Thread: Funerals

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Default Funerals

Just a random thought, what are your funeral customs in your country?

Just asking since we just hold ours at our void decks, and it seems rather unglam for a ceremony meant to send off the dead. At the moment, there's one blocking the pathway to my house...sigh.

It depends on religion, culture and area.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Uh, and that's why I created this thread, right?

well. someone takes the dead body off us, the funeral place im guessing.. they can dress the body up in their best clothes (for my grandad they dressed him up in his best suit and fluffy socks) we got to go see him at the funeral place, in his coffin.. then a hurse (sp?) takes it off to where the ceremony takes place where someone says kind words about the person... then we leave, and they cremated him. then we get his ashes in a bowl and we take it home.
    thats what happened with my grandad anyway

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

hurse (sp?)
    "hearse"

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

I don't think I want a funeral.
    "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

i want a funeral...

just not soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    "hearse"
    thanks hickster

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetails 009 View Post
    Uh, and that's why I created this thread, right?
    No, I mean really- in my country. There are different ways they do it because there are dozens of religions and cultures here. Of course, it's either cremation or burial, but there are tons of different ways they go about the process. I'm not really knowledgeable about all the customs for all the religions obviously.

But one of my grandfathers had a funeral and a church service and was then buried, the other one was cremated in a ceremony where all his male relatives were "pall bearers" and carried him in state to the crematorium.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

The culture varies a little out here in the states as well.... Down here we have a visitation where people who liked the person/are exected to pay their respects show up... and then there's the actual funeral. Depending on the ethnicity and region some large woman throws herself on the coffin and wails hysterically. We have pall bearers that carry the casket during the funeral.. usually just to the hears to take it to the cemetary but when my grandfather died we carried him from the church out to the church graveyard... down ehre in the south people USED to Sit up with the dead... they'd have the body laid out in the casket and people would come to the house, set up folding chair and basically stay the night there cuz "it wasn't right to leave em alone" There's a great song/video about that... I'll have to link it sometime.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I think I'll go with cremation. I'm not all that religious, and I feel like the only way I'd be interred is on consecrated ground or whatever. Plus, we've got enough land being taken up by consecrated ground as it is. Might as well just burn me and scatter my ashes.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

All I know is I want a huge statue with angels around me and stuff. And I mean a BIG one.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

I think I prefer cremation myself.
    Originally made by LM:

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Dig a hole, put the coffin in, everyone takes turns putting the dirt back in

Quote Originally Posted by Qoorl View Post
    down ehre in the south people USED to Sit up with the dead... they'd have the body laid out in the casket and people would come to the house, set up folding chair and basically stay the night there cuz "it wasn't right to leave em alone"
    Hey cool, we do that too! It's compulsory for the family members to stay the night. We did that for our grandmother, except that I fell asleep and my mum carted me home. ><

Over here, cremation is compulsory because we don't have land for graveyards. Also, we have to chase away cats from the coffin, because of the cats jump over the coffin, the person inside becomes a zombie.

I spent the three days of my grandmother's funeral chasing away cats!

I always imagined my face being used as a latex mask substitute upon death...

Although if I have a funeral, they're going to need to preserve my beard in a perfect state. I won't let years of manly tears and broken dreams destroy my work in the field of facial hair.

I'm also going to need bag-pipes. Lots of them. Hmmm...maybe some hammerpants...