Thread: Medicham

Default Medicham

Medicham

Medicham is a pretty cool pokemon. Due to its coolio ability its attack literally doubles to a sky high base attack of 187 that the highest in the game! But unlike its brothers in crime Deoxys-A and Rampardos medicham lacks a good speed or a way to get a good speed outside of choice scarf and takes good stats anywhere else to attack on the special side. Also like all of the above its particularly frail and aside from a stronger high jump kick medicham got little from this generation. Still with a great move pool and a kick ass attack it works well in the UU metagame.

HP: 60
    Attack: 60
    Defense: 75
    Sp. Attack: 60
    Sp. Defense: 75
    Speed: 80

Physical Attacker
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Band
    Ability: Pure Power
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 252 Attack 6 Defense 252 Speed
    -jump kick
    -zen headbutt
    -ice punch/thunder punch
    -fake out/bullet punch/trick

An absolute monster. Slap on a choice band or even a life orb and you will be KOing many threats with ease. Life orb if you like to switch around moves or choice band for even moar powa. Jump kick is a mandatory move donít leave home without it with its great base power and stab with it. Zen headbutt it also great stab and hurts any incoming poison walls which are common in UU. Thunder and ice punch are mainly for coverage proposes hitting flying types hard as well as hitting a few pokemon with quadruple damage like torterra. Ice punch is usually suggested for torterra and altaria but thunder punch hits slowbro and slow king hard which would normally wall you without it. You should keep an eye out for your base power though since because of stab a normally effective jump kick is stronger then a super effective hit from ice or thunder punch. Fake out is dangerously stronger priority more suggested on the life orb set and bullet punch is general priority if you need it to pick off things. Trick is an option on the choice band set shutting down many walls if you predict right. Jolly and max speed evs are needed to speed tie other base 80s which are popular in UU and the rest goes to attack to sweep.

Choice Scarf Attacker
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Pure Power
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs: 42 HP 252 Attack 216 Speed
    -jump kick
    -zen headbutt
    -ice punch/thunder punch
    -trick

With again that absurd attack all medicham wants is more speed. Well slap on a choice scarf and your wishes are granted medicham. As with the last set jump kick for good strong stab zen headbutt for stab to poisons and ice or thunder punch for coverage and flying types. Trick is a new toy here allowing you to revenge shutdown many boosting sweepers that think you will switch away but instead give them a deadly and useless item. The evs here allow you to outspeed base 120s which is as fast as it gets in UU. But you can run 252 speed if you want to speed tie base 80s but thatís a little overdone. The rest goes to attack to sweep and then HP for a tad bit more bulk.

Reversal
    Item: Salac Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Ivs: 0 HP 0 Defense 0 Sp. Defense
    Evs: 252 Sp. Attack 6 Sp. Attack 252 Speed
    -reversal
    -endure
    -zen headbutt
    -bullet punch/ice punch/thunder punch

With frailness maximized medicham can endure up on a hit and survive with one HP gaining access to a salac better boost and the powerful reversal. Zen head butt is alternative stab for ghost types. Bullet punch is good priority and thunder or ice punch is ok coverage if reversal isnít up or will fail. I should note though that even with a super effective hit on something that resists reversal the attacking power will be exactly the same. Thatís why bullet punch is suggested. The ivs minimize your bulk to take hits as awful as you can. The evs maximize the speed and attack to sweep with reversal and that salac berry boost. Adamant increases the attack even more since you will rarely need to be max speed for other 80s which are scarfed but jolly is an option. The reason you donít have a specialized speed stat here is because there is no point because you donít want to place those extra evs in the defense so why no place in speed for any random thing in between you might find.

Other Options:
    -sub-punch is an option but since high jump kick now has 130 power 20 more power with all that hastel isnít that great
    -bulk up is an option but you donít quite have the bulk to do it
    -fire punch hurts forretress and ferrothorn harder but outside of that fighting mores are better
    -light screen can be set up if you want
    -rock slide allows you to hit harder against flying types and hurts bugs but the chance of missing on such crucial pokemon is a problem
    -psycho cut is a 10 power cut for 100% accuracy as an option over zen head butt but you run into a few breeding problem
    -toxic can be ser up against those slowbros and other switch ins
    -poison jab hurts grass types but most are grass/poison and zen headbutt hits harder
    -other fighting moves are possible but all are no inferior to the amazing jump kick

Team Options:
    -ghosts cause problems so a pursuiter is welcome
    -pokemon to take hits on both sides to take hits for it
    -it might force a few switches and is a decent wall breaker so it works great on both stall teams and offensive teams wearing down and killing off

Counters:
    -spirtomb takes an and all hits
    -physical walls
    -ghost and psychic types in general

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Who needs a poll with a pokemon that OBVIOUSLY belongs in Ubers?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

?

I fail to see why

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

It's not like I'm telling a JOKE

on POKEDREAM

jeez

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

YOU DIDN'T LIST HIGH JUMP KICK OMG U IDUT KIRB

your welcome

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

and honestly, UU. it doesn't have stab priority like azumarill has, and i just don't like that for competitive :/

your welcome