Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NE: Malfactus's Lair (IC)

Default NE: Malfactus's Lair (IC)

Seance looked around at what she had to work with. It wasn't pretty. Malfactus's "safe house" had long since been stripped of anything remotely useful. It was in effect an empty warehouse with a large table and a single swaying light that flickered dimly, almost in tune with the humming of the generator. Still it was something. A few sleeping bags had been tossed down, and thanks to the generator they had some electricity, unlike the rest of this section of town. The Nihlorn had shut down everything in the quarantined zones, just letting the humans stew in fear until they could be processed and sent to a concentration camp for God knew what.

The motley crew that currently shared the dimly lit warehouse didn't inspire any other feelings of confidence. She had heard of some of them, seen them on the news battling the Heroes before... the Nihlorn. Maybe some of them harbored some spark of humanity, the ones that were humans. At least they had come, and at least they weren't the Nihlorn. Well... Malfactus's advice, as dangerous as it was, had gotten her this far. Time to make a speech and hope for the best. Justice Valentine stepped up and cleared her throat.

"Um...Allright. I guess you all know why we're gathered here? Those damned things have taken everything from us. The world's heroes...your, well your enemies I guess, they're gone now. So there's not gonna be any calvary, unless more of us powers turn up, but that's not likely with the Nihlorn hunting us down. I really don't know what to say, or how to go about starting this but, we've got to do something, at least take Virgin City back! They're putting us into camps and doing...well who knows what they're doing. So, we've got to push back!"

Damn she was bad at this. She looked at the crowd, trying to meet their eyes. That was a feat in itself, many of them hid their eyes behind insidious looking masks, and some didn't even have eyes in the proper sense.

"Don't just stand there whimpering! Get to the damned point! MAKE them listen to you!"

The voice of Malfactus stung in her mind. He was right though, she needed to be more forceful, less of a pushover. Some of these people were murderers and worse and if she didn't show strength they'd eat her alive.

"Look damnit! It's not about power, or who's the good guys, or who's right, or Any of that bullshit now! It's about surviving, us or them. The Nihlorn are gonna keep on until there's nothing left if someone doesn't stop them. I may not be much but I'm going to do everything I can until I'm dead or the Nihlorn are gone. Now are you gonna stand around glaring or are you with me on this?"

JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

OOC: Dunno if I'm supposed to be waiting to post or something, so I'll just post.

Twisted Fate stood at the back of the dimly lit room, watching the girl who was speaking. Bored, she started shuffling her deck of cards. Soon she got bored of that, she made the deck float about a foot in front of her face, still shuffling themselves.

"Now are you gonna stand around glaring or are you with me on this?"

With this, Fate looked up. It was a motley crew, a group of outcasts, the only thing in common being their desire to save this world so that they could continue to exact their agenda upon it. Still, there was a chance that they could work together. Fate kept quiet, and let the conversation continue.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

The Veteran listened carefully, then stood up and loudly said, "Ok miss then, whats the plan. We can't go charging in there, without massive losses. We need a plan, and a good one."

"May I suggest we split into groups, then stragetically attack important facilities. That's just a suggestion though."

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

Hawk in the middle of the room studied his accomplices and thought to himself"what a bunch of low level pawns".
    "Now are you gonna stand around glaring or are you with me on this"
    "For someone her age she's got a huge attitude."He thought to himself.After that he looked around and saw some fimmiliar faces that were on the tv."So she's here."Glancing at Fate.
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

"I say the more experienced should go with that girl."Hawk said as he stood up and pointed at Seance.

[IMG][/IMG]

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Chamber takes a look outside. he sees a few gurdurs and old debris scattered around the warehouse.

"guys, i can mold these into makeshift weapons for internal defense. with what we have, there isn't much we can do with force, but we can definitely hold out in this place while redd scouts for sources of fuel and nutrition. he's our only main source of outside support we have at this point."

Chamber grabbed the gurders and placed them on the table.

"name your weapon Vet. what do you like to kill with?"

your welcome

Necropost leaned against a rail, smirking at the assembly. A weakass group if he'd ever seen one. That Chamber guy looked like he could be a useful pawn. If Necropost could get him on his side, he'd be be able to take down almost any of the other assembled here. What was that one guys power? He made stuff come alive but couldn't control. That was like a bassackwards parody of his own might.

The girl prattled on about saving people, restoring the city, typical wannabe hero bullshit. She did have a nice body though. He'd have to see if he could get her into the sack. Without killing her. It'd be a nice little social challenge. Something to keep his mind off the fact that with everyone dying and the city locked down, there wouldn't be any press for anything he did. Still time to see just what kind of pussies he was dealing with.

"Okay, buttercup, why should we even listen to you? Some of these guys I've heard of, you not so much? You use Malfactus's lines to get ahold of us but he's been in the ground for years, now there's a corpse I'd like to get my hands on. You his daughter or something?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Okay, buttercup, why should we even listen to you? Some of these guys I've heard of, you not so much? You use Malfactus's lines to get ahold of us but he's been in the ground for years, now there's a corpse I'd like to get my hands on. You his daughter or something?"Hawk shivered when he heard this.As he turned around he knew it was the man who made him a top notch villain,Necropast.He walked over and kneeled before saying hello to the man.

[IMG][/IMG]

"I don't know, usually I would say I pistol would do, but this is more serious, get me a semi-automatic."

The Veteran looked around some more, most of these people where assholes. Most had smug looks up there faces, he had seen many like this, they come, and they go. Little hotshots never lasted more then 30 years at that rate. Back in his day people where respectable, and trated each other decent, even in war. But today, eh, you can't get a group of people to come together when aliens are taking over the world.

Invisible, Themis silently took note of all that were present. Some of them surprised her, some she had expected and some of them sent a small thrill of fear down her spine. She observed that there seemed to be a wide variety of miscreants gathered together, some of which almost certainly deserved her tender mercies. Not today, she told herself firmly, before her hand could slide any further toward the dagger concealed in a sheath under her skirt. The murderers might see justice one day, and possibly even by her hand, but today was not the day. She had to keep telling herself that. Today they were allies, and she was sworn to behave.

With attentiveness she listened as Seance spoke, screwing up a bit of determination and stiffening her spine. Before she could change her mind, she stepped from her shadow and into visibility with a bit of a flourish and an obvious flare for the dramatic. If any were surprised to see a well dress woman appear in their midst, she chose not to notice.

Her warm honey colored eyes glittered like stars caught in amber from between the narrow slits of her mask as she peered around the room. For the occasion she had a small unadorned black half mask made, so that all that was visible were her sparkling eyes, her smirking red painted lips, and the bottom half of her face. Her unbound hair hung nearly to her waist and was the color of mahogany. Small pearl earrings dangled from her ears, and a matching string circled her throat and one wrist. The floor length black velvet dress hugged all the right places and her red spike heels slashed through the darkness as she sashayed through the warehouse as though it were a much more worthy environment.

Watching everywhere and everyone without seeming to, she kept her eyes peeled for the first sign of danger or betrayal. She was naturally suspicious, and a gathering of this sort was asking for trouble. Her slim pale hands itched to hold a gun, or a blade, or a grenade or... Shaking herself, Themis broke off her reverie of weapons and rubbed her hands together, trying to stop the itching, tingling sensation in her palms.

She had only just stepped out of her shadow when Necropost spoke, she struggled to maintain her smirking facade. If she were honest with herself, he was the one who sent a chill of fear coursing through her veins, freezing her heart in her chest. Not today. Not today. Not today. became her internal mantra...

"The Necromancer speaks true. And the boy, I don't know his name, but he is correct also. We must have a plan." She nodded to those she addressed, purposefully snubbing those she felt inferior. "And you boy, what is it you do with that great hunk of metal, make a toothpick?" Shaking her head, allowing her small smile to grow slightly, she went on before he could answer, "I for one do not find the old epitaph to be true, 'Dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori.' Indeed, I should think it not good and proper at all to die on the alter of ones country if it can be avoided. Perhaps what the 'great enemy' does is merely cull the herd so that the strong only may survive."

Snickering a bit, she went on, "I should like to see the day the Nihlorn come for me, if a shadow yet exists in the world, I would find it to escape in. Why risk myself for so little reward?"

As she spoke Themis sent out trembling psychic 'feelers' to judge the emotions of those who gave their attention to her. On some she tasted eagerness, fear, but on none could she find the fervor of a zealot bent on self destruction to find their cause realized. Perhaps the party held merit.

Seance's little head held a confusing mixture of emotion, almost enough for two chippies of such a size. It made her smile. She paused before touching the mind of Necropost, but she had to try...

((if you could, all of you, say what it is that Themis felt on your next post that would be very helpful, many thanks unto you))

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Fate smiled to herself. These guys were all lone wolves. There was no way they could work together. And they was no chance of winning if they fought separately.

<<amusement>>
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Chamber hastily molded up a 2002 model semi-automatic. the last one he has ever seen. He thought to himself about those around him. the veteran seemed like any other thug on the street, but he knew that he was probably the most wise to trust. necropost leaned smugly and talked smugly, he was definitely a prime suspect for malice suspicion and he should take caution. seance and JD were quiet, and seem very unpredictable. best keep an eye on them especially since JD was currently comforting his necklace. he didn't worry about redd and Joe since he could easily turn them into cabinets if they turned on the group or were reprogrammed.

"here you go Vet. sorry it can't be a newer model, but this is the only one i know the workings of. i was also thinking... when one of those nihlhorn actually do get to us... how will we know what will kill them?"

He hands the gun to Veteran.

"here, i'll make a few rounds with the debris"

he makes exactly 142 live rounds with the gunpowder and copper shavings in the debris, and hands them in a bag to Veteran.

"that ought to do you for a while. for now, i'm gonna focus on how we can capture one of those nihlorn to study... we are seriously out of any outside information on these things."

your welcome

"Thank you sir." Seemed like a fair gun, this guy sure did have a nack of these things.

"So you think we really need one? OK then, if thats our plan."

The Vetran asked loudly, "Who here can get one of those things and bring it back here, for us to study. Any voluteers? Remember we need the thing alive."

Chamber glared at the masked girl and her disrespect. she was bound to have someone on her deathlist... but who would it be? necropost seemed like the obvious choice, but he would probably be killed by nihlorns in seconds... she wouldn't set him up as her prime target. she has a plan we aren't ready to understand. she has a bloodlust. he can sense it.

he regathered his thoughts to the priorities.

"no problem kid. and as for trapping, i suggest we have a recon man bring one to us. i and JD have all the qualifications to trap, and that masked girl looks intimidating enough to interrogate one, or better yet kill it."

your welcome

"If you need a distration I am your man, I just need to go up to one of those things, and shoot them in the face then run back, then someone trap them. They can't do anything to me so there no worry there, I just suggest someone tie a rope around me, so if I get captured you can just pull me back."

Seance was glad the helm/mask she wore covered her eyes. Her mouth she could keep straight but her eyes... they were another matter. Fifteen seconds in and they were startling to circle like sharks. And she was floundering.

"They will only respect strength. SHOW it to them, use what powers you have!"

This deal with Malfactus was getting worse all the time. He was encouraging her to do something she was loathe to do. Loathe and fearful. Still he had a point. The girl's right hand reached up and undid the clasps at her chest. The bindings around her left arm fluttered down and her arm shot back. As she extended her arm behind her it twisted and writhed until it became a massive scything blade, seemingly to large for the girl to wield with any dexterity...

In an instant she was before Necropost. The blade glimmering dimly in the low light was millimeters away from the man's throat. Beneath the mask Justice narrowed her eyes. She kept her voice steady.

"You'll listen to me because if we don't do something, every last one of us is dead or worse, and because if you don't, I will cut the smug look off your face. I may not know everything about these things, I may not know exactly how to fight them, but I'm sure I know some dead people who do!"

Necro grinned and held his hands up, he hadn't even gotten a chance to say anything to the sycophantic little worm that had knelt to him.

"Okay babe, whatever... It's cool. I was just testing you. So... you're into necromancy to eh? seems like we're playin' for the same team."

Damnable bitch... she might have to die yet.

Seance stepped back and let her arm return to normal, tucking against her chest and buckling it back up. She turned back to the rest of the group.

"Look, there's a LOT we can do, and few things that are priority. Chamber...is it? Yes, making this place more defensible is a good idea. We'll work on it. Now... here's a plan of the city,"

The girl laid the map out on the table for all to see as she began pointing out locations.

"We're located here, in one of the quarantine zones. They aren't touching this place yet, not heavily at least. They're still busy sweeping the more inner city zones, processing the people there and restructuring. I think we can give some security to the people if we can get the power in this section turned on. The Nihlorn control the Power Generators to this section of the city, but it looks like it's only a matter of clearing the plant out and turning things back on. Once we do that we'll have a better power source than a couple of rusty generators. If we manage to get ahold of any real technology, it'll need power."

She paused for a moment before moving on to another location.

"Here, this is their Processing Center for this location. Like I said this area isn't being scanned and they aren't rounding everyone up yet, so the Center is lightly guarded. If we can get some people in there, we should be able to get a better idea of what they're doing with all the people they capture and where they're holding them. Once we have that information, maybe we can rescue some people, MAYBE even get some help."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"Yes, I could." She said simply, with her version of modesty. "I could find a shadow to slip into in their compound, I could easily spy on them. Possibly I could separate one from the herd and lead it here, or to some other predetermined destination. I could pick them off one by one, if the shadows hold and I do not risk being found out."

Tapping her chin with a long red nail, she made a great fuss over considering her odds. "I think, perhaps it would be best to take out the lead man, like beheading a snake. You often find that even the most toxic of creatures lose their venom if they are without their fangs. We must find where their leader is kept, and I will make a quick job of him." She shrugged with a little giggle and said, "Problem solved."

Themis tried to maintain her modest smile, but as she finished speaking, failed to do so. She was quite proud of her abilities, and considered herself to be the most skilled present. Even as the thought formed she stole a quick glance at the Necromancer. He did make her uneasy...

The Lady glanced surreptitiously at the cloaked and hooded woman, more than passingly curious what she could find amusing in her own being. Almost she was tempted to probe deeper into her mind, if only to startle her with the parlor trick of telling the young woman what it was that she was thinking. Better not to take too many risks though. Without fuss she went to stand near the other masked lady, touching her mind briefly only to find her name. Fate. Amusing.

Seance was speaking, she brought up a plan. It seemed decent, what was he to complain he was only a soldier.

"Well Chamber, looks like we will work on that later, for now we got a mission."

He then turned to Seance, "So what do you suggest each of us do Miss?"

After not being able to talk Hawk left and went to talk to the masked girl."I'm not stupid I know who you are.Myreal question is if I'm on your list and if you plan to kill me while were fighting these creatures."He then turned for a second and said he could observe the center and find there blind spot for them.He then returned his focus to the masked woman.

[IMG][/IMG]

Seance had finally spoken. chamber perked his ears up and listened to her "go-getter", "no-nonsense" attitude. she no longer had that suspicious aura he sensed earlier, but he knew she would be trouble if you crossed her with the wrong set of words.

"nice plan, but we still don't know how exactly we can defend ourselves long enough to reach the power plant, and plus, do any of us have any idea how to start up a generator of that caliber!? i'm a physically inclined technician! and the only thing i can come up with is if JD used his personification on it, but even then it would be risky. lets learn a little more before we charge on in and take back this zone."

he leans at the edge of the table, as he pondered to their situation.

"hey vet... i like your idea of baiting out a nihlorn... sounds like a good plan... except, what if you get injured? we cant afford to lose anyone."

your welcome

Themis smiled in what she hoped was a well meaning and kind way, "My dear, I assure you, that for today, you are not on my list." With a brief pause to consider, she went on, "Not only that, I do not have your death on my mind." With a careless gesture, she touched the back of his hand with the tips of her fingers. "You taste of shattered innocence, I do not wish you harm."

"Chamber, I can't get injured. Worst case sernario, I lose my teeth, they take a few years to grow back. I am pretty much invincable. Want to test it out?"

Seance shook her head.

"Ugh, We don't have time to wait around playing doctor autopsy, but if you think it's that important that we get a body back to study, we can do that. Their forces are thin here, but I'm sure if a group of us went out we could find a patrol."

The girl strode purposefully to the door, stopping at the top step she turned back to the band of villains.

"So, any of you coming with me?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

With being touched Hawk's wings sprouted out.After noticing Hawk apologized and suck them back in.He then went to The Veteran and Chamber and said hello.

[IMG][/IMG]

chamber looked cynicially at him. he thought it was plain bullshit he was throwing his way.

"invincible? lets see!!!"

chamber pulls out his grappling hooks and begins to attempt to tear away at vet's arms. the blades begin to dull, and he backs away astonished as he resharpens his grappling hooks by re-molding.

"well! we have one tough son of a bitch on our hands! i think we have our man for the job."

your welcome

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast