Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neccessary Evils

I think the profile's great, Ninetails.

And I wasn't saying like, that the picture was bad or anything. I just was wondering because if he didn't use cards, and I did make a profile, I was likely to use some kind of cardmaster/mistress idea.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Yeah, sure. XD

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-kitty2 View Post
    By the by, Pants, I think you mean "plane" every time you've said "plain". Unless your guy can only mold metals when he's in Mississippi.
    nice catch there i edited that

nice pun as well

your welcome

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

when are we going to start?
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by beasthaxorus View Post
    man only 3 of us can use our powers in the light.
    I guess that's why we are villains, being secluded to the shadows has twisted our wittle minds.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

nintails showed us all up

(still checking if I have time for an RP, but here's a basic sign-up in the event that I do)

Code Name: Twisted Fate (Fate)

Sex: Female

Power Type: Magical

Powers: Telekinesis (typically with cards), Probability Manipulation, Proficiency with a quarterstaff.

Origin:

Cold... So cold...

Sarah awoke on the evening of Friday, March 13th, 2007 to something she had only expected to see in her nightmares. She was lying on the wooden flooring of her living room. Her clothes were torn, half were removed entirely. She was covered from head to toe with various cuts and scratches, some of which seemed like they should have killed her. As she lifted herself up, she turned to see both her parents hanging from the rafters, mutilated, almost unrecognisable. Numb to the events that had unfolded around her, Sarah barely noticed that the house was also burning. She looked up just in time to seen a burning rafter fall down towards her. Not moving, not even flinching, Sarah merely closed her eyes, waiting for death to come. However, it didn't. She found the rafter was suspended a foot above her head, like magic.

How lucky...

Twisted Fate put on her mask again. The hard mask sat perfectly on her face. She pulled the hood of her cape over her head, attached her extendable metal quarterstaff to her belt next to the deck of cards, and left the apartment in which she had spent the past year. If all went well, she would not be returning again. She started clim,bing the stairs to the rooftop, replaying the plan over and over in her head. She would walk into the back of the bank, past the two guards who stood outside the door without either of them even so much as looking at her. Upon entering the bank, she would proceed to place as much of the money stored there as she could into the various pockets on her person. She would then walk out the bank the same way she came in.

Fate reached the roof, still thinking over the plan. Wrapped up in her thoughts, she mis-stepped and tripped over the edge of the building. Somehow, she managed to land on the matress she had thrown out a few days ago. It was a lucky thing that she had thrown it out, lucky that no one had moved it, lucky that she had managed to land on it.

Very lucky indeed

Appearance:

Fate is 5'10", with very dark brown hair. Her outfit consists of a Venetian Volto mask, with intricate designs of cards and dice on it, a black cape with a hood, and the rest of the outfit resembles Psiren from Fullmetal Alchemist.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

sign-up

code name:sketch
    sex:male
    power type: magic
    powers:can copy a power into my dna and be able to use it and can bend water fire air and earth
    origin:was born with dna missing threads so i was aways able to take in other stuff and copy it on t my own and use it.i was able to do it just by seeing the person; even on tv.
    i was hungry for wealth and power and used this to my advantage.when i heard the news i new if people died my main power would be useless.so i decided to join up.

ps-i love full metal alchemist

[IMG][/IMG]

Allright.. runnin into town for a bit and then I'll get started working on getting things started... got a few more Sample characters to post... (two I might use myself) review everyone's profiles and then I'll do some starting off... hopefully by this evening, my time.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Codename: Seance

Power Source: Magical

Powers: Variable... Seance can use the powers of whatever dead super she can convince to aid her. SHe can communicate with the dead, and even take them into herself, but this also puts her at a risk for possession. She also permanently has the power of the criminal Switchblader, turning her left arm into a lethal weapon that can shapeshift into any sort of blade, she is VERY reluctant to use it however, fearing SB may try to take possession of her again.

Origin: Justice was born in a small southern town but she wanted to be a big city girl, So when college age hit she and some of her girlfriends moved to New Orleans. Justice loved it, the history, the nightlife, everything. She got a decent job and her friends lived with her in a fairly nice appartment. Things changed one night when the group decided to have a little fun and perform a seance. Despite legal requirements to the contrary, no one told Justice or her friends that their appartment was the location of the last stand of a Powered murderer known as the Switchblader. It was during the seance that Justice's powers manifested. the Switchblader possessed her, transforming her left arm into a scything blade the he used to attack her roomates. They survived, but when Justice gained control she was horrified and left everything she knew behind.

It took time for her to learn to understand her powers. She could communicate with the dead, and if she could talk them into it, she could take their powers. Taking the spirit of the deceased into oneself isn't easy, however. It subtly alters your personality and it makes you suceptible to being possessed. As for the arm, Justice, calling herself Seance rigged up a leather harness and kept her left arm bound to her chest. The Switchblader is still inside of her, and she can still use his powers if she needs to, but she won't, not unless there is no other alternative.

Justice reluctantly decided to become a hero, she had a gift and needed to do something with it. Unfortunately before she really got the chance, the Nihlorn invaded, wiping out any potential contacts she might have in the world of the living, but simultaneously opening up a world of possibilities in gaining power. She didn't know what to do. Virgin City had long been home to the greatest heroes and so she traveled there... hoping to contact one of their spirits, to find out how to fight the Nihlorn. Instead she found Malfactus.

Malfactus, Greatest Villian of the Ages, or so he styled himself. He was finally slain in battle against Sister Superior, eight years before the Nihlorn invaded. He had made plenty of contacts in the dark crime ridden parts of the world however, and the world was supposed to be HIS to conquer, not some festering alien species. And so Malfactus made a bargain with Seance, if she turned over control to him for an hour...some point in the future, he would help her gather a force to combat the Nihlorn.

A month later Seance had everything she needed, or so she hopes. Theres a small army of villains gathered here in one of Malfactus's abandoned safehouses and they're willing to listen to her. Of course the nagging nightmare of her debt keeps Seance from being truly hopeful about the future.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Nine... I'm a little dense sometimes... so one of his abilities is to shoot himself... which disintegrates him... then his soul can go wherever and then he can use his power to rebuild his body? Amiright?

If so.. coolness. Here's a question... Do y'all think it would be a problem playing in more than one thread? A sort of main base thread, where the characters discussed what they were going to do, relaxes, etc.... and other threads in which they actually went out and did things? This would serve several purposes... each Mission Thread.. could have a definite ending so we wouldn't have 100s of pages... which is cool, but it makes reading through tough. And we could split the posters into teams for the varying missions... posters who can;t post as often in one team, doing one mission or event.. and the more regular posters in another.... Or do you think it'd make the forum to crowded... your input is imperative!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

It would only be crowded if there was any semblance of other activity on here.

I say go for it.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

why don't we all do a mission a thread?

know what?nevermind.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think that several threads might make it more difficult to follow. I've participated in roleplays with many threads as you describe, and what occurred was that those not interested in a specific mission did not follow that mission, and missed what happened entirely. It made it very difficult to keep everyone focused, and eventually the RP fell apart.

For a cohesive unit, I think one thread for IC and one thread for OOC is necessary.

Just my opinion.

I don't know Keke, if you miss a few missions big woop. Miss a bag part in the major RP and it falls apart and you get raped to death.

Personal experience.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

raped to death indeed! what a way to go...

What if there were mission summaries posted in the main thread? Like, one at the beginning explaining the mission, and then one at the end that summarises what went down?
    omae wa mou shindeiru

WEll that is what the Home Base/Mission Control center thread would be for... to have the characters debrief what happened and make new plans.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

It gets complicated, people can't/won't keep up and it falls apart. One thread is easy to follow. It hasn't worked out well in my experience, but as it is not my roleplay you can of course do whatever you think would be best for all parties involved.

Can Pikachu be on my team?

Hmm.. let's let a few others weigh in on this and I'll put up some IC in a bit.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

i think pink-kitty2's idea was great.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have no mouth. And I must scream. geromy's Avatar

Codename: Joe

Power Source: Technological

Powers: Robot stuff

Origin: Joe was one of the first robots Simmons-Johnson Corporation intended for home use, after selling their robots for military use. The 1000 line was discontinued after it was discovered that they would follow any order without hesitation, and owners were given a refund and forced to dispose of the robots. The owners of Joe were careless when throwing away him, opting to put him at the dump. The owner of a hit-man business learned about his presence, and sensing a humongous business opprotunity, quickly snatched him up. Joe had been doing a job in Virgin City when his target had been taken by the Nihlorn. He now is trying to find a way to kill his target.

Appearance:

The Nihlorn: Arriving from far across the universe, the Nihlorn are a sinsiter race. Their empire is based on conquest and consumption. They attack a world, destroy it's defenses and colonize it. The natives they use as a combination, food source, genetic experimentation pool, and slave labor. When they've drained a planet of life and resources they move on.

Their technology is far more advanced than that of Earth's they use weapons that human scientists aren't even able to comprehend yet, although that's in part due to the fact the the Nihlorn haven't given them the chance.

The Nihlorn don't do a lot of the own dirty work however. After their initial attack, they create synthetic beings that mimic the form of whatever sentient being previously considered themselves the owner of the planet. They have already created an immense army of Synthsoldiers to help maintain their control over the planet. While these beings are partially organic the bulk of their mass, as well as most of Nihlorn technology, is made from some for of advanced ceramic.

JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

So the main fighting force are basically like Necrons, which the actually populus are organic fleshbags back on the home planet?
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Kinda... There are real Nihlorns on earth... and they do plenty of fighting, especially at the outset. Once they have a foothold however, they create their SynthSoldiers, because they are expendable, unshakable, and they inspire fear and loathing amonst their enemies.. You'll find out more in game I'm sure.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast