Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a word is worth a thousand pictures

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Default a word is worth a thousand pictures

agree, disagree

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

then it isn't a picture it's a macro
    did you learn nothing in that really basic class you had where you learnt about macros

I suppose, my dear, that it would entirely depend upon which word you chose to use, versus what picture. We must take this on a case by case basis.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

No, probably at most 100.

For example, try to use 1,000 words for this:

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Depends on the word. If I google searched cat I'd probably have more than 1000 results.

Agree. Strongly. The word majesty comes to mind.

Now let me find that pciture of a mother gazelle giving birth to a flower that blossoms into a baby panda...

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

kirby i will take the challenge ugly pretty sexy gay cool stupid dumb idiotic manly gay racist predjudice just like kirby hot beautiful nasty killjoy buzzkill death boy girl man woman half as a b be bee by bye good their there they're seymour quiet quit to too two we west western bad ass bass ass bitch ho hoe tulip watermellon apple potato pahtahto pokemon tauros wresstle mania sauce charizard ditto asphalt

i give up....
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

no
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

not unless you mass produce those pictures on my dick

your welcome

a word is worth and idea conveyed. while a picture can express an emotion and affect you more than any set of words could.

the caption alone can mean anything, but with the picture it becomes very powerful. the picture without the words however, may look pleasant or could induce horrible memories.

Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

The thing that always bgs me about athiests, is they want to force it, and refuse to agree to diagree. Even the most devote and radical muslims, won't go on forever about how you are completely wrong. But athiests will.

Kirby's post probably makes more sense in one of the other recent threads, but I don't entirely disagree with him. Many of the atheists I've met are some of the least tolerant people I can imagine.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

religion doesn't cause problems, stupid people believing in religion start problems.

oh, and even if religions werent around, people would find something to fight or quarrel over

your welcome

not to mention that the majority of athiests are smug and completely intolerant as qoorl said.

i have never met one athiest who would simply allow others to believe what they wanted and be okay with it.

your welcome

There is no way to avoid religion becuase its hardwired into our minds and culture. The most devote athiests admit that, with there study of things like the religious gene and, a certain part of the brain that makes religious dilusions.

I'm not sure about.... any of what you just said Kirby.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

i think he means spirituality. religion is the vast agreement of a certain spirituality and moral code, and people will always have a natural discrepancy between moral/spiritual code.

your welcome

I watched this show, where they took people, who where spiritual, and locked them in a dark room while monitoring there brain. What they found is after a few hours of pure boredom, the people started to have dilusions, and this part of the brain was responsible for it.

Back to the 9/11 topic. I was thinking that they still would of done it. I mean what are they fighting for? There cultural identity? Its not like you don't see people killing themselfs for non-religious causes.

athiests are too smug to realize the full potential and spiritual connections of the human mind.

your welcome

This... wasn;t about 9-11... but moving into that. They're extremists... Religion is a motivator but also a hatred and jealousy of our nation. The U.S. hasn't done a good job of making friends the last 50 years or so... And as a result we've been suffering for it lately. In theory it seems like a good idea to arm rebels to get rid of foreign leaders we don't like... but it ends up putting someone similar in charge and leaving a lot of people ruined and pissed off.... these are generalizations of course but it does go some way to explaining things.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

i thought the terrorist hated arre freedom and also there is truly always be for people make up something for anything like kirby set it is a hardwired thing.im christian and have thoughts of mineown but do believe in christ
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

Atheists don't "celebrate" lent

Its amazing to think of it, but literally one Roman guy liked Christianity. Then the whole religion of Rome was changed, which lead to untamently there downfall and then the downfall of all of Europe. After much genocide of the new "Holy Roman Empire" most pegans where killed off, even though it was once the dominent religion of the world. Honestly, only just 1,200 years ago most white people where praying to the Godess of firtility.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    getting ashes on your forehead because your mom asked you to doesnt have anything to do with your beliefs? im not a faggot who says 'that goes against what i believe in which is nothing' unlike yourself.
    W-what?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast