Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PD: Legacies - IC Thread Book I

Nick had been drifting in and out as the old man adressed the group. After they left, he managed to pull himself up into a sitting position.

"You aren't just going to let them go?" He asked. The man in the purple robe turned away from the book he was writing in to regard Nick.

"They're stronger than you think, especially now that they have...companions. I can only do so much, I promised not to meddle in the affairs of this world again and so I am very limited. I'll protect the town again until they return or until you are well enough, whichever comes first."

Nick shook his head.

"I can't believe I let Dietrich do that to me, he's gotten so powerful," the boy said, running his hand along the stock of his shotgun as he spoke, "Maybe if I'd done something different he wouldn't have left the village...:

The man turned back to his book.

"Don't be to hard on yourself, young Nick. Deitrich was a troubled boy... I made the mistake in training him instead of waiting for these new ones to be ready. Now I just hope they're strong enough to correct at least a few of my mistakes."

Nick laid back down and collapsed into much needed rest.

(time for y'all to get on the road...)
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Themis stood hidden in the shadows of a large tree far enough from the small hut at the edge of the village to avoid notice, but close enough to eavesdrop where she could. A Gardevoir stood at her side, hovering slightly above the ground, a disapproving frown on her human-like face. The scent of magic had alerted the Gardevoir that something was happening nearby, and Themis had insisted on investigating.

Having observed the entire scene, she had more questions than she did answers. When the pokemon appeared, seemingly from thin air, a slight gasp escaped her lips. Looking to Mishka, Themis asked, "Are they real?"

Mishka frowned harder, concentrating her energy on the newly arrived pokemon one by one before she nodded her head once up and once down.

"How is that possible..?" Themis allowed the question to trail off. There would be no way for the Gardevoir to know the answer unless she managed to pluck it from the head of the old man. But some risks were not worth taking.

She couldn't wait to dig the leatherbound book from her pack and leaf through it's yellowed pages, record the images she had seen in a careful hand. Her Encyclopedia of Pokemon was no where near complete, and these additions would go a long way. A butterfly of excitement fluttered around her heart.

After the troop had marched out of the hut, Themis looked at her pokemon and whispered, "I am going to talk to them."

Mishka crossed her arms and stubbornly shook her head no.

"We have been tracking the bandits for weeks. The locals might have answers." Said Themis, as the Gardevoir shook her head. "They might know which direction they headed when they left." Themis explained patiently. To patiently. "They are harmless country villagers."

The Gardevoir stamped a foot in the air, sending a tiny cloud of dust up from the ground.

"I am doing it, with or without you." Themis held the eyes of the pokemon steadily.

A calm female voice spoke in her mind, The old man is too dangerous, the risk is not worth the reward. Pass this village by.

Themis shrugged, a mere lift of her thin shoulders. "In the ball, or out?"

Without answering, the Gardevoir emerged from the shadows and headed toward the village gate, forcing Themis to grab the patched and worn brown leather satchel at her feet and hurry after the gliding Gardevoir.

Themis wore tightly fitting black pants and a long tunic-like shirt of a matching shade with tiny silver flowers embroidered here and there. A silver belt around the waist held a smooth black leather pouch and two pokeballs, with room for one more. A long jet black cloak swirled around her black booted feet. Her dark hair was tied back in a harsh knot at the base of her neck. With the hood of the cloak pulled over her head and tugged low, the white mask was a great contrast.

Once at the gate, she paused and looked at the girl with the little sand colored pokemon running for all it was worth to keep up. Watched her run smack into a young man and listened as she exclaimed over a pokeball he had dropped. They were rare enough to peek her interest and she wondered if he knew what he had.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

I have no mouth. And I must scream. geromy's Avatar

"Haha, yes that is my name."
    "Anyway, you said this was a poke ball?" "Do you know anything else about it?"

in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals

"um... well... kinda..." Trinity said with a half smile, "I mean, I've seen one before, but I couldn't tell ya how to use it..." She could tell Gerant was disappointed with the lack of knowledge on the subject. "Oh, but I know someone who can, maybe help you with it! Do you know Vindi?"

Before the man had a chance to do more than open his mouth, the girl grabbed the little red and white ball in one hand and the man's wrist in the other. "Come with me!" she exclaimed resuming her mad rush for the gate while dragging the poor man behind her, her pokemon skittering at their feet.

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

Vindicaire was waiting at the gate. He looked at the ground and kicked at the dust a bit, almost as if he was embarrased. As Trinity approached, he cleared his throat.

"I, Ah, I've decided that, well... I can do more good here. Anything technological you discover is going to take time to get in working order. And I really can't do that if I'm off wandering the wasteland with you. ANything you can bring back though, I'll be happy to try and refurbish."

He glanced at the pokeball.

"SO you've got one too. Well, Trinity can use all the help she can get. Look, it's simple to work.... theoretically, if you manage to someone weaken a pokemon, all you have to do is push the little button on the ball, toss it and like that, it's captured. Releasing it fromt he ball follows the same principal. As to how to get it to do what you want... well, I suggest you go pester the old guy or figure it out for yourself. Now, if you'll excuse me... I need to see if I can figure out a way to make new ammo for Nick's shotgun... if you find ANY shells, spent or otherwise, bring them back. I don't know how many he has, but it can't be many. Trinity...good luck."

His speech to Trinity completed, and not even noticing the approaching masked woman, Vindicaire headed back toward his house. He still had a lot of experimenting to do with his own pokeball.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Suddenly, villager Clem ran up, out of breath.

"Something terrible has happened! The Oak boy was out fishin'....huff huff.... and he had on the weird Miltank costume he always keeps around.... and A Wild Tauros appeared! It saw him in the costume.. and... I don't even want to think about it but.... it raped him to death, right there on the dock!"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

>.>

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals

After getting over the initial shock of the news of her companion, Trinity turned to her pokemon and her new freind. "Well... looks like it's just us! Who needs those losers anyway? We can save this town ourselves! It's time for an adventure!"

And with that she marched out the gate and into the wild forest, her pokemon skittering along behind her.

[IMG][/IMG]

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12