Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neccessary Evils

Default Neccessary Evils

Some Important Event in our history

1942 Doktor Professor Tricloptus seeks world domination with Nazi Cyborg Zombies, He is defeated by the Friends of Liberty

1975 The Red Scare unleashes a nanovirus on the earth, intent on making all people, ONE PEOPLE, Sister Superior and the Gentleman of Leisure stops the virus and saves mankind.

1999 The Doomcult summons Astroidus from Beyond... The Eastern Seaboard of the United States becomes covered with an evil malign intelligence which seeks to consum everything, The Merlots team up with Bad Boyz Inc, The Plush Dolls, and Mojo Force VII to banish Astroidus and return the world to it's rightful state.

2010, The Nihlorn arrive from another galaxy. They are highly advanced and they are prepared. Within months all superheroes have been destroyed. Conquest and assimilation of the planet begins. We are all doomed.

They're all gone... your enemies, for what that's worth. You weren't the one to defeat them and now the planet is being taken over by an alien empire. You are a super villian, a public enemy. And you are Earth's Last Hope.

The super heroes are all gone and now it's up to the villains to have any hope of defeating the Nihlorn. Maybe you're not evil...just misunderstood, Maybe you don't like the competition, Maybe you can't Show Them, Show THem All! if no one is left to see you be triumphant. Whatever the reason you've joined the resistance against the Nihlorn empire's conquest of the planet.

SO It's a superhero game... with a twist. You don't have to be perfect... you don't even have to be good, or even likeable. That's not the point. The point is you survived and have a chance to save this pathetic world. It all starts in Virgin City, Pennsylvania. Some of you have gathered at a safehouse to try and find a way to remove the alien menace from your neighborhood and hopefully...one day, from Earth.

Character Creation: Be prepared to edit your posts... once you've got a sign up I'll PM you if there's any changes I'd like to discuss with you. Also be prepared to make another character down the line. If you're tough and smart you might not die, but the odds are stacked against you... the enemy is viscious and powerful and your allies are none too trustworthy. (Yes you can stab each other in the back if it's in character for your villain and if it's good for the story.)

Code Name: You don't HAVE to have one... but they're cool

Sex: Male, Female, Both or Neither (Trannies, Robots, and the like DO exist)

Power Type: This will most likely be Technological, Magical, Scientific,
    Mistake of Birth, or Natural... I'll define these a little farther down.

Powers: What can your character DO. This is the part we'll have to work on together, to make it fit the setting and to keep you from being totally useless or too powerful
    Origin: How did you come to be who you are. Include some history. Tell us why you're a villain. (Or if you don't see yourself as a villain, tell us why the World thinks of you as one.)

The Power Types:
    Technological - USe this if your character uses advanced technology (lasers, battle armor, etc.) or if you're a robot or a cyborg.

Science - Use this if your character exists or has their powers as the result of some sort of scientific experiment or mishap... chemical spills, testing gone wrong, etc.

Mistake of Birth - In another world you might be called a Mutant. Not here. You're stronger or faster or have scaly skin, or whatever because you were Born Different

Magic - Sorcerous power. The Nihlon do NOT have an easy time with magic. That's the reason they attacked and destroyed the House of Merlot as quickly as possible. You'll have an edge but you can better believe you'll be a prime target for extermination.

Natural - you don't have POWERS per se. You're just highly trained, or naturally gifted... ninjas, good leaders, and the like.

Oh yeah... Happy 5k.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Code Name: the Chamber

Sex: Male

Power Type: Magic

Powers: i can mold transitional metals that are on a similar plane, i.e. when my feet are touching the ground, i can mold any metal in contact with that latitude of ground. i also carry grappling hooks to mold metals from a distance if they aren't a part of the plain i am physically touching in some way. the signature reason for the name is being able to cage enemies and crush them from a distance. creating a chamber of death if you will.

Origin: i am the grandson of vincent price, who was secretly funding the tricloptus conspiracy because of his genuine admiration of the SS. his daughter, Lyann Price, was later a part of a spy organization in america during the cold war, sent to collect technological information. while back in russia, she met a man named milo plarus, who was a supernaturalist visiting from iceland. they conceived a child that day, and she never heard from him again. when i was born in '73, i would inadvertently bend toys and spoons she left with me on tables and in my crib. as i grew up i tolerated these new powers, and by the age of 20, i had finally been able to control them. one day, i was at a job interveiw and the manager was making a slew of hurtful remarks about my family's history, and it got to me. i turned his desk into an iron maiden, and i fed him to it. that was my first kill. i soon began to run from authorities and fight back. i joined a small group of refugees named "SAIC" (Supernatural Anarchists for Integrating Civilization), and we were successful in many radical exploits to get our point across. we disbanded in 1994, and i started anew in obscurity in the Himalayas. in 2010, i had heard about the extermination of the vigilantes, so i traveled back to the states to see the result, and thats where my story begins.
    Last edited by Pants; 03-26-2011 at 09:52 AM.

your welcome

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

Code Name: Hawk
    Sex: male
    Power Type: mistake of birth
    Powers: Hawk is able to see out to a range of 100 km. and can find any weak point in non living matter. He is able to sprout wings and can detach the razor sharp feathers to use as a weapon. He has been trained in close combat and swordsmanship. He is incapable of long flights but flies at high speeds over short distances. Possesses a single white feather that is indestructable. He can use it once to exchange his life for that of another.

Origin: Born the unnatural union of a brother and sister, Hawk was hated from birth. When the true of his 'family' came to light, they were run out of the homes and had to steal to survive. Hawk's abilities made him a prime target to recruit into a gang and he was given what training his parents could find in order to make him a hot commodity. In the end, he was virtually sold to a band of criminals, The Bestiary. They were all animal themed and had a penchant for art heists. It was on one of the robberies, a natural history museum, that a security guard made it through Hawk's blindspot. THe robbery was a disaster and Hawk was forced by the rest of the Bestiary to kill the guard and several others to make their escape. With the advent of the Nihlorn invasion, Hawk finally sees a chance of escaping a life of squalor and crime and is seeking redemption.
    Last edited by beasthaxorus; 03-26-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

Code Name: The Masked Lady / The Lady / Themis

Sex: Female

Power Type: Mistake of Birth

Powers: Mild empathy, mild telepathy, teleportation, and disappearing into shadows. Her ability to teleport is limited to darkness, and in shadow. If there is too much light, she will not be able to shift location. She is much better at night, and dislikes the bright light of day.

Origin: As a pre-teen, Kitty witnessed her family's murder and stood by impotently while her home was burned around her still living mother. She barely escaped with her life, and spent quite a long time in the hospital for smoke inhalation. At the trial, most evidence against the accused had burned in the fire. Her testimony was dismissed due to her nearly uncontrollable grief, and so the man who robbed and murdered her family walked free.

He was her first kill.

Since then, she has become proficient at killing, taking many contracts and seeing that justice is done. She has killed rapists, murderers, drug dealers, unscrupulous business men, thieves and every sort of low life. She is a highly paid assassin, willing to take on any mark that she deems worthy of her brand of justice.

The Lady specializes in stealth and subtlety. Her weapons of choice vary greatly depending on the hit. She has used plastic explosives in cell phones, contact poisons that kill as they are absorbed through the skin, car bombs, and sliver thin stiletto knives slid between the ribs to reach the heart. She has even been known to use a target's allergies against them. She is calculating and clever, taking time to plan her kills carefully. Nothing is beneath her, and she is not above using seduction to accomplish her goal.

When she kills, she wears a mask. For each kill she has a new mask made and retires it upon completing the task. She has never taken a job she didn't believe in with her full heart. She considers herself a warrior for peace, delivering justice to those deserving. When masked, she is quiet and unobtrusive, getting her work done. Her personality when unmasked can be quite different, though few people have seen her unmasked, knowing her secret identity and lived. She is secretive and leads a double life which she keeps very separate.

She disassociates the guilt of murder by masking herself. The mask is to blame, and she is innocent. She keeps the masks as trophies and hides them away. No one is ever permitted to see them.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Sample Character - (I Probably won't play this character but if anyone wants to use him as theirs let me know.)

Code Name: Necropost

Power Type: Magic

Powers: Necropost can control dead organic matter. Generally this includes the creation of zombies but he can do other things with it. More specifically it's the control of Death Magics, meaning he can also do other things, such as imbue a living being with the qualities of a corpse, or create magical attacks that kill living tissue.

Origin: James grew up in a middle class family. He had most of what he wanted, but in reality he wasn't sure what he REALLY wanted. When it came time for college he got big into internet forums, specifically trolling them. He was a smart kid and he was good at it. He was excellent at it. He went from forum to forum almost invariably getting banned when the powers that be couldn't beat him at his trolling/flaming game. Then he came to a forum that was...different. They seemed like fags, talking about dark magics and sacrifice. Emo Fag stuff.... Sure James knew that some magic existed, House Merlot was on the news a lot, but this seemed harmless.

He trolled, and he pissed them off enough that they offered to prove it to him. He met the group in real life and they inducted him into the art of Necromancy. Their mistake, James found what he really wanted: Power. The majority of the posters met untimely fates and James found that he could do what he wanted to. Was there a hot girl he couldn't score with? Once he arranged for her to stop breathing he could make her get back up and do ANYTHING he wanted. Did he need money? He didn't have to steal it if he could get some old fogey to claw his way out of the grave and do it for him.

Necropost was born.

The arrival of the Nihlon has given James pause. Sure the devastation they've caused has given him a lot more Death to work with, but if they kill him, it's game over... and if they kill everyone else, he won't have anyone to lord his power over.

Weakness: His magics don't work in direct sunlight. There's also the nagging fear in the back of his mind that he doesn't know what effect performing all this necromancy is having on him. Will it change him physically? Is it making him more of a monster or is that who he was all along?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

WE got some tentative sign ups... awesome. How are you guys feeling about this? Liking the concept? any questions, complaints?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I've never successfully participated in a modern RP, and this one seems interesting. I am looking forward to kicking it off. How is my profile? suitable?

wrote the origin

your welcome

I saw.. and I'll send all of you PM's tomorrow... giving out details and all sorts of SECRET information!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

love the the flashback wateva thing in begging also hows my profile looking

[IMG][/IMG]

keke killed my mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lolol jk

[IMG][/IMG]

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Code Name: Mr. Redd

Sex: Neither, although displays male characteristics

Power Type: Scientific/Technological

Powers: Entirely composed of photons, emits these at .001% per second at wavelengths between 630-740 nm (red), causing him to appear to be "made out of red". Can only absorb photons traveling at these wavelengths. Must "eat" every three hours in order to maintain a healthy body volume. Can pass through transparent objects and does not emit a shadow or any other wavelengths of photons, making him ideal for reconnaissance. Passing through windows does cause photons to release themselves from Redd's influence at the rate of regular probability (~5%). Shows the ability to manipulate air waves in order to speak. Shows ability to exert force beyond normal electromagnetic radiation, allowing him to pick up things, open or close doors, and wear clothing, however this force is somewhat weak.

Origin: Originally manufactured by Hench Corporation as a new edition of reconnaissance goons. Following testing showing the effectiveness of added personality in intelligence, Model 500-X-J25 was released as a prototype. In spite of receiving excellent review from employers, Hench Corporation was forced to shut down during recession, causing Model 500-X-J25 to be the only model of his kind. Employment Record:

-New Soviet Alliance - American recon
    -Dr. James Jacoby - Thievery of weaponry blueprints
    -Knot Corporations - [Classified]
    -Neopirate Coalition - Investigation of members
    -General Car - Head of Recon Division
    -Ms. Diamond - "Sidekick" until death

Currently available for hire

So when are we starting?

Code Name: Vetran

Power Type, Mistake: The Vetran has one superpower, immortallity. He is litterally undefeatable, now there are things that can stop him though, like drowning him will resutl in him not having oxygen, so he can't move. And his hair, nails and, teeth are all loseable. But he will grow them back in good time. His skin is indisctuctable and he never ages.

Origin: Back in the day, he was a Civil War soldier, but after being hit a doctor spent years working on him. Eventually the doctor stubled upon some sort of concuction that made him literally invincable. After he healed up, he simply escaped and lived as he pleased. But in the 1930s he became a public enemy due to his communist status, and was captured. Soon the government found out about his power and intended to harness it, but after years of banging on a concrete wall, he was able to escape. Since then he has been on the run, the government won't stop, ever. He is known for also doing outlandish things because he can get away with it, like stealing things and messing with the government.

It's like he's a communist version of Wolverine. Kirby is too funny not to RP with.

man only 3 of us can use our powers in the light.

[IMG][/IMG]

i mean, my character is basically an alteration of magneto with more emphasis on physical trapping/attacking, but at least my character isn't a blatant rip off, and he is quite definitely as frail as a normal human.

your welcome

whos is a ripoff

[IMG][/IMG]

kirb's wolverine thing

your welcome

One 'c', love.

EDIT: Love the premise, by the way. Great idea. Placing a hold on a tentative sign-up. Need to check my courseload for the next month.

Also, what's the activity going to be like? Because my last experience was Pirates, and goddamn that was fast.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

pants^lol i think wolverine is somewhat better with his amazing combat untill he's agaisnt you or magneto.lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Code Name: Jelly Doughnut [You're a mistake! Just like the fluke at the Berlin Wall!]

Real Name: Jake Junker. Can be called in various forms. "Jaded Jake." "Jelly." Or simply "The Nut". Etymology: The last name is of Germanic origin, meaning "Young Nobleman", yet most adversaries of Jake simply like to term it in its much more insulting English form.

Power Type: Magical and Technological

Powers:

He only has a single power, and it harms himself most of all. He personifies things. As in, they become literally human. It may be an object, or something metaphysical, like a concept. The thing is, everything has a soul. Everything. Most people just don't know that, and most things are unconscious of such facts as well, because, well, they're non-living to begin with. But the oldbies, those tribes of the past, they had the right idea. They believed that everything in Earth, especially nature, had a life force, and that humanity had to live in harmony with the world, treating everything around them with equal respect, for perfect balance to be achieved. They called it peace. To know, understand, connect with the world around then. What they didn't know was the harm of such souls unleased.

Jake, he was born with the power. The power to give...it, them...a body. A human body, with a human brain to think, with human emotions and memories. What he did not have was the power to control it. The moment the act of creation ended, the object would be set loose upon the world. And most objects aren't friendly. They don't have the mind power to be. Jake calls his creations 'Objections'. A fusion of the word 'object' and 'creation', and the ultimate unwillingness to be brought alive. Take, let's say, a table. Maybe this one has a timid personality. It comes born into the world, with only memories of being scalded by hot, steaming mugs, of years and years and years of immobility, of being squashed, pressed down on by dozens and dozens of hands. It is born confused, and terrified. And ultimately crazied. Perhaps it will conduct its own self-destruction. Some objects have done that in the past. Or take, maybe, a concept, like the idea of superiority. It becomes personified. Its ideals of dominating those around him (or her- Jarod can't control their gender either) are in full force. Quite literally, it immediately tries to defeat those around it. And most of the time, Jake is the nearest person around.

There are only very rare times where Jake's power in its raw form can benefit him. Very occasionally, the things which he creates have some semblance of reason. Sometimes, he can even persuade them into fighting for his cause as an ally, or doing his bidding. In that way, he gets a partner...sometimes. But the chances of that mostly rely on his charisma and persuasive charm, both of which he rather lacks.

Still, he has found a way to make his power somewhat...useful. Jake carries around a miniature LHC, that is, what was historically known as a 'Large Hadron Collider', that modern technology compressed into a gun form. The weapon works just like a gun (which actually is more or less Jarod's only form of defence), but instead of blasting holes or blasting things apart, it blasts its target into its sub-atomic elements. It's actually a very mediocre weapon in a relative sense- the warfare of humanity has long moved forth from singular elimination. In times like these, the best weapons are those which kill on a large scale. The MLHC (Miniature Large Hadron Collider- It's an oxymoron, but Jake doesn't really care), with its petty, singular beams, is small fry in the arms race.

But the thing is, the main purpose of Jarod's MLHC is not to take life. In fact, the wheels of fate often find the gun swivelling around to target its owner. Yet another disadvantage of Jake, to have his own weapon turn on him? Not so. You see, Jake's power of creating bodies includes emcompasses, well, his own. And Jarod had realised a long time ago that the physical realm only serve to hinder and restrict. Souls are forever existent.

The MLHC, thus, steps in to tear away the bonds of the skin. The vapourised Jake is fully conscious, though, admittedly, unable to do anything beyond observing or speeding around. He uses this skill to break into places or be utterly invisible, mostly, reforming himself when he's done with his business. With the technological influx of heat and spatial detection devices, being merely shrouded from the visual eye often means nothing at all. The world still knows that you're there. So there. Jake gains invisibility. It's still a really sucky and useless skill, or so he thinks.

Origin:

My mother...I never really remember her as a human. She was always a Russian winter to me. A frosty smile, a chilly hug. "Hail", she cried, mockingly. "Heil my son, the little runt." I always wondered where was the softness of snow.

Of mixed Nordic-Prussian lineage, the Norr°nur-Preu▀en came to the world in the remains of East Berlin. Born into the House of Merlot, he was quickly discarded in disgust by the other magicians, who were mostly Russians. What use was a magic that brought harm upon the House? His creations were uncontrollable. A sign of a weak will. They could not defend. Worse, they brought misery. The eyes of the judgemental could easily see; in the croak of the voicebox, the dragging of the body, that his...manifestation...were in pain. In confusion. In conflict. They were monstrous abdominations. Not meant to exist. The House of Merlot was good. Their goodness was unquestionable. This outcast had to go.

It's hard to hold your head up when you have no reason to be proud.

Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. Social outcast. The phrase echoes on and on...

So Jake lived alone. It was an ironic horror that his skill was precisely one that needed charm and allure. If he actually wanted to do any good, he would have to cajole, beguile, coax, entice, tantalize, tempt, urge, wheedle, bewitch, captivate, convince his creations to be on his side. He could not do that. Never, never, never.

Goodness. It is a cold, cold word.

The public views him uneasily, the crowd parting away. A dull horror often dwells in the normal people he talks to. No, not intimidation. Jake will never achieve that stature. Just a feeling that the guy is not right. Not normal. Creepy. And it is the kind of unease that gradually causes one to shift away, eyes downcast, to the distance. Jake gets lonely lots. Society...he just feels sad that he'll never be a part of it.

It's funny. I used to care. Now I don't. I wonder if they know the darkness of a winter.

Jake was there when the Merlot were slain. Just...nearby. In a pub. The Nihlorn turned on the citizens after gloating on the wreckage of grandeur. Let's just say Jake stepped out.

It was said that his eyes were never the same again

Imagine.
    Imagine this.
    Imagine that you are in a void.
    Imagine an inky darkness, a muted wide expanse that stretches on and on and on into the horizon.
    Can you call it a horizon if it is dark? Where you don't know the where the sky and land embrace?
    No buildings. Nothing rising up to block your eyes reaching far out into the distance.

Imagine that you are standing.
    Imagine how the ground under your feet is soft.
    You feel fluffy earmuffs on your ears.
    You shiver, bringing your mitten covered hands up to warm them in your frosty breath.
    You feel soft, cool touches on your cheeks. You can't see them, but you know they are snowflakes.
    So thin...melting away after a featherlight brush.

The soft ground is a sea of bloody flesh.

By the by, Pants, I think you mean "plane" every time you've said "plain". Unless your guy can only mold metals when he's in Mississippi.

EDIT: Ninetails, does Jake use those cards at all, or is that just an example of his appearance?

DOUBLE EDIT: Sorry Qoorl if it feels like I'm being annoying or anything in this thread. I'm just curious. I love superpowers. :3
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Uh, well, I just liked the picture.

Sorry for horrible profile Qoorl, I'm really rusty on this.

i want to make another person as a backup lol. i think someones going to kill me.

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast