Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NE: Malfactus's Lair (IC)

"They do not appear to have a blazing intellect, that is for certain." Themis smiled and disappeared in a flash of shadow, only to reappear behind an enemy. Speedily, and neatly, she thrust a dagger through the back of its head. Watching it slump to the ground, never having sensed her presence behind it before death, she said, "Below average human intelligence, obviously."

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Seance rose from her resting place.

"You all made it back! Great! I figured you wouldn;t bother coming back... I mean knowing there was a strike force on it's way to the warehouse. Which by the way, I think should be safe for a while. As for as the Nihlorn's know this place has been abandoned for weeks. And I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I think there may be more to meets the eye about our little clubhouse here. I can't tell for sure at the moment, just a... feeling."

Seance blinked as Themis disappeared again, "Hope it wasn't something I said. Oh we have a new guest!"

The girl moved to greet Dr. Fox. "I'm Justice Valentine, or Seance if you're into code names. As long as you aren;t with the Nihlorns we're happy to have you aboard!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

"Outsourcing is of lower quality," replied Mr. Redd, "Now come along." The job finished, Mr. Redd exited the warehouse, "Now.. wait. Which way was the lair?"

"Well Chamber I often get thrown around I lot around in battle, just something to add some weight."

"I disapparated to appear here as quickly as possible," Themis explained, blushing softly. "I don't know where we are. I was hoping you would."

Tapping her chin in thought, Themis looked around, chewing her lower lip in consternation.

"Wait! I left Gil at the lair, I can follow his mental signature back." she said triumphantly. Pointing vaguely northish, she said, "It's that way. I think."

Shoving her hands in her pocket she started off in the direction she had indicated, "I should have paid more attention to your location. I apologize for my lack of observance. I felt it urgent that I reach you as soon as possible, when I felt the distress in your mental signature. About that, why would I be able to sense you at all, giving the brevity of our... err... acquaintance?"

~~~

"A pleasure to meet you, Justice." Gil locked his nut brown eyes onto hers, "I am Doctor Gilbert Malachi, phd of genetic science and physicist extraordinaire at your service. My friends call me Gil, some others call me Dr. Fox, and others yet Dr. Frost..." he blinked rapidly, realizing he was rambling. "I suppose I am here as a medical consultant, but honestly I just followed Themis because she stated she would be helping you out for a while."

He had no idea why he made it so clear that his loyalty was with his friend and not the cause, but he was strangely glad that he had.

"I emit a sizable amount photons at lengths similar to that of a human's brainwaves," Mr. Redd put on his coat and hat, "Those more sensitive to that kind of thing find themselves influenced by my emotions."

Seance smiled, "Well it's not a glowing show of confidence to the human race as a whole... but for individuals, I guess that's something. We're glad to have you aboard Doctor. If you'd like to make yourself useful we DO have a Nihlorn corpse that could be checked out... see what you could determine. I mean.. I know we don't have proper lab equipment and all... Hey! If you can give us a list of what you need, we might be able to pick it up. Raid one of the hospitals or something?"

She paused, now SHE was rambling. She gave the doctor a moment to catch his breath before asking a more pertinent question.

"Do you have any like.. practical medical skills. I mean, I don't want to discount your field of study but... could you patch us up if we get into trouble out there?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"Of course." Gil said eagerly, explaining. "I was pre-med before specializing in genetics. A basic understanding of medical science is necessary for the field. I should be able to preform mild surgeries and tend most war wounds."

He thought for a moment before deciding to go on, "And as to the humane race, they called me a freak. Not a single person I knew before my accident was friendly with me afterward. They called me an animal. Why should I now risk my own life and limb to save them?" He shrugged, "I will help those worthy, I will help those directly in my path, but I won't endanger myself or my friends for an ungrateful bunch of freeloaders who won't help themselves."

He nodded to himself, feeling more secure in his beliefs, "And I will go out of my way to preserve knowledge."

"Doctor, knowledge won't survive if these things win... Yes, you've been hounded and hated because of your diferences, but who hasn't? I remember seeing copies of old newscasts from the late 70's where the government tried to have all of House Merlot brought up on witchcraft charges...sure the Grand Inquisitor was secretly behind it all, but people jumped aboard the bandwagon. Yet, people CAN be good and worthwhile... and if the Nihlorn win...there won't be anything good... or worthwhile left on this world!"

Seance wasn't sure why she was trying so hard to convince this guy that the human race was worthwhile, but it seemed important to her. Maybe they weren't ALL looking for redemption but Justice fervently hoped if they were successful in surviving, it would change some of these "villains" for the better.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

That fox dude, he seemed similar. There was something odd about him, and it seemed at times that he was staring directly at me. I hadn't given it much though up until now, when he mentioned he could treat war wounds. Could it be that old cracked up doc?

No it couldn't be, it can't be him, that impossible. I was just a test subject, there was no more of the potion for him. But then again he made it, but why was he a fox... and he didn't seem that immortal. Perhaps it just one of my fantasies, better just stop thinking about it.

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

"Something up?"Hawk asked Vet as he seemed to be thinking hard for a minute or two.
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

"Nothing for you to worry about Hawk, but something I was thinking about. I think I am wrong on the whoel thing anyway. So don't worry."

Gil shrugged, "Perhaps you are right. Perhaps no one is wrong. I believe that everything happens for a reason, it's what has kept me sane. I don't want the world to burn, but I am not equipped to fight fires either. I am a doctor, not a warrior.

"I can see why these people would do evil, I can see why those who do good feel compelled to do so." A sad smile crossed his pale face, "But I refrain from action unless circumstance forces my hand. It is simply my way. I will waffle, and avoid making decisions, but ultimately I will do what is necessary.

Shrugging again, he went on, "I don't know what sense of humor fate has, but she is a wicked temptress to give you powers of a darker persuasion yet push you to mold together a band of bad, bad people.

"The ancient Greeks had a myth regarding souls, are you interested in hearing a brief tale?"

Seance takes a chance to lean against the railing, she was still a little winded from the last soul she had used.

"Well, until Themis and Redd get back, I think we've got a little time for some R&R before we actually head out to get some more things done."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Chamber finally finished the armor designs and headed back to see vet.

"here you go vet. size just to fit!"

Chamber molds a little inscription on the right shoulder piece that reads "Price" in a small cursive font.

"And Seance, do you know any hospitals in this city that haven't been destroyed yet?"

your welcome

"Go outside,find metals and turn them into medical tools Chamber."

[IMG][/IMG]

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

"hawk, i cant create medical equipment beyond a bone saw. most medical equipment is made of glass or has computer operated boards. i don't know a thing about computers, much less would be able to mold one up."

Chamber knew that hawk was bound to be the most vulnerable in the group mentally and physicially, and understood why his powers fit him. He set his pistols down on the center table and leaned against the wall, waiting for a response from seance.

your welcome

Mr. Redd sighed as the red of dawn slowly covered him. That was the ticket. He felt whole again.

He saw the lair and gave a smile. Back at base.

"Sorry about that, folks, I thought I saw an old friend," Mr. Redd nodded to the villains as he entered.

"oh well i guess not Chambers."Hawk said while trying to see what chamber was thinking."wheres Themis when you need her."Hawk mumbled to himself.

[IMG][/IMG]

"Sure." Said Gil amiably, shrugging again. "Maybe some other time then, Justice. Enjoy your rest."

Eavesdropping unashamedly, Gil butted into the other conversation, "I have a full medical lab in my basement at home. Themis should be able to move it my shifting through shadows rather easily, one piece at a time."

"It's the perfect time Themis with the sun just going down it should be a piece of cake."Hawk replied to the somewhat eager Dr.Fox.

[IMG][/IMG]

The sun just rose

no it just set.

[IMG][/IMG]