Thread: Pokemon: Elvawyn Adventures

Back for a bit. Miss me? UmbreonGal's Avatar

Default Pokemon: Elvawyn Adventures

This is a test to see who would like to read a story that's filled with the Pokemon I've created.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

not unless its interesting

your welcome

It could be interesting. The canon Pokemon will be in the story as well.

If you write them. We will read.

Default Chapter 1: A Journey's Beginning

Chapter One: A Journey’s Beginning

The clouds rolled around the air ship. The massive metal body hulled its cargo through the sky, the propellers rotating with all their might. She smiled as her Premier Ball glistened in the sunlight as she pulled away the sleeve of her light sweater. She shrunk it down, putting it back on the clasp that hung from the silver chain around her neck. She brushed her jet black bangs that escaped the hold of her red hat behind her ear as she looked out the window.

“Excuse me,” a voice said politely.

“Yes?” She looked at the young man with slightly tanned skin and light brown eyes. He had blue hair, with a slight green tint to it.

He smiled sheepishly. “Mind if I sit with you?”

She raised an eye brow. “Weren’t you riding first class?”

“Yeah, but it’s all stuffy with business men and crap. So do you mind? Your seat is free.”

“Fine.”

“Thanks.” He sat down in the seat, adjusting his scarf. “I’m Wyatt, Wyatt Neilson.”

“Masako Hanabi.”

“Oh so you’re from Kanto or something?”

“My parents were, I’m from an island called Laletria.”

“Oh you’re that Masako Hanabi, the high ranking trainer of several leagues and a few Grande Festivals too.”

“Yep.”

“What brings you to Elvawyn?”

“Isn’t it obvious? A new journey, plus a long distant friend of mine suggested I come here. Why are you going?”

“I’m from Elvawyn, Zephyr City actually. I was on a journey for a few years and my dad wants me to come home. Dads ya know?”

“Not really, mine left.”

“Oh…”

Masako shrugged, twisting her body to look out the window. She blinked. “We’re descending.”

“Yeah, the water’s too shallow so we land at one of the port islands and take a ferry to the peninsula.”

“Crap…I thought that this air ship went to Hillside town’s port.”

“Hillside town doesn’t really have one. Only small fishing boats are allowed to port there. Besides the ferries of course.” Wyatt looked at the teen’s face, seeing worry. “Would you like me to guide you? I know this region like the back of my hand.” Masako nodded. Wyatt smiled. “It’ll be alright.”

The air ship soon touched that water, slowing to a stop as it reached the port. Masako wobbled a bit as she hopped out of the vehicle. She stretched, taking in the sunshine and the salty air. The atmosphere reminded her of home a bit. She didn’t miss it though, having been home for nearly a year before she had set out on this journey. She picked up her bag from the claim area, slinging the red backpack over her shoulder.

“You’ll have to go through the check,” Wyatt stated as he met up with her.

“Why’s that?”

“Elvawyn is very sensitive about letting foreign Pokémon in since it could disrupt the native habitats.”

“That kinda makes sense, but if I have to go without Ledian…”

“Ledian?”

“He’s my partner,” Masako said, pointing to the shrunken down Premier Ball on her necklace. “Caught him on the first day of my journey when I was ten. Haven’t been apart since.”

Wyatt nodded, being able to relate. He lead Masako to the check, she was relieved when her Ledian got the “all clear” to enter the region. They boarded one of the ferries, Ledian hovering beside his trainer as they looked ahead. It wasn’t until about fifteen minutes into the ride before the cliff-sides started coming over the horizon. Wyatt smiled, pointing towards the cliffs. “We’ll have to hike up those and walk a few miles until we reach Hillside town.”

“Why is it called Hillside when it’s along cliffs?”

“Elvawyn used to be larger, but some of the land broke away, forming the cliffs. Hillside town is surrounded by large hills and stuff like that.”

Masako nodded. “What’s in Hillside? My friend didn’t really say much.”

“Well there’s a Pokémon lab, several farms and ranches. Not much since the gym leader there went on hiatus.”

“Who’s the professor at the lab?”

“Don’t really know actually, it was Prof. Lily when I left.”

Masako nodded, patting Ledian’s head as he perched on her shoulder. “I think I’ve heard of her. She’s into the origin stories of Pokémon and stuff.”

“I guess, never really knew her. Zephyr city is one of the northern most cities in the region.”

“Excuse me,” a shy voice said form behind them. Masako turned around, seeing two trainers standing there. One looked flustered, the younger boy of the two. The other stood confidently, looking at Masako with a cocky grin.

“Yes?” Masako asked, having a gut feeling for what these guys wanted.

“My brother here wants to battle you,” the boy stated. “You are Masako Hanabi right?”

“Yeah I am.”

The older boy’s grin grew. “Let’s get started. I’m going to end your winning streak right here right now.”

Masako grinned. “I’d like to see you try.”

“There’s just one problem,” Wyatt said.

“And what’s that?” the confident boy asked.

“The ferry doesn’t allow battles, it causes damage and could endanger other passengers,” Wyatt stated, wagging his finger at the challenger.

“Then once we get to a safe place on shore we’ll battle,” Masako said with a nod, willing to wait if it meant keeping the passengers safe. “What’s your name anyway?”

“Sam. This squirt is Carter,” the older boy stated. “My mom made me take him along with me so he can get his first Pokémon. I figure I’d show him the ropes a bit, though he knows he can never surpass me.”

“That depends if you give him a chance,” Masako stated. She looked over her shoulder. “Looks like we’re reaching port. Wyatt would you mind finding us a place to battle?”

“Not a problem. I already have a place in mind.”

Masako looked around the location. It was a rocky beach, not too far from the port, with a large rocky cliff to one side and the ocean to the other. The rocks don’t look that bad, but we should be careful. She looked at Sam. “This’ll be a one-on-one battle.”

“Whatever,” Sam said, taking a PokéBall off of his belt. “You’ll wipe the beach with you. Let’s go, Hexlyn!” He whipped the ball out into the sand. The orb burst opened in a flash of blue light, a purple cat appearing on the beach.

Masako smiled, looking at her partner. “Ready for our first battle in Elvawyn?”

“Ledi,” Ledian said with a nodded, flying out into the battlefield.

“Ladies first,” Sam stated. He looked towards his brother. “Watch closely! You might learn something!” Carter nodded, saying nothing as he sat on one of the rocks.

Masako smirked, turning her cap around. “Ledian, let’s start with Agility.” Ledian nodded, beat his wings rapidly and started darting around the field.

Carter blinked. “He’s fast.”

“Masako and Ledian are obviously experienced,” Wyatt stated, watching the field closely. “Most trainers would start on the offensive.” Carter nodded, paying closer attention.

“Hexlyn, get in there with Quick Attack!”

“Hex!” The purple cat darted forward, his ears flat.

“Swift, Ledian!”

“Ledi~~!” He stopped and started spinning in place, stars shooting out in several directions.

Hexlyn froze, crying in pain as the stars rained down on him. “Try Shadow Ball!” Sam called out. The cat Pokémon shook his head, glaring up at the bug Pokémon as he fired off a ball of dark energy.

“Light Screen,” Masako instructed. Ledian smirked as the Shadow Ball dispersed around the force-field.

Sam gritted his teeth. <i>We have to get in close. As long as that damn bug is in the air we she has the advantage. </i> “Hexlyn, on the cliff!”

“Hexlyn!” The cat took off, hopping onto the small ledges, slowly making his way up.

Masako watched closely, blinking as small bits of rock fell. “Sam! Call Hexlyn down!” she shouted across the beach.

“And let you win? I don’t think so!” Sam shouted back. “Hexlyn, just a little higher!”

Wyatt looked at the cliff. “Carter, let’s move.”

“O-Ok…”

“Seriously Sam!” Masako shouted.

“Screw you! We’re winning this!”

Masako gritted her teeth, larger rocks falling as Hexlyn leapt from ledge to ledge. “Ledian, get in there! Be careful!”

“Ledian!” he said, nodding as he sped towards the cliff.

Hexlyn jumped onto another ledge, his hind paw slipping. “Hexlyn!” he cried out, falling. The rock dislocated from the cliff, several others above it falling down with it. Hexlyn twisted his body around, getting ready to land on his feet. “He-” he gasped as a rock hit him on the head.

Ledian frowned as he darted between the falling rocks, scanning them for the purple cat. He picked up his speed when he spotted the Pokémon. He swiftly grabbed him with his hands, taking him above the falling rocks. Masako stayed to the side until the rocks settled.

“This match is a draw!” Wyatt called out as he ran over to Ledian and Masako as the bug Pokémon gently landed in the sand.

“No! Hexlyn can still fight!” Sam shouted.

“Shut up!” Masako shouted as she looked over the cat. “Your Pokémon has been knocked out! Show a bit more respect will you?!” She looked through her bag, taking out a potion. “This should bring the swelling down.” She sprayed the solution onto the cat’s head and gently wrapped it in a bandage. “You should get him to a Pokémon Center.”

“He’ll be fine,” Sam snorted. “A little rest in his PokéBall should have him going in no time.”

“Sam…” Carter muttered. “I really think Hexlyn needs help from Nurse Hope.”

“Shut up Carter, I know what I’m doing.” He took a PokéBall off his belt. “Hexlyn, return.” Masako glared at the boy as the red beam from the ball hit her, having covered the Pokémon. “Get out of my way!”

“No! you don’t know what you’re doing!” Masako shouted. “He needs help! And if you don’t get it for him I <i>will</i> call the league on you for neglect!”

“You’re bluffing.”

“Try me,” Masako muttered, narrowing her brown eyes.

“Sam…Maybe you should listen to her…”

“Shut the hell up Carter!”

Carter looked down at the ground, shuffling his feet in the sand. Masako stood up, holding the cat in her hair. “If you won’t get him the proper care I will!” She took off towards the port, having seen the path that led to the closest town. Ledian wasn’t that far behind her.

“Masako!” Wyatt called after her. “Wait up!” Masako ran up the cemented path that lead up the cliff-side. She watched her step, stumbling only a few times. She panted as she reached the top of it. She looked around, trying to find any indicator of where a Pokémon Center would be. “This way,” Wyatt said as he ran past her. She nodded, following after him. She didn’t know how long they were running before they reached the small cottage-like building.

“Hello, how can I-” the blonde haired nurse asked as they charged in the door.

“Help this Pokémon!” Masako said, gently putting the still unconscious Pokémon on the counter.

The nurse’s eyes widened as she nodded. “Clerzenia!” she called.

“Cler,” the Pokémon said with a nod, wheeling over a cart. Nurse Hope gently picked up the cat, placing it on the cart.

“Give me back my Hexlyn!” Sam demanded as he burst through the doors.

“Sam! Hexlyn needs help! Masako was getting it for him!” Carter pleaded.

“I don’t give a shit!” Sam grabbed the neck of Masako’s shirt, pulling her in close to his face. “Give me back my Hexlyn!”

“Ledi!” Ledian shouted in frustration, punching Sam in the face with his white fist. Wyatt and Carter looked at the floor as Sam hit it, their eyes wide. The other trainers in the room looked in their direction, the building getting eerily silent.

Sam held his red, slowly swelling cheek. “He…He punched me…I’ll call the league on you Masako!”

“I’d like to see you try, Ledian only hurts people when I’m in danger,” she said, straightening out her shirt. She looked at her partner. “I understand your frustration, Ledian, but he really wasn’t worth it.” Ledian silently nodded, perching himself on his trainer’s shoulder. Masako headed over to the lobby and took a seat by one of the windows. She looked through her bag and pulled out a Sitrus berry. Ledian smiled, taking it in his upper set of hands as he started to munch.

“Shouldn’t we get going to Hillside town?” Wyatt asked as he walked over.

“We’ll go when I know Hexlyn’s alright.”

“You really care about Pokémon don’t you?”

“I get it from my mom. She taught me that Pokémon are our partners, not tools.”

Wyatt nodded. “I agree with her.”

Hours passed, the sun began to set over the horizon. Carter paced outside the Pokémon Center, bored. At this rate he wouldn’t get to Hillside town, but he wasn’t in a rush. He blinked, lifting his head as he heard something coming not too far off in the distance. He walked the rear of the building, blinking as he saw a blur of red rotating around a disk.

“Perfect Ledian!” Masako praised, pride in her voice. “You’re speed is amazing as always. Now, send the disk back with a Mach Punch.” Carter watched with awe as the red blur slowed to a stop, Ledian then wound up a punch, hitting the white disk. Masako spun around, gracefully grabbing the disk. She stashed the disk in her bag as Ledian darted over. “That’s enough for today, we should get something to eat and get to bed.” Ledian nodded, perching himself on his trainer’s shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hexlyn: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...xlyn-156643454
    Clerzenia: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...enia-198882137

Umbreongal is posting stories again? Man, how long have I been gone =O_o=
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Registered Users Regular

Quote Originally Posted by UmbreonGal View Post
    Chapter One: A Journey’s Beginning

The clouds rolled around the air ship. The massive metal body hulled its cargo through the sky, the propellers rotating with all their might. She smiled as her Premier Ball glistened in the sunlight as she pulled away the sleeve of her light sweater. She shrunk it down, putting it back on the clasp that hung from the silver chain around her neck. She brushed her jet black bangs that escaped the hold of her red hat behind her ear as she looked out the window.

“Excuse me,” a voice said politely.

“Yes?” She looked at the young man with slightly tanned skin and light brown eyes. He had blue hair, with a slight green tint to it.

He smiled sheepishly. “Mind if I sit with you?”

She raised an eye brow. “Weren’t you riding first class?”

“Yeah, but it’s all stuffy with business men and crap. So do you mind? Your seat is free.”

“Fine.”

“Thanks.” He sat down in the seat, adjusting his scarf. “I’m Wyatt, Wyatt Neilson.”

“Masako Hanabi.”

“Oh so you’re from Kanto or something?”

“My parents were, I’m from an island called Laletria.”

“Oh you’re that Masako Hanabi, the high ranking trainer of several leagues and a few Grande Festivals too.”

“Yep.”

“What brings you to Elvawyn?”

“Isn’t it obvious? A new journey, plus a long distant friend of mine suggested I come here. Why are you going?”

“I’m from Elvawyn, Zephyr City actually. I was on a journey for a few years and my dad wants me to come home. Dads ya know?”

“Not really, mine left.”

“Oh…”

Masako shrugged, twisting her body to look out the window. She blinked. “We’re descending.”

“Yeah, the water’s too shallow so we land at one of the port islands and take a ferry to the peninsula.”

“Crap…I thought that this air ship went to Hillside town’s port.”

“Hillside town doesn’t really have one. Only small fishing boats are allowed to port there. Besides the ferries of course.” Wyatt looked at the teen’s face, seeing worry. “Would you like me to guide you? I know this region like the back of my hand.” Masako nodded. Wyatt smiled. “It’ll be alright.”

The air ship soon touched that water, slowing to a stop as it reached the port. Masako wobbled a bit as she hopped out of the vehicle. She stretched, taking in the sunshine and the salty air. The atmosphere reminded her of home a bit. She didn’t miss it though, having been home for nearly a year before she had set out on this journey. She picked up her bag from the claim area, slinging the red backpack over her shoulder.

“You’ll have to go through the check,” Wyatt stated as he met up with her.

“Why’s that?”

“Elvawyn is very sensitive about letting foreign Pokémon in since it could disrupt the native habitats.”

“That kinda makes sense, but if I have to go without Ledian…”

“Ledian?”

“He’s my partner,” Masako said, pointing to the shrunken down Premier Ball on her necklace. “Caught him on the first day of my journey when I was ten. Haven’t been apart since.”

Wyatt nodded, being able to relate. He lead Masako to the check, she was relieved when her Ledian got the “all clear” to enter the region. They boarded one of the ferries, Ledian hovering beside his trainer as they looked ahead. It wasn’t until about fifteen minutes into the ride before the cliff-sides started coming over the horizon. Wyatt smiled, pointing towards the cliffs. “We’ll have to hike up those and walk a few miles until we reach Hillside town.”

“Why is it called Hillside when it’s along cliffs?”

“Elvawyn used to be larger, but some of the land broke away, forming the cliffs. Hillside town is surrounded by large hills and stuff like that.”

Masako nodded. “What’s in Hillside? My friend didn’t really say much.”

“Well there’s a Pokémon lab, several farms and ranches. Not much since the gym leader there went on hiatus.”

“Who’s the professor at the lab?”

“Don’t really know actually, it was Prof. Lily when I left.”

Masako nodded, patting Ledian’s head as he perched on her shoulder. “I think I’ve heard of her. She’s into the origin stories of Pokémon and stuff.”

“I guess, never really knew her. Zephyr city is one of the northern most cities in the region.”

“Excuse me,” a shy voice said form behind them. Masako turned around, seeing two trainers standing there. One looked flustered, the younger boy of the two. The other stood confidently, looking at Masako with a cocky grin.

“Yes?” Masako asked, having a gut feeling for what these guys wanted.

“My brother here wants to battle you,” the boy stated. “You are Masako Hanabi right?”

“Yeah I am.”

The older boy’s grin grew. “Let’s get started. I’m going to end your winning streak right here right now.”

Masako grinned. “I’d like to see you try.”

“There’s just one problem,” Wyatt said.

“And what’s that?” the confident boy asked.

“The ferry doesn’t allow battles, it causes damage and could endanger other passengers,” Wyatt stated, wagging his finger at the challenger.

“Then once we get to a safe place on shore we’ll battle,” Masako said with a nod, willing to wait if it meant keeping the passengers safe. “What’s your name anyway?”

“Sam. This squirt is Carter,” the older boy stated. “My mom made me take him along with me so he can get his first Pokémon. I figure I’d show him the ropes a bit, though he knows he can never surpass me.”

“That depends if you give him a chance,” Masako stated. She looked over her shoulder. “Looks like we’re reaching port. Wyatt would you mind finding us a place to battle?”

“Not a problem. I already have a place in mind.”

Masako looked around the location. It was a rocky beach, not too far from the port, with a large rocky cliff to one side and the ocean to the other. The rocks don’t look that bad, but we should be careful. She looked at Sam. “This’ll be a one-on-one battle.”

“Whatever,” Sam said, taking a PokéBall off of his belt. “You’ll wipe the beach with you. Let’s go, Hexlyn!” He whipped the ball out into the sand. The orb burst opened in a flash of blue light, a purple cat appearing on the beach.

Masako smiled, looking at her partner. “Ready for our first battle in Elvawyn?”

“Ledi,” Ledian said with a nodded, flying out into the battlefield.

“Ladies first,” Sam stated. He looked towards his brother. “Watch closely! You might learn something!” Carter nodded, saying nothing as he sat on one of the rocks.

Masako smirked, turning her cap around. “Ledian, let’s start with Agility.” Ledian nodded, beat his wings rapidly and started darting around the field.

Carter blinked. “He’s fast.”

“Masako and Ledian are obviously experienced,” Wyatt stated, watching the field closely. “Most trainers would start on the offensive.” Carter nodded, paying closer attention.

“Hexlyn, get in there with Quick Attack!”

“Hex!” The purple cat darted forward, his ears flat.

“Swift, Ledian!”

“Ledi~~!” He stopped and started spinning in place, stars shooting out in several directions.

Hexlyn froze, crying in pain as the stars rained down on him. “Try Shadow Ball!” Sam called out. The cat Pokémon shook his head, glaring up at the bug Pokémon as he fired off a ball of dark energy.

“Light Screen,” Masako instructed. Ledian smirked as the Shadow Ball dispersed around the force-field.

Sam gritted his teeth. <i>We have to get in close. As long as that damn bug is in the air we she has the advantage. </i> “Hexlyn, on the cliff!”

“Hexlyn!” The cat took off, hopping onto the small ledges, slowly making his way up.

Masako watched closely, blinking as small bits of rock fell. “Sam! Call Hexlyn down!” she shouted across the beach.

“And let you win? I don’t think so!” Sam shouted back. “Hexlyn, just a little higher!”

Wyatt looked at the cliff. “Carter, let’s move.”

“O-Ok…”

“Seriously Sam!” Masako shouted.

“Screw you! We’re winning this!”

Masako gritted her teeth, larger rocks falling as Hexlyn leapt from ledge to ledge. “Ledian, get in there! Be careful!”

“Ledian!” he said, nodding as he sped towards the cliff.

Hexlyn jumped onto another ledge, his hind paw slipping. “Hexlyn!” he cried out, falling. The rock dislocated from the cliff, several others above it falling down with it. Hexlyn twisted his body around, getting ready to land on his feet. “He-” he gasped as a rock hit him on the head.

Ledian frowned as he darted between the falling rocks, scanning them for the purple cat. He picked up his speed when he spotted the Pokémon. He swiftly grabbed him with his hands, taking him above the falling rocks. Masako stayed to the side until the rocks settled.

“This match is a draw!” Wyatt called out as he ran over to Ledian and Masako as the bug Pokémon gently landed in the sand.

“No! Hexlyn can still fight!” Sam shouted.

“Shut up!” Masako shouted as she looked over the cat. “Your Pokémon has been knocked out! Show a bit more respect will you?!” She looked through her bag, taking out a potion. “This should bring the swelling down.” She sprayed the solution onto the cat’s head and gently wrapped it in a bandage. “You should get him to a Pokémon Center.”

“He’ll be fine,” Sam snorted. “A little rest in his PokéBall should have him going in no time.”

“Sam…” Carter muttered. “I really think Hexlyn needs help from Nurse Hope.”

“Shut up Carter, I know what I’m doing.” He took a PokéBall off his belt. “Hexlyn, return.” Masako glared at the boy as the red beam from the ball hit her, having covered the Pokémon. “Get out of my way!”

“No! you don’t know what you’re doing!” Masako shouted. “He needs help! And if you don’t get it for him I <i>will</i> call the league on you for neglect!”

“You’re bluffing.”

“Try me,” Masako muttered, narrowing her brown eyes.

“Sam…Maybe you should listen to her…”

“Shut the hell up Carter!”

Carter looked down at the ground, shuffling his feet in the sand. Masako stood up, holding the cat in her hair. “If you won’t get him the proper care I will!” She took off towards the port, having seen the path that led to the closest town. Ledian wasn’t that far behind her.

“Masako!” Wyatt called after her. “Wait up!” Masako ran up the cemented path that lead up the cliff-side. She watched her step, stumbling only a few times. She panted as she reached the top of it. She looked around, trying to find any indicator of where a Pokémon Center would be. “This way,” Wyatt said as he ran past her. She nodded, following after him. She didn’t know how long they were running before they reached the small cottage-like building.

“Hello, how can I-” the blonde haired nurse asked as they charged in the door.

“Help this Pokémon!” Masako said, gently putting the still unconscious Pokémon on the counter.

The nurse’s eyes widened as she nodded. “Clerzenia!” she called.

“Cler,” the Pokémon said with a nod, wheeling over a cart. Nurse Hope gently picked up the cat, placing it on the cart.

“Give me back my Hexlyn!” Sam demanded as he burst through the doors.

“Sam! Hexlyn needs help! Masako was getting it for him!” Carter pleaded.

“I don’t give a shit!” Sam grabbed the neck of Masako’s shirt, pulling her in close to his face. “Give me back my Hexlyn!”

“Ledi!” Ledian shouted in frustration, punching Sam in the face with his white fist. Wyatt and Carter looked at the floor as Sam hit it, their eyes wide. The other trainers in the room looked in their direction, the building getting eerily silent.

Sam held his red, slowly swelling cheek. “He…He punched me…I’ll call the league on you Masako!”

“I’d like to see you try, Ledian only hurts people when I’m in danger,” she said, straightening out her shirt. She looked at her partner. “I understand your frustration, Ledian, but he really wasn’t worth it.” Ledian silently nodded, perching himself on his trainer’s shoulder. Masako headed over to the lobby and took a seat by one of the windows. She looked through her bag and pulled out a Sitrus berry. Ledian smiled, taking it in his upper set of hands as he started to munch.

“Shouldn’t we get going to Hillside town?” Wyatt asked as he walked over.

“We’ll go when I know Hexlyn’s alright.”

“You really care about Pokémon don’t you?”

“I get it from my mom. She taught me that Pokémon are our partners, not tools.”

Wyatt nodded. “I agree with her.”

Hours passed, the sun began to set over the horizon. Carter paced outside the Pokémon Center, bored. At this rate he wouldn’t get to Hillside town, but he wasn’t in a rush. He blinked, lifting his head as he heard something coming not too far off in the distance. He walked the rear of the building, blinking as he saw a blur of red rotating around a disk.

“Perfect Ledian!” Masako praised, pride in her voice. “You’re speed is amazing as always. Now, send the disk back with a Mach Punch.” Carter watched with awe as the red blur slowed to a stop, Ledian then wound up a punch, hitting the white disk. Masako spun around, gracefully grabbing the disk. She stashed the disk in her bag as Ledian darted over. “That’s enough for today, we should get something to eat and get to bed.” Ledian nodded, perching himself on his trainer’s shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hexlyn: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...xlyn-156643454
    Clerzenia: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...enia-198882137

Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

really tony you had to qoute the whole thimg?
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm starting to like Tony.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

he;s my buddy.:p XD
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

Chapter Two: A New Troop

“Hexlyn is stable now,” Nurse Hope said cheerfully. “We’ll be keeping him here for a few days though.”

“But I need to get to Hillside town!” Sam shouted. “We were supposed to be there yesterday!”

“Well, I’m sorry that I can’t do any more to help you,” the nurse stated, her tone serious. “Your Hexlyn needs rest and additional observation.”

“But my brother needs me to get him to the lab; he doesn’t have a Pokémon of his own!”

“Um Sam…?”

“What?”

“Maybe…Maybe I can go with somebody else…” the smaller boy muttered. “I’m sure somebody around here is heading that way, it is the closest town.”

“Oh, Masako,” the nurse gently called as the trainer walked by. “Ledian’s all rested up and ready to go.”

Masako smiled as she picked up her Premier Ball off the tray. She pressed the button and let her partner out, pressing it again to shrink the ball down and put it on her necklace. “Thanks Nurse Hope,” she said, bowing.

“Why’d Nurse Hope have to treat Ledian?” Carter asked.

“Get your ass beat or something?” Sam questioned with a sneer.

“Nope, I just prefer Ledian to be prepared for the other leg of our trip to Hillside town.” Masako smiled as Ledian perched in his usual spot, patting his head. She turned. “Hey Wyatt, ready to go?”

“Yep,” he said with a grin, “I just got some more supplies so we’re good to go.”

“Awesome, let’s get going.” Wyatt nodded, heading towards the door with her.

Carter looked at his brother, then at the door as the duo left. He clenched his fists and ran towards the door. “Carter,” Sam shouted after him. “Where the hell are you going?”

“Masako! Wyatt!” Carter cried out as he sprinted down the path.

The two stopped, turning around to look at the trainer. “What’s up?” Wyatt asked.

“I want to join you!” Carter blurted, his eyes wide. He could feel his cheeks turning a bright red as the two looked at him. “I want to travel with you Masako!”

“Um…Sure…?” Masako said. “I’ve never really traveled in a group before.”

“I promise I won’t be a burden!”

Masako smiled at him. “Don’t worry. I have siblings of my own. You won’t be a burden in the slightest.”

Carter’s eyes lit up, a smile spreading across his face. “So I can join you?”

“I don’t see why not,” Wyatt said. “But don’t be surprised if I split off after we’re done in Hillside. I’ve got to get home to Zephyr city soon.”

“I’m cool with it,” Masako said. “Come on, we’ve got some ground to cover by the time noon rolls around.” Carter nodded eagerly and joined the group as they started down the path once again. After stopping for lunch, the group soon arrived in Hillside town. Several white homes were spread out across the rolling, green hills. Masako and Ledian looked around them as they passed through. “Who’s that Pokémon?” she questioned, pointing at a flock of blue, sheep-like Pokémon.

“Those are Baable and Sheefoam,” Carter said. “Their wool is the main export of Hillside.” Masako nodded.

“It’s about another ten minutes until we reach the lab,” Wyatt stated. “You called your friend this morning right, Masako?”

“Yeah, she said she’d meet up with us when we reach Hillside.”

“Is that her?” Carter asked, gesturing towards a figure that was running towards them.

“Masako!” the person called, running up. She smiled, her low pig-tails bouncing. “Sorry I’m late, I was working on a poster design for a contest,” she said, pushing her glasses up her nose.

“It’s alright Becky, you made it.”

“I’m so glad you made it, Masako. Elvawyn is such a cool region. You’re going to love the league.”

“I know I will, I’m so freaking pumped for it! New Pokémon and new trainers!”

Becky smiled. “Come on I’ll race you to the lab!”

Masako smiled and took off alongside Becky. Wyatt smiled and took off after them.

“Hey! Wait up!” Carter shouted after them, sprinting to catch up.

“Here we are,” Becky panted, bending over to catch her breath. “The lab.”

“Cool,” Masako said.

“I can finally get my first Pokémon,” Carter muttered as they all walked into the building.

“Professor! I brought my friend!” Becky called into the building.

“Oh, hello Becky,” a young woman said, stepping out from a room, a hand on her rounded stomach. Her short brown hair was clipped back, keeping it out of her golden eyes.

“You’re here today Sora?”

“Yeah, Professor Lily went to a conference in Sunnyton. But Brad and I can help you.” Sora smiled at them. “Come with me.” She led them to the back room. “You must be Carter, I’m glad you finally made it. Where’s your brother?”

“He stayed in Portside, his Hexlyn got injured in a battle and he needed to stay at the Pokémon Center.”

Sora nodded. “Ready to meet your future partner?” Carter nodded. She smiled, picking up a PokéBall off of the tray. She let the Pokémon that it contained out. “This is Pandroot, a grass type.”

“Pandroot,” the green cub muttered, twirling his bamboo shaft in his claws.

“Cool,” Masako said. “It reminds me of a Farfetch’d with its stick.”

Sora took the next ball off of the tray. “This is Chiber, a fire type,” she stated as a small, round bird appeared on the floor. She ruffled her feathers, a flame starting from her rear feather.

“Cool,” Carter said.

“And this one,” Sora said, letting out the final Pokémon, “Is Aquit, a water type.”

“Aquit,” he yipped, shaking out his fur as he sat down to scratch his giant ears. His two tails waving in the air.

Masako smiled, as did Ledian, as she looked at the trio before her. “Which one are you going to choose Carter?”

“Um…” he muttered looking over the group. “I think….I want Pandroot.” He looked at Sora with a confident smile. Sora nodded, returning the other Pokémon to their balls before gathering the supplies Carter would need. Carter looked at Pandroot. “Hi, I’m Carter. I hope you and I have fun on our journey.”

Pandroot looked at the boy with half open eyes. He snorted and turned his head away. “Pan…”

“Eh…”

“Pandroot is stubborn,” Sora said as she handed Carter a box of five PokéBalls and a PokéDex. “But he should warm up to soon. Here’s his ball.”

Carter nodded and got up. “Welcome to the group Pandroot,” he said as he recalled the cub Pokémon. He looked at Masako and Wyatt; they each gave him a thumbs up. He smiled, looking at the PokéBall that held his partner.

“Masako, I have something for you too,” Sora said as a man came up to her. Masako figured that it was Brad. Sora took a box from her male counterpart. “Here you go.”

Masako nodded, opening the box. “Cool five new PokéBalls and a PokéDex.”

“It looks like mine,” Carter stated. “How will we tell them apart?”

“You can buy skins for them at the markets,” Brad explained. “Some trainers even buy stickers to put on them.”

Masako nodded, putting her PokéDex on her belt, using the clip. "Thanks a lot.” She bowed to the couple.

Brad smiled. “It’s no problem, we’re happy to help.”

Masako bowed to the married couple as the boys thanked them. The trio walked outside with Becky, stopping about a mile away from the lab.

“So Masako what gym will you go to first?”

“I was going hoping to go to the one here.”

“That one’s closed for the time being,” Wyatt stated. “There’s one in Kitsvalley City.” He pulled out his navigator. “It’s about fifty miles to the south-east, it’ll take us nearly a week to get there by foot without any distractions.”

“Aren’t you heading back home Wyatt?” Carter questioned.

“I decided to stay with you guys,” Wyatt said, putting his navigator away. “I’m not really in any rush to get home. Plus you guys might get lost. Come on let’s get going.”

“Good luck you guys!” Becky shouted after them as they left the town.

“Thanks!” they all shouted back, waving.

“I’ll be cheering you on!” Becky lowered her arms, done waving to them as they vanished over the hills.

Carter smiled as he looked up at Masako and Wyatt, wondering what adventures they would have on their journey together. He was eager to see Masako in battle against somebody other than his brother.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pandroot: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...root-113947046
    Chiber: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...iber-199361291
    Aquit: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...quit-191152468
    Baable: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...bble-199838466
    I haven't finished Sheefoam's art yet. >.>

Registered Users Regular

Quote Originally Posted by UmbreonGal View Post
    Chapter Two: A New Troop

“Hexlyn is stable now,” Nurse Hope said cheerfully. “We’ll be keeping him here for a few days though.”

“But I need to get to Hillside town!” Sam shouted. “We were supposed to be there yesterday!”

“Well, I’m sorry that I can’t do any more to help you,” the nurse stated, her tone serious. “Your Hexlyn needs rest and additional observation.”

“But my brother needs me to get him to the lab; he doesn’t have a Pokémon of his own!”

“Um Sam…?”

“What?”

“Maybe…Maybe I can go with somebody else…” the smaller boy muttered. “I’m sure somebody around here is heading that way, it is the closest town.”

“Oh, Masako,” the nurse gently called as the trainer walked by. “Ledian’s all rested up and ready to go.”

Masako smiled as she picked up her Premier Ball off the tray. She pressed the button and let her partner out, pressing it again to shrink the ball down and put it on her necklace. “Thanks Nurse Hope,” she said, bowing.

“Why’d Nurse Hope have to treat Ledian?” Carter asked.

“Get your ass beat or something?” Sam questioned with a sneer.

“Nope, I just prefer Ledian to be prepared for the other leg of our trip to Hillside town.” Masako smiled as Ledian perched in his usual spot, patting his head. She turned. “Hey Wyatt, ready to go?”

“Yep,” he said with a grin, “I just got some more supplies so we’re good to go.”

“Awesome, let’s get going.” Wyatt nodded, heading towards the door with her.

Carter looked at his brother, then at the door as the duo left. He clenched his fists and ran towards the door. “Carter,” Sam shouted after him. “Where the hell are you going?”

“Masako! Wyatt!” Carter cried out as he sprinted down the path.

The two stopped, turning around to look at the trainer. “What’s up?” Wyatt asked.

“I want to join you!” Carter blurted, his eyes wide. He could feel his cheeks turning a bright red as the two looked at him. “I want to travel with you Masako!”

“Um…Sure…?” Masako said. “I’ve never really traveled in a group before.”

“I promise I won’t be a burden!”

Masako smiled at him. “Don’t worry. I have siblings of my own. You won’t be a burden in the slightest.”

Carter’s eyes lit up, a smile spreading across his face. “So I can join you?”

“I don’t see why not,” Wyatt said. “But don’t be surprised if I split off after we’re done in Hillside. I’ve got to get home to Zephyr city soon.”

“I’m cool with it,” Masako said. “Come on, we’ve got some ground to cover by the time noon rolls around.” Carter nodded eagerly and joined the group as they started down the path once again. After stopping for lunch, the group soon arrived in Hillside town. Several white homes were spread out across the rolling, green hills. Masako and Ledian looked around them as they passed through. “Who’s that Pokémon?” she questioned, pointing at a flock of blue, sheep-like Pokémon.

“Those are Baable and Sheefoam,” Carter said. “Their wool is the main export of Hillside.” Masako nodded.

“It’s about another ten minutes until we reach the lab,” Wyatt stated. “You called your friend this morning right, Masako?”

“Yeah, she said she’d meet up with us when we reach Hillside.”

“Is that her?” Carter asked, gesturing towards a figure that was running towards them.

“Masako!” the person called, running up. She smiled, her low pig-tails bouncing. “Sorry I’m late, I was working on a poster design for a contest,” she said, pushing her glasses up her nose.

“It’s alright Becky, you made it.”

“I’m so glad you made it, Masako. Elvawyn is such a cool region. You’re going to love the league.”

“I know I will, I’m so freaking pumped for it! New Pokémon and new trainers!”

Becky smiled. “Come on I’ll race you to the lab!”

Masako smiled and took off alongside Becky. Wyatt smiled and took off after them.

“Hey! Wait up!” Carter shouted after them, sprinting to catch up.

“Here we are,” Becky panted, bending over to catch her breath. “The lab.”

“Cool,” Masako said.

“I can finally get my first Pokémon,” Carter muttered as they all walked into the building.

“Professor! I brought my friend!” Becky called into the building.

“Oh, hello Becky,” a young woman said, stepping out from a room, a hand on her rounded stomach. Her short brown hair was clipped back, keeping it out of her golden eyes.

“You’re here today Sora?”

“Yeah, Professor Lily went to a conference in Sunnyton. But Brad and I can help you.” Sora smiled at them. “Come with me.” She led them to the back room. “You must be Carter, I’m glad you finally made it. Where’s your brother?”

“He stayed in Portside, his Hexlyn got injured in a battle and he needed to stay at the Pokémon Center.”

Sora nodded. “Ready to meet your future partner?” Carter nodded. She smiled, picking up a PokéBall off of the tray. She let the Pokémon that it contained out. “This is Pandroot, a grass type.”

“Pandroot,” the green cub muttered, twirling his bamboo shaft in his claws.

“Cool,” Masako said. “It reminds me of a Farfetch’d with its stick.”

Sora took the next ball off of the tray. “This is Chiber, a fire type,” she stated as a small, round bird appeared on the floor. She ruffled her feathers, a flame starting from her rear feather.

“Cool,” Carter said.

“And this one,” Sora said, letting out the final Pokémon, “Is Aquit, a water type.”

“Aquit,” he yipped, shaking out his fur as he sat down to scratch his giant ears. His two tails waving in the air.

Masako smiled, as did Ledian, as she looked at the trio before her. “Which one are you going to choose Carter?”

“Um…” he muttered looking over the group. “I think….I want Pandroot.” He looked at Sora with a confident smile. Sora nodded, returning the other Pokémon to their balls before gathering the supplies Carter would need. Carter looked at Pandroot. “Hi, I’m Carter. I hope you and I have fun on our journey.”

Pandroot looked at the boy with half open eyes. He snorted and turned his head away. “Pan…”

“Eh…”

“Pandroot is stubborn,” Sora said as she handed Carter a box of five PokéBalls and a PokéDex. “But he should warm up to soon. Here’s his ball.”

Carter nodded and got up. “Welcome to the group Pandroot,” he said as he recalled the cub Pokémon. He looked at Masako and Wyatt; they each gave him a thumbs up. He smiled, looking at the PokéBall that held his partner.

“Masako, I have something for you too,” Sora said as a man came up to her. Masako figured that it was Brad. Sora took a box from her male counterpart. “Here you go.”

Masako nodded, opening the box. “Cool five new PokéBalls and a PokéDex.”

“It looks like mine,” Carter stated. “How will we tell them apart?”

“You can buy skins for them at the markets,” Brad explained. “Some trainers even buy stickers to put on them.”

Masako nodded, putting her PokéDex on her belt, using the clip. "Thanks a lot.” She bowed to the couple.

Brad smiled. “It’s no problem, we’re happy to help.”

Masako bowed to the married couple as the boys thanked them. The trio walked outside with Becky, stopping about a mile away from the lab.

“So Masako what gym will you go to first?”

“I was going hoping to go to the one here.”

“That one’s closed for the time being,” Wyatt stated. “There’s one in Kitsvalley City.” He pulled out his navigator. “It’s about fifty miles to the south-east, it’ll take us nearly a week to get there by foot without any distractions.”

“Aren’t you heading back home Wyatt?” Carter questioned.

“I decided to stay with you guys,” Wyatt said, putting his navigator away. “I’m not really in any rush to get home. Plus you guys might get lost. Come on let’s get going.”

“Good luck you guys!” Becky shouted after them as they left the town.

“Thanks!” they all shouted back, waving.

“I’ll be cheering you on!” Becky lowered her arms, done waving to them as they vanished over the hills.

Carter smiled as he looked up at Masako and Wyatt, wondering what adventures they would have on their journey together. He was eager to see Masako in battle against somebody other than his brother.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pandroot: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...root-113947046
    Chiber: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...iber-199361291
    Aquit: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...quit-191152468
    Baable: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/art...bble-199838466
    I haven't finished Sheefoam's art yet. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

If Umbreongal's back this means I need to actually do one of my world famous reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    If Umbreongal's back this means I need to actually do one of my world famous reviews.
    Bring it on. (:<

Chapter Three: Turf Wars!

Masako yawned as she stretched, sitting up in her sleeping bag. She scratched her head and reached for her brush, starting to sort out her long, black hair into a ponytail. Ledian yawned, sitting up from his bundle of blankets. He stretched and buzzed his wings, warming up for the day. Masako put on her clothes, changing out of her sleepwear before stepping out of her tent. She stretched again as she looked around the campsite. The boys were still asleep for all she knew. She looked at Ledian, who was hovering beside her. “Let’s get started on breakfast.”

“Ledi,” the lady bug said, nodding in agreement.

Masako walked toward the center of the campsite, gathering up some firewood to get the fire pit going once more. It didn’t take long since the coals from the previous night were still warm. Ledian carried over the supply bag, having retrieved it from a tree. Masako patted his head in thanks and started to pull out the ingredients for their meal.

“What smells so good…?” Carter muttered as he sat up, rubbing his eye.

“Food…” Wyatt muttered back from his sleeping bag.

Carter yawned, nodding. He ran his fingers through his brown hair, slightly combing it. He grabbed his white T-shirt and pulled it over his head. He slipped out of his green sleeping bag, standing up to put on his black pants that ended just below his knees. He bent over, tightening the straps at the end of each leg. He sat down and pulled on his socks and brown gloves. He grabbed his white hat, then his green jacket. He crawled towards the entrance to the tent, grabbing his boots and pulling them on. He then picked up his belt and stepped out of the tent, putting it on his waist. “Morning Masako, Ledian.”

Masako looked over her shoulder. “Morning Carter. Where’s Pandroot?”

“Still in his ball.”

“Was he in there all night?”

“Yeah. Is that bad?”

“Well I figured since you just got him two days ago he should be out more. You have to get to know him after all.” She turned her attention back to the fluffy pancakes. “Breakfast will be ready soon so you should let him out.”

Carter nodded and took the single ball off of his belt. “Come on out Pandroot,” he said, gently tossing it up into the air. The ball popped open in a flash of blue light, the cub appearing on the ground. Carter knelt down next to the Pokémon. “Morning Pandroot.”

Pandroot stared at his trainer with dull, uninterested eyes before turning his head away. “Pandroot.”

“Eh…I hope you’re hungry, Masako made a fresh batch of Pokémon food last night.” Pandroot walked away, sitting down by the trees. Carter sighed.

“It’ll take time for Pandroot to get used to you,” Wyatt stated, coming out of the boys’ tent. “Not all Pokémon take quickly to their trainers.”

“Really?”

Wyatt nodded. “Pokémon are just like people in some ways, some make friends faster than others and each has their own talents.”

“What was your first Pokémon like?” Carter questioned.

“Really feisty, she still is too. Speaking of which...” Wyatt took a Friend Ball, along with a two other PokéBalls, off his belt and tossed it in the air. An Athenow appeared in the air in a burst of blue light from the Friend Ball. A Froslass and Weavile appeared from the other two balls.

“Hoo, hoo,” Athenow cooed as she landed on the ground next to her trainer, rubbing up against his leg.

Wyatt smiled, petting his partner. “Athena and I had our fair share of conflicts when I was younger.”

“What about you Masako?”

“Ledian and I have always gotten along,” Masako said.

“Really?”

“Yep, I saved him from a flock of territorial Spearow on my first day as a trainer. I guess I proved myself worthy of his trust.”

“Ledi ledi,” Ledian said cheerfully, nodding as he recalled the day he met his trainer.

Pandroot’s ears twitched as the nearby brush rustled with movement. He cracked open an eye, looking to one side to see where the sound was coming from. Masako smiled and served up the pancakes, then pulled out the Pokémon food. Pandroot got up and headed to his bowl of food. He sat down and picked up one of the berries, blinking as a blur bolted from the brush and passed him, snatching the food from his claws. “Pandroot!” he shouted, getting up and going after the culprit.

Carter blinked. “Pandroot! Where are you going?” He stood up and followed his Pokémon into the trees.

“Ledi?” Ledian muttered as a large group of Pokémon appeared out of the trees.

Masako raised an eye brow, taking out her PokéDex. “Hammi, the pet Pokémon. Hammi live in large groups in fields. They tend to make decent pets, but constantly chew on things.” The robotic voice recited.

“That’s odd,” Wyatt said. “We’re in a forest, what are they doing here?” His eyes widened as the group charged forward, taking their food before running back into the trees. “Hey!” Masako stood up and ran into the forest. “Wait for me! I want my breakfast!”

“Pandroot! Pandroot! Where are you?” Carter called. He looked around the trees.

“Hammi…” a small voice said from the ground.

Carter looked at the small Pokémon, kneeling down. “Are you lost little guy?”

“Hammi…” the Pokémon muttered, sniffing the boy’s hand. His ears perked up as he started licking his finger tips.

“Are you hungry?” Carter gathered some leaves, putting them down before the Pokémon. The hamster-like Pokémon sniffed the leaves and looked at Carter. “What? Don’t you eat leaves? I guess we have to find you some food.”

“This is really weird,” Wyatt said as they walked through the trees, seeing several Hammi in the hallows of trees. “These Pokémon aren’t supposed to be here. Hammi can’t eat the plants here.”

“Well that explains why they took our food.” Masako looked around. “Isn’t there a field around here?”

Wyatt took out his navigator. “Yeah, there’s a small clearing not too far from here.”

“Let’s go check it out.”

“Shouldn’t we find Carter?” Wyatt questioned.

“Somebody say my name?” Cater questioned, running over with Hammi in his arms. “Have you guys seen Pandroot anywhere?”

“No.” Masako blinked as a herd of the rodent Pokémon ran past them, crying out in fear. “But I have a hunch.”

“Pandroot!” the cub bellowed, clawing at a deep hallow under a tree. The surrounded area was damaged. “Pandroot! Pan!” He grunted as he dug into the ground.

“Pandroot stop!” Carter shouted, running over. “You’re ruining their homes!”

“Pandroot!” Pandroot shouted at his trainer, swinging his stick of bamboo and sending leaves flying at them. Ledian darted before the group, using Protect. Pandroot glared at Ledian. He blinked as the Hammi in Carter’s arms ran over to him, looking at him with pleading eyes.

“Pandroot, please stop this,” Masako pleaded. “They’re just as hungry as you are.”

Hammi sniffed the air and took off. “Hammi!” Carter shouted, taking after the rodent.

“Hold up!” Wyatt ran after him, Masako and the others not too far behind. He skid to a stop as he reached a field, Hammi having stopped running. He wobbled as the others smacked into him.

Masako bent over to pick up her hat, since it fell off when they collided. “This must be the field that the navigator showed us.”

Wyatt nodded. “Yeah, it is.”

Carter looked around. “What’s with the purple rats?”

“They’re Rattata,” Masako stated. “They’re a common Pokémon in Kanto and Johto, but I don’t get why there are so many here.”

“They arrive on cargo ships,” Wyatt muttered, “As so most pests. The Hammi were forced out of their homes by these Pokémon and they’re both competing for food.”

“Ratta!” a larger Rattata cried out, tackling Hammi. The rat twitched his whiskers in annoyance.

“Hammi!” the hamster Pokémon shouted back as he returned the tackle.

Carter looked around as he noticed more Rattata gathering around them. Hammi’s too weak to fight all these guys… He thought. Maybe there’s a way to settle this without fighting… He blinked as Masako stepped between Hammi and the gathering Rattata, her arms spread out like she was forming a wall.

“Stop this,” she said firmly. “You guys are similar. Why can’t you just work together and split your food?” She looked at the Rattata. “You guys can eat pretty much anything. So why are you taking the Hammi’s habitat? You can live just as comfortably of the forest.”

The Rattata glared at Masako, and then looked at the Hammi that were cowered behind the bushes. He looked at Masako again, his nose twitching. “Ratta,” he shouted.

“Seems like he wants you to fight,” Carter said.

Rattata jumped at Carter, tackling Hammi out of his arms. “Ratta!”

“Actually it looks like that he wants this Hammi to prove his worth,” Wyatt stated.

“Hammi!” the small rodent squeaked, looking at Carter with determined eyes.

“And it looks like he wants you to guide him.”

“Me?! But…But…I don’t like battling Pokémon!” Carter sputtered.

“What?! Then why did you get a trainer’s license?” Masako questioned.

“Because of my family!” Carter said. “It’s a tradition…Every member goes out on a journey as a trainer, when the last one returns we compete to see who inherits the gym we run.”

“Fine, I’ll help Hammi then,” Masako said. “Ready Hammi?”

“Ham!”

Masako smiled. “Let’s do this! Tackle!” Hammi charged forward, slamming into the Rattata. The purple rat attacked back with a Quick Attack. “Hammi, bite down on his tail!” Hammi nodded, chomping down on the rat’s curled tail as he rushed by. “Now spin him!” Hammi dug his feet into the ground as he prepared to spin. He bit down harder as he began to rotate, picking up speed. Masako watched with sharp eyes. “Now! Release!”

“Ham-mi!” the hamster grunted before releasing Rattata, sending him flying into the crowd of his followers. Hammi smiled as moments passed and the Rattata didn’t get up.

Masako walked over towards the direction Rattata was thrown in, the others moving out of her way. “He’s alright.” She took a potion sample out of her bag and sprayed it over the Pokémon’s body.

“Wow…” Carter muttered as he walked over. “You ended it quickly.”

“You learn a lot from traveling the world,” Masako said, gently petting Rattata. The rat looked at her with is red eyes. “You promise to cooperate with the Hammi now?”

“Ratta,” he said, giving a small nod.

“Good.” Masako stood up, dusting off her jeans. “Well, that’s taken care of.”

“I’m glad we were able to get them to cooperate,” Wyatt said as the group walked out of the forest, the next town over the horizon.

“Same here, I can see why Elvawyn is very strict on foreign Pokémon coming into the region.” Masako patted Ledian’s head. “I’m just glad they let Ledian stay with me. I don’t know what I’d do without him.”

Carter nodded, looking at the PokéBall that he held in his hand. I’m so happy, I have a new friend. He smiled to himself. Welcome to the team Hammi.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Hammi: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/gal...57337#/d3ap4rv
    Athenow: http://umbreongal.deviantart.com/gal...et=24#/d30vs99