Thread: St. Malachy, Michigan

Default St. Malachy, Michigan

Welcome to St. Malachy, Michigan.
    You were born in this sandy little town on the Great Lake. There is an amusement park on the pier, with rides, swimming and games in the summer. The Gold Beach is a tourist attraction and this hodunk town's main source of income.

During the off season, the traffic lights blink on and off, and the strip of gift shops on the pier have blackened windows. Tractors are not an uncommon sight in the town itself, and there are still hitching posts outside of the general store.

You were raised in the sleepy town and attended St. Malachy High School. You graduated between the years of 2005-2009. Our roleplay opens in March of 2010.

Since then, you've either attended the local community college (some 40 miles away) or settled into life in town with either a job, a family, or both.

Did you sign up with the local police force right out of high school and now ticket tourists while nodding to townies? Are you a bag boy or a vet's assistant? Are you a single mom struggling to raise a toddler? Or a dad working two jobs to pay child support?

Prominent Streets and Locations
    There is a rabbit warren of little streets and avenues in the city of St. Malachy, here I have listed only a few. Please feel free to list side streets as you wish.
    Highway 1 - The busy interstate that passes nearby
    Coffee Creek Rd - a rural highway leading out of town
    The Ponds - Upscale subdivision off of Coffee Creek Rd
    Main Street - Street that you turn off the highway onto which leads to Gold Beach Amusement Park and cuts right through town
    Gold Beach Boulevard - a road lined with beach houses that follows the coast of Lake Michigan

Prominent Establishments
    There is a variety of shops and stores that subsist in the town, doing most of their business during the summer and coasting through the winter months.

Premonitions Pizza & Bar
    No one knows why Sally Sue decided to call her bar what she did, and she couldn't tell you why herself. It's an average small town watering hole. It has pool tables, pinball machines and everything a little bar should, up to and including a dark and smokey atmosphere with a Jukebox in the corner.

The Blue Lagoon
    Seedy pub on Coffee Creek Road

Lulu's Coffee & Delicatessen
    The pink awning over the door is a great indicator of the type of person Lulu Simmons happens to be. She is bubbly, blond and on the wrong side of 40 though she will never admit it, complete with a tiny yapping poodle and a huge, sunny smile.

Trixie's Diner & Drive-in
    Teenager hangout, and the best darn burger and fries in Michigan by golly.

Salon Rouge
    The only manicure and hair care center within 45 miles

Carl's Barber Shop
    There is a striped pole by the door, and a fat, balding man in a white overcoat ready to give you a cut just like your granddaddy's.

Mayfair's Orchard
    The Stop 'n Fill attached to Classy Used Cars & Repair
    Mayfair's Tackle 'n Bait
    Hilbert's Pharmacy & Soda Counter
    The Five 'n Dime
    Edwards' Grocery

St. Malacky Catholic Church
    St. Malacky Hospital
    St. Malacky Police Station
    St. Malacky County Offices
    St. Malacky Veterinary Clinic
    St. Malachy High School
    St. Malacky Water Works
    St. Malacky Brick Manufacturer
    St. Malacky Textiles

Various farms are scattered throughout the outlying area as well

A few Prominent Citizens:
    Mayor Bob Price
    Police Chief Simmons
    Bishop MacNamara
    Dr. Stewart
    Lulu Simmons - Owns a Coffee shop
    Mandy Simmons - Owns Salon Rouge
    Sally Sue Pricket - Owns Premonitions
    Larry Mayfair & Family - Owns Mayfair's Apple Orchard
    Carl Barker - Owns the barber shop
    Teddy Long - Owns Trixie's
    Ned Mayfair - Owns the tackle shop
    Mr. Hilbert - Owns the Pharmacy
    Boris Chekov - Owns the five n dime
    Hugh Edwards - Owns the grocery store

The Census requires you fill out this sheet for St. Malachy County records:
    Name:
    Address:
    Birthdate:
    Graduating Class:
    Biography:

Character ideas:
    My character's brother, ex-boyfriend, and ex-best friend could make interesting additions.

Surnames that I've listed as prominent in the town that are playable:
    (note: You are in no way limited to these ideas or names, be creative)
    Simmons
    Price
    Stewart
    Edwards
    Long
    Chekov
    Hilbert
    Becker
    Pricket

If you would like for me to change the name of any of the established businesses or their owners, just let me know. If you would like for me to add any businesses, please say the word.

Here is the map, I didn't list all the businesses, but you get a general idea. If there is anything you'd like to add, or would like me to change, just let me know.

HUGE SPOILER:
    A few days, weeks, or months into the roleplay... (I will decide when)

War erupted in the heavens. Angels, representing a vast number of elements and themes, have begun to battle for dominance. Whatever it is that rules over Heaven seems to have turned away from the world, and the heaven's above. No one in heaven knows where He went or what He's doing. And most don't care. A vacant spot has opened, a place for power. An Angel who bests the others can see his own ideology spread on a global level, his own power increasing. And so some of the Angels began to battle the others. Some joined forces in retaliation for these attacks, and soon all the Heaven's were embroiled in a great war.

This has nothing to do with the peaceful residents of St. Malachy, Michigan. At least until the Soul Shards began to rain from the sky. Those angels that were defeated in battle had their bodies shattered, leaving only a small fragment behind that fell like a meteor. These fragments held ancient Power, and most of the mind and soul of a fallen angel.

In time people around St. Malachy began to find the shards, and when they touched them the Angel within Bound with them, sharing it's power. In return the people became avatars of the angels, battling each other, trying to destroy their enemy shards. Gaining power, they worked together to ascend back into the sky.

So I bumped into god up here north of heaven and I was like, "Dude, god, you have to go back to heaven, the angels are like freaking out and shit."

He was like, "No wai. You have no idea what it's like for me!"

I was like, "Jesus." /eyeroll

And he was like, "NO! Jesus is my son! See you just don't get it! No one does. All I can do is listen to HIM. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME."

Then I said, "God, you are such an emo." and rolled my eyes again before walking away.
    When the time comes, we will all create angel profiles. These profiles will all be of the same alignment (GOOD,) unless one of us deigns to be an antagonist. Presumably though, the NPCs will be evil, and we will be good.

RULES!
    If you want to argue, do it in PMs. Lets keep this clean and civil. Please be respectful of each other at all times. Thank you very much.

As creator, I have final say on all character sheets.

God modding should be limited.

You cannot kill each other's characters off without permission.

Don't be an asshole.

I love you. (just checking to see if you are still reading, okay you were so disregard.)

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Name: Amy Mayfair
    Address: 321 Gold Beach Boulevard (Currently living in her grandparent's beach house, though she group up on Mayfair's apple farm, way out Coffee Creek Rd.)
    Birthdate: March 21, 1989
    Graduating Class: 2007
    Biography:

Amy was born in St. Malacky Hospital and baptized in St. Malacky Catholic Church by Bishop MacNamara. She lived a normal midwestern childhood, happy if sheltered. Her country home had everything she could ask for, right down to a cocker spaniel that was always having puppies and a horse of her own. Her father Brian was a police officer, as was his father before him. Her mother Lily stayed at home raising the children.

When she was 9 years old, it all changed. One night, her mother left. Simply drove off in the family station wagon, and never returned. Her father changed, he blamed Amy and her younger brother for their mother's disappearance and took up drinking. Her grandparents Larry and Ruth did what they could, but he was a shell of the man he once was.

In high school, Amy was the Head Cheerleader and Home Coming Queen. The fall before she left, she was crowned Queen of the Pumpkin festival as well as Miss St. Malachy, Michigan at the local county fair. She was bubbly, excitable, lovable... and it was all a facade. Only her closest friends had any idea how bad it was at home.

A few short days after graduation, Amy loaded up the '97 Ford Probe her grandfather had given her for her 16th birthday and drove out of town. She headed west, for LA and never looked back. Once there she got a one room apartment over a restaurant and a calico cat and began auditioning for television shows and movies.

After nearly two years she finally got her big break, the staring role in a television pilot. But before they could start filming, Amy was hit by a car and suffered a broken leg, and several broken ribs. She spent over a month in the hospital, and over three months in a cast. By the time she was healed enough to appear on film, she had been replaced.

Uninsured, her medical bills stacked up, and soon credit card bills followed when she lost her job as a waitress because she couldn't perform her duties on crutches. Only a few months after the dream was realized, it collapsed like a nudged card castle, and she had to return home.

Her hardened father felt betrayed by her disappearance, so like her mother's, and wanted nothing to do with her. Her grandparents allowed her to live in their beach house until such as a time as she can get back on her feet.

In High School she had often told her closest friends that while their teachers may insist that the world was round, she new that it was flat because it dropped off sharp somewhere down Highway 1. Simply because when people left, they never came back. Now she is being force fed those words as she drives home in the same beat up Ford.

O.O

fuck lot of reading to do

If you'd rather, we could all play teenagers in high school.

Yes, this is a variation of a RP of Qoorl's that we once tried.

Let's try again.

More SIM to start before the wacky sci fi begins though.

Name: Tim
    Address: 1169 Industrial Parkway
    Birthdate: May 29 1990
    Graduating Class: erm... 2008
    Biography:

Grew up on indutrial parkway usually a slum with most of its redsident's becoming drug addicts. I was lucky and got some smarts. I am sort of a nerdy guy. After high school I went to the local community college and got my accosiates. I am currently aiming to be a teacher but there are still options open. Unfortuanly with the recession that doesn't offer any jobs so I am still in school working at the local Pharmacy as a bag boy.

fuck that was small

I am bad describing myself

That works, accepted.

Name: Kyle Roberts

Address: 691 Peach Tree St.

Birthdate: April 1, 1986

Graduating Class: 2005

Biography: Born in a small town to hayseed parents, Kyle was unusual in that he was a consumate dreamer. He just didn't seem to really fit in with the rural lifestyle of St. Malachy. He read, he drew, he lived and breathed to create. Despite it all, he loved his hometown and didn't think he could bear to part from it. Around 5th grade he picked up a box full of comic books and old rpg supplements at the flea market over in Warren and his life was set. He got out of town whenever he could, eager to pick up new material, and when he discovered mail order, he was even happier. He could stay right here in St. Malachy and do what he wanted.

Times changed and as graduation approached his parents decided that St. Malachy just wasn't right for them. His father got a job working at the tractor factory way off in Dearborn. Kyle refused to go with them. There was heated argument but his parents were a small town couple, they had been high school sweethearts and in the end they understood...for the most part. The house had long since been paid for and Kyle got a part time job and stayed on to finish class of '05.

After that he worked furiously to save money and write grants. In the end it paid off and he had the money, even if a big chunk of it was a big ol' bank loan. It took another year but in 2007, he finally managed to open Pizza Dungeon.

The Gaming and Comic Book store/ Pizzeria met with fierce competition from Sally Sue, and the woman still harbors a grudge. As such it's much more the store than the restaraunt and the kitchen really only opens during the tourist season. It's a tough living, the town isn't really the right size or...niche, to support his store and he has only a few loyal customers that drive from out of town. Still he's been able to make ends meet and even self publishes a little comic book of his own, Falcon Arch. It's made it up to issue 11 through his preserverance...even if there are only about 250 people who read it.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

That's great. Accepted ^_^

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Can I use my old profile?

Sure, if you age him considerably. =)

What you got against 12 year olds

Why would adults take a 12 year old seriously? The sign up is really clear about age. =)

Though if everyone wants to play younger characters, that could work. Otherwise, you need to age your child genius and figure out what he's doing after high school

1 child 12 adults it will work

no

Man... I really liked that game... EVERYONE had some good character interaction... even the people that weren't very experienced RPers...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!