Thread: Space Something

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Default Space Something

While Qoorl's RP is nice, I am going to give away money before I join another Pokemon RP. So here's my own.

Space Something
    (Crusaders or pirates or something, I'll change it as people join)

3254 AD - The dark ages are verging upon the Milky Way Galaxy, and one beacon of knowledge remains among the culturally backwards star system. The University, a small planet in the smallest arm of the galaxy, is house of the majority of intellectuals known. It is highly sought after as a hub of new technologies, including weaponry, as the Galactic Empire collapses into barbaric, autonomous states.

States

The Galactic Empire - The largest authority in the Milky Way galaxy from 2567 - 3232, The Galactic Empire had a capital based around the large star Ytrionus, approximately 500 light-years away from the central black-hole of the galaxy. Ytrionus - the city planet - is almost entirely covered in metal structures, and is infamously known as The Big Stink. Most outer systems have since descended from empirical rule, although the empire keeps a large border around the center of the galaxy. The empire currently believes that capturing The University is it's only hope.

The University - Founded 3153, The University was discovered by a mother-ship of the galaxy's brightest with the intent of creating "The smartest planet in the universe". The several continents of the planet are divided into specific studies, such as physics, biology, political sciences, etc. In spite of its name, The University does not operate as a mainly educational institution, although there are several large universities across the planet.

Gaia - Existing in the Orion arm of the galaxy, many regard Gaia as "The Mother Planet", as it appears to be the originator of human life. There are no confirmations, but the Gaians regard their planet as such and nickname themselves "Originateers". Gaia has a pervasive patriotism. However, it is also known as being fairly liberal and providing freedoms to it citizens. Gaia is currently run under a monarchy that plans on annexing The University for its own uses.

Mistria - Due to its abundant natural resources, Mistria is a large economic center of the galaxy. Mistria lacks a middle class, and is run under an oligarchy of upper-class citizens. Many private investors of Mistria have a keen interest The University.

Asticia - The mystics planet. Asticia has a hierarchy based around its clergy of The Galactic Church. Although not directly invested in The University, Asticia typically sabotages the other states for its own gains.

Da Rulez

-Technologies can be made up as they are needed, within god-modding and common-sense limits
    -No killing other people's characters
    -You can be anyone you want, including galactic leaders. I have no idea where this plot will go
    -NO ALIENS. Maybe some mutant humans, but nothing fancy.

Sign-up

Name:
    Planet of Origin:
    Appearance:
    History:
    Equipment:
    Skillz:
    Other:

I don't want personality plzthx

Name: Ninel Rimdalev
    Planet of Origin: University (currently living on Mistria)
    Appearance: Short stout fellow. Reseading hair line. Brown hair brown eye and white. Always has a bit of stuble.
    History: Grew up on University but grew tired of there pretentious atitude and moved to Mistria to work as a leader of the Union.
    Equipment: a an old History book going up to the year 2075 a laptop and a gun that shoots lazers which for people of this era is retro
    Skillz: awesome speaker can sway throngs of people his way
    Other: communist

Ok, uh... not accepted. And there are no unions on Mistria, that's the point.

no LEGAL unions

no

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Name: Marcus Renx

Planet of Origin: Arcturia III, a icebound planet located on the borders of Imperial space.

Appearance: Tall. Grey-blue eyes. Short black hair with grey streaks cut to military precision. Lightly built but toned.

History: A former soldier of the Empire who was discharged and turned to law enforcement. He took part in many front line missions and now heads up riot suppression and seek and destroy missions in the Arcturian Law Enforcement Department (LED).

Equipment:
    - Mk. VII "Red Lance" laser rifle. Fully automatic, three shot burst and single shot settings. Full power and suppression settings; suppression reduces the energy used resulting in less penetration but more ammunition. Charge pack contains enough energy for 30 full power shots. Standard LED issue.
    - "Imperialist" autopistol. Seven shot solid slug pistol. Imperial Army issue; a memento from his soldiering days.
    - Shock staff. Collapsible metal staff, extending from one foot up to four feet. Discharges an electrical burst on contact similar to a tazer. Standard LED issue.
    - Mk. III "Enforcer" body armour. Protects against most laser, energy and solid weapons. Standard LED issue.
    - Tactic Goggles. Contain HUD with links to LED HQ, target highlighter, minor threat analysis and thermal imaging. Standard LED issue.
    - Combead. Allows communication with others within a small area. Can be relayed through more powerful communication systems. Standard LED issue.

Skills: Advanced marksmanship, basic melee and unarmed combat, basic leadership, basic combat tactics. Some security and demolitions experience.

Other: Hates Asticians, believing them to be useless arrogant know-it-alls who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

Well done. Accepted

Name: General Geolus Ridius

Planet of Origin: Gaia

Appearance:

History: Born and raised in Gaia in a standard middle-class household. Joined the Gaian Militian Forces at the age of 23 before leaving at 25 due to problems with leadership. Joined the Royal Navy at 26. Became a Corporal at 30. Became a general at 36. Currently in charge of all foreign affairs within The University's arm.

Equipment:

One nuclear-powered semi-automatic Royal Navy Laser Rifle - Current battery-power estimate at 7 years or 5,000 rounds

One standard issue Royal Navy Gaian pistol - 20 rounds on person

One carbon steel knife

One remote and self destruct button installed in top-left molar

Skillz:
    Standard hand-to-hand combat, moderate marksmanship, survival, leadership, battle strategy

Name:
    Mars Glee

Planet of Origin: Karcisia, a tropical-desert planet under Mistrian control

Appearance: Wiry, black, and has an awesome beard.

History: Born in Karcisia but constantly moved from planet to planet within Mistria in his childhood. Joined Mistrian mercenary's guild at 16. Taken on for University affairs by Mistrian investors at 23. Currently leading a guerrilla warfare unit in The University's south-western continent of Biology.

Equipment:

One carbon steel machete

One Mistrian-issue laser pistol - 5 battery packs with 10 rounds each

One weak personal shield generator stolen from University research center - Battery pack estimated to die after 30 hours of use

One personal EMP generator stolen from University research center - Approximate field of half a mile lasting 2 minutes

Skillz: Leadership, survival, basic hand-to-hand, basic marksmanship, navigation, strategy

I'm fixin' to sign up in a minute. As soon as I get done hacking up this lung. *cough, splutter*

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

omg it's a Keke! How the hell have you been, pretty lady?

fine Solly you win T-T

if I am just an underground revolutionary can I be in?

Good Ed, how about you? =)

Kirby, if you want to join in just follow the fucking rules, no one wants to see you bicker with the thread creator. Either conform or fuck off

Name: Alta Blackmoore
    Planet of Origin: Blackmoore Minor, a tiny (but wealthy) lush tropical planet near Mistria
    Appearance:
    History: As the eldest daughter in a family of wealthy miners and land owners, it was understood from birth that Alta would one day run the family business. She studied hard when she was younger, learning the minerals and metals of her home planet and how to optimize profits on the family Plantation, both under the soil and above it in wildlife and plants. But as she grew older, she developed a wild hair that simply could not be plucked. On a whim, she 'borrowed' a family ship and took a place at the Court of Gaia, hobnobbing with the snobs. Never quite being accepted as an equal by the royals, her status as a merchant's daughter grated on her and she perpetually sought to win the approval of her peers.

While Alta was away, a very rare slave uprising occurred on her father's properties (or so she was told) and her family was completely annihilated. The local militia surged in to quickly quell the fight, but not before all was lost. She hopes to one day raise a military force and retake her lands, for they have been 'secured' by neighbors who harvest the bountiful wealth of her home as a 'tax' for tending it.

Equipment: Ornate platinum dagger with pigeon's blood ruby hilt, laser pistol, laser sniper rifle with optimizing lens, graviton boots, Portable Bag of Optimal Storage, Wound Kit, and other cool shit not listed here contained in above mentioned bag.
    Skillz: First aid, piloting & navigation, self defense combat training, sharp-shooter, herbalist, mediocre cook. Oh, and she knits.
    Other: HAMSTER
    Last edited by Keke Le Cat; 02-23-2011 at 04:22 PM.

I'm as totally awesome as ever, thanks ^_^

what rules? he just didn't live the idea of a union

In the grimdark grimdark of the future grimdark, unionists are shot on sight.

I have no mouth. And I must scream. geromy's Avatar

Name: Dorian Morgan
    Planet of Origin: Ytrionus
    Appearance: Dark Hair, Very businesslike, normal build.
    History: Born on Ytrionus to a poor family, he learned to accept the fast paced life of the city very early on. Learning the ways of business, he often scammed and used his silver tongue to coerce his classmates into giving his money to help his family. At fourteen he started a selling newspapers which gradually evolved into a media empire.
    Equipment:
    1 Reproduction Antique Revolver, with Lazer Technology
    10 3 Round Energy Packs for Said Revolver
    1 PDA Computer
    1 Suit
    Skillz: Coercion
    Last edited by geromy; 02-21-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Keke: Accepted, but try not to drift too far into the Pirates-esque magic and swordplay stuff. Also: Take out the gravitron boots. That's just a little too gimmicky for me.

Geromy: Accepted. However, that "antique revolver" is a millennium-and-a-quarter years old, so it would probably have broken right now. If you really want the look, make it a reproduction.

Think I am just going to pull out of this actually. Have fun you guys =)

Maybe if your father had pulled out you wouldn't have been born >:-(

My mom wishes.