4 80.00%
  • RU

0 0%
  • NU

0 0%

Thread: Marowak

Default Marowak

Marowak

Marowak is a frightening pokemon when faced on the battle friend. It can 1 or 2 HKO every pokemon in the game. The secrete to its success: a great attack stat with the added bonus of a great item that doubles your attack stat giving you the equivalent of a pokemon with a 209 base attack stat. And better yet marowak has decent defenses and a good move pool. What holds it back? Its really low speed with no good way to increase it. But marowak can still be a monstrous pokemon with trick room or paralysis support definitely not a pokemon to under rate.

HP: 60
    Attack: 80
    Defense: 110
    Sp. Attack: 50
    Sp. Defense: 80
    Speed: 45

Any Set: Physical Sweeper
    Item: Bone Club
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 30 HP 252 Attack 228 Speed
    -substitute
    -earthquake
    -double edge
    -fire punch/thunder punch

While Marowak may not seem to have the greatest speed in UU its good enough to outspeed nearly every wall making for a dangerous wall breaker. Substitute can be used to set up on pokemon you counter like Registeel and perhaps regirock. From there you set up a substitute and then have a free turn on whatever comes in to wail on it. Earthquake is the main stab attack option here hitting at an amazing 150 base power. Double edge is also a good coverage move hitting many types hard with that good 120 base power on things hard that earthquake canít like flying grass and bug types and with no recoil thanks to rock head. Fire punch is for those bug and grass types and thunder punch for flying types. One may wonder why one doesnít run fire punch and thunder punch the reason is that a few pokemon will counter you namely levitators like claydol and weezing which can then take any hit you dish out and at 120 base power simple elemental punches donĎt cut the cake if the damage from them is neutral. Besides double edge is great for coverage only having problems with rock steel and ghost types only the later earthquake canít deal with. The evs tided with a jolly nature allow you to out speed the fastest wall in the UU molitic which for some reason (beyond me) loves to run 8 speed. The rest goes into the HP to be bulky and then attack to sweep.

Every other set you have for Marowak should look something like this. Trick room sets have min speed with brave and then place the speed evs in HP to be really bulky. As with the tank set you run place your evs into HP and possibly defense and run adamant or impish. In any case the moves remain exactly the same as a universal move set. The trick room set is ok but the tank set is generally outclassed by more sturdy tanks but it can work because of that great attack.

Other Options:
    -stone edge is possible for coverage hitting ghost types harder as well as having decent coverage but generally double edge is fine and better yet doesnít miss
    -focus punch can be used with substitute but it can earthquake have the same base power and similar coverage I mean all focus punch does better is hurt normal types and even then they will probably just die to an earthquake
    -swords dance can be used but you will be fodder for special sweepers and you generally donít have a move to do this
    -belly drum + salac berry is an option but even after a speed boost you can only outspeed base 90s which is not something to boast about
    -toxic can be used but so can other moves
    -sunny day can be set up but does nothing for Marowak besides power up fire punch
    -stealth rocks can be set up but other pokemon do it better
    -outrage hurts dragons but ice punch does it better
    -you have lots of fighting moves lock lick and brick break are the main move but if focus punch can;ít make the cut then your using substitute of all things then they donít either
    -perish song can be sued to force switches if thatís your thing

Team Options:
    -thunder wave users
    -trick room teams
    -screens helps you take hits
    -special walls to take those special hits grass types deserve mention taking water and grass hits steel type take grass and ice hits and water types take water and ice hits

Counters:
    -after a sub is gone then its easy to take down with special sweepers
    -prediction because if you predict something like this will come in you donít have to deal with it at all koing it as it attempts to sub
    -priority attackers

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

UU all dah way.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

unanimous UU

its still the slow little emo we've all come to know

your welcome

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

PS: why not bonemerang? its EQ, but it breaks subs.

your welcome

for the same power you have a 81% accuracy I might mention it though but its not that great

Bonemerang is brilliant for breaking subs.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Trick Room and Marowak is heavenly

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    Trick Room and Marowak is heavenly
    Agreed. I have one and certainly makes almost everything it's bitch in UU (and a fair few in OU too).

Albert Einstein

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

It's much more fun than Rampardos because you can catch a physical sweeper who's not that strong and you can Swords Dance whilst he can't really kill you and then OHKO loads of stuff.

I believe that Marowak has absolutely zero use outside of such a team, though. Medicham is probably a lot better if you want something with power and awesome moves but absolutely no practicability to add some kind of 'oomph' factor. The least fun is Slaking, who just leads to a stagnant game.