Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: a word is worth a thousand pictures

  1. #26
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    its funny how justin thinks that he's the majority of atheists where i live xD oh well


    your welcome

  2. #27
    I can see your Coo-ka! Teresa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    getting ashes on your forehead because your mom asked you to doesnt have anything to do with your beliefs? im not a faggot who says 'that goes against what i believe in which is nothing' unlike yourself.
    Yeah, what this guy said. I'm Agnostic, but if my Mom asks me to go to church with her, I'm not gonna say 'Sorry mom, I don't believe in your Jeezus'. It's just rude. You can believe in something, or nothing at all and still have respect for other people and their religions. :/

  3. #28
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,049

    Default

    I... uh...

  4. #29
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Yeah, what this guy said. I'm Agnostic, but if my Mom asks me to go to church with her, I'm not gonna say 'Sorry mom, I don't believe in your Jeezus'. It's just rude. You can believe in something, or nothing at all and still have respect for other people and their religions. :/
    Ah, thanks for decyphering.

    lol @ Justin taking my post seriously

  5. #30
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    why would you give up something for lent if your not a Christian

    your logic here surpases my uncool brain I suppose

  6. #31
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    why would you give up something for lent if your not a Christian

    your logic here surpases my uncool brain I suppose
    Apparently because your mother told you to.

  7. #32
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,049

    Default

    Yeah I gave up reading for lent

  8. #33
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,049

    Default

    Well it was in reference to a previous thread that you also blew your shit about. Seems to me you're trying to justify your own celebration of lent, Justin. Please leave me out of it.

  9. #34
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    justin vs. solly this sunday sunday sunday


    your welcome

  10. #35
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    what. you bring up that atheists dont celebrate lent because i said i was an atheist and knew i took part in lent which i ended up not doing, but me responding telling you why i did it and why it doesnt matter at all whether or not i believe in it just like teresa said is me trying to justify it when you brought it up?

    are you stupid?
    what. you bring up that Christians celebrate lent because i said i was an Christian and knew i took part in lent which i ended up not doing, but me responding telling you why i did it and why it doesnt matter at all whether or not i believe in it just like solly said is me trying to justify it when you brought it up?

    this post makes perfect sense for everything

    mostly the underlined part

  11. #36
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,049

    Default

    When did you say you were an atheist?

  12. #37
    The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    you would wanna know
    Posts
    830

    Default

    i see no reason for people to argue over religion this is a major reason foor donfalls in the past present and possibly future because of our abnoxiousness
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

    a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

    gotta catch'em all-pokemon


    [IMG][/IMG]

  13. #38
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beasthaxorus View Post
    i see no reason for people to argue over registeel this is a major reason for donphans in the past present and possibly future because of our abomasnow
    fixed


    your welcome

  14. #39
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    not to mention that the majority of athiests are smug and completely intolerant as qoorl said.

    i have never met one athiest who would simply allow others to believe what they wanted and be okay with it.
    Hi, it's nice to meet you. I might tell you that I think it's stupid, and mock you a bit right to your face, but you never have to wonder where I stand. and I will carry on being your friend, even if I can't agree with your belief system. I won't nag you, and I won't ostracize you, and I won't try to convert you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Agree. Strongly. The word majesty comes to mind.

    Now let me find that pciture of a mother gazelle giving birth to a flower that blossoms into a baby panda...
    You are just obsessed with the gazelle birth phenom! fascinating my dear, simply fascinating. we should go on a safari and capture this on video for ourselves. we must make certain to go equipped with bubble pipes and marshmallow darts for the safety of all, especially the panda blooms.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  15. #40
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,049

    Default

    Regrettably the raging atheist stereotype does apply to Keke

  16. #41
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Not at all. I actually think its cute and sort of quaint when people have faith in something they cannot quantify.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  17. #42
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,049

    Default

    passive aggressive atheist sorry

  18. #43
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    I don't know what's passive about calling it stupid to your face. Openly mocking and being derisive, or even out right condescending, is not exactly passive. But suit yourself. If that's what you want to believe. Whatever floats your boat.

    You are the only Catholic Jew I've ever known and I still love you Solly.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  19. #44
    The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Theology Megathread WUUUUUUUUUT

    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

  20. #45
    lady qoorl nyrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals
    Posts
    903

    Default

    meh. religion is meh.

    DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

    as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

  21. #46
    Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore
    Posts
    5,812

    Default

    It's far to late to say something actually on-topic, but it works both ways, I guess.

    You could get an umbrella word like 'emotion' covering a thousand pictures of different emotions, then get a thousand (descriptive) words each from those thousand pictures.

    Anyway, I offer option C. Numbers!

  22. #47
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    dufflebag

    (1000 pics GOGOGO!)


    your welcome

  23. #48
    Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore
    Posts
    5,812

    Default


  24. #49
    if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    there's a snake in my boot!
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    thats 1 KEEP EM UP


    your welcome

  25. #50
    Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,413

    Default

    things I had in mind when I made this thread:
    - some words evoke such provocative imagery and have such personal significance that they cannot be expressed in image format. 'euphoria', 'other-worldly'
    - the best piece of literature took less time to write than the most beautiful painting in history.
    - certain writers communicate so vividly and express such powerful ideas that they simply have no competition with people that tried to do the same in image format
    - communication of ideas by words is such an intriguing concept that it cannot possibly be substituted with communication by pictures

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •