Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NE: Malfactus's Lair (IC)

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

"no prob Vet."Lets see if the girls okay with it though.
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

"Robo-dude see anything interesting."

It had to be a dream. A nightmare. At any moment she would look down and realize she had no pants on. Fighting aliens naked seemed like a better option than what she was experiencing. The world was pain, and laughter, and hate. It hated her, and for no good reason. Simply because they are different, and they exist, it hated humanity. It was enjoying the mind lock, it knew what was happening, and it liked it.

So much better than you... it thought at her, So much greater is my race...ha ha haaaa... Puny, weak, vile, dispicable, loathsome... It didn't so much think the words, as feel it, radiating in great waves, like unto being gripped by an unsuspected eddy in a river and held under.

Themis struggled to control the flow of thought, to direct it toward something useful, but it ran rampant through her mind like a diseased current. Flashing on anger, hate, malice, and a loathing so deep that it was startling. Childhood mockery, adulthood failure, every sort of negative emotion took precidence. Images of it's homeworld, of the planets and places it had conquored staggered through her poor brain like a slide show gone horribly awry.

It seemed hours had passed inside the mind of the creature, but it had been mere seconds. She inserted a thought, and learned that it knew very little. No details on security, no great fund of knowledge on the weaknesses of the Nihlorn, for it thought they had none.

In the castes, the running order of things, the creature was very low level. Nearly a slave, disrespected, unloved, never cherished, no friends, failure, loathing... hating... hate hate hate hate HATE.

Riding the river of thought as best she could she explored the avenues of the alien mind and found it so different from a human's as could be possible and yet be used for the same function. Down, flickering in the depths, was a tender spark. It flashed so brightly, and she didn't like it. Gathering to her any shadow she could reach she sought merely to cloak the shining light with it, to dim it, so that she would no longer be forced to look at it. But as the first shadow touched the light, it seemed to be drunk in, and the creature gasped and shook in pain as the flare blinked out and it thought no more.

The entire process had taken no more than a few seconds. Jerking back, she released the now dead Nihlorn as quickly as she could, to avoid being sucked into the vortex of death. She thought for a moment that she felt a fluttering soul pass by as it exited the body.

"What a fanciful thought to have. How absurd. The alien could have nothing like a human soul." She muttered, rubbing her hands over the grime covered velvet of her dress, over and over and over again. Anything to get the feel of the creature's skin off her. "I'm sorry, but I think it must be dead." She said, though she wasn't really sorry at all. "It was an accident." Which it certainly was. "I really didn't mean to. There was a light and I didn't like it, so I sought to cover it, but it wasn't such a good plan as all that. I'm babbling. How rare, how unlike me. I can't seem to stop."

She was shivering uncontrollably, and she didn't feel well at all. As soon as the thought occured to her, she ran to the edge of the room and threw up. Emptying the contents of her stomach did not seem to help the shaking, and caused a throbbing pain to begin in the back of her head. The headache started to spread forward and before long a blinding pain was probing through her from head to foot.

"I never want to do that again, I don't think." She said to no one in particular. "That was a horrible way to kill someone. Knives are much better."

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

OOC:wow lol

"Calm down!"Hawk shouted seeing her shaking.

[IMG][/IMG]

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

"God... there's something here we weren't meant to know, i fear... hey Seance, can you channel this thing? if we can at least get a bit of info from it's disturbing mind, we might as well try."

Chamber lead Themis to a sleeping bag to rest off the mental onslaught she suffered. He set his sword by the generator and sat down by Redd.

your welcome

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

"Mmmmm, funny, you say it has no soul and yet you regret killing it," Mr. Redd interjected, "Perhaps it is more like a human than you think."

Suddenly, and without warning the head of the Nihlorn...popped. There was a loud bang and Themis and anyone nearby were showered with more glowing, stinking phosporescent alien goo. Now the Nihlorn was certainly dead.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"Fuck me.Damnit;is there a shower anywhere?"

[IMG][/IMG]

"Hawk someone need to teach you some manners."

Goes to get a blanket and tea, then give it to her.

Sorry;Themis are you okay?"

[IMG][/IMG]

Chamber steps outside to clean off his armor

your welcome

Hawk goes to a corner sprouts his wings to wipe himself off.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have no mouth. And I must scream. geromy's Avatar

sensors condition: IMPEDED
    run wipers.exe
    sensors: normal
    actions/noncombat/medical/autopsy on target <SlyphCorpse5>
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Running...
    Operation complete.

((OOC: Great Work Geromy... I'll post the Autopsy results of the SynthSoldier in the Discussion thread...probably tomorrow sometime!))
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Of a sudden, Themis found herself to be quite biddable. She went where Chamber lead without a bit of fuss and sat where he directed her to. Blinking rapidly, she tried to process the thoughts, memories and essence of the creature. Someone handed her a cup of tea and inquired after her health. She nodded absently, "Yes, I'm fine thank you."

The shivers began to subside, the pain to recede. Slowly, too slowly. She took a sip, and then another.

"It really was a beastly way to end a life, any life. Even one such as that." She replied to Redd, disgusted with herself. "But how was I to know what was in it's head? That wasn't justice, that was... Torture."

Standing, she walked over and tilted her head to the side as she examined the corpse minutely. She had no notion of what she expected to find from so close an inspection of it's facade. She couldn't begin to say why she did it. There was something off. She couldn't put a finger to it. The spark she had found, and extinguished, it seemed to be ticking in her head. The tick became louder as the pain disappeared.

"Ahem," she cleared her throat and began in a voice that only quivered slightly, "I believe there to be three lieutenant type Nihlorns and at least one even higher ranked along with five or six soldiers and about umm... more than 25 synths, stationed at the processing center. You understand, its very difficult to translate... It was... very angry. Very angry." She shuddered again, the tick-tock-tick was getting ever louder. "At least one higher up, yes. Big."

Then it exploded.

Goo covered her face. Hot goo. It was under her mask, over the mask, dripping down the low cut bodice of her dress. Steaming goo. Soaking every inch of her. She was too close to the source to avoid a thorough coating.

"How unusual." She managed to say, before running back to her corner to once more heave out everything she had eaten that day, and maybe a week or two before. She wretched until she couldn't, and then she wretched some more. It was quite possibly the worst experience of her life, or at least it felt that way at the moment.

When she could stand, she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and only managed to smear more of the goo around. Her vision swam, and somehow managing to control the urge to vomit more, she turned to say, in what she hoped was a very calm and forthwright manner, "That was unpleasant."

Shaking her head, she went on, "I don't think there is any going back from this. I didn't know what they were like. Before... I didn't know." She shivered again, she was being redundant and talking in circles, but she had no other way of expressing what she had felt in it's head. "They plan to completely farm us to nothing. No compromise, no mercy. It's... There is no going back. If anyone would care to join me I am going to my home to gather supplies and bring them back here to better create a fortification."

Shaking herself, she went on, "I need a shower and a change of clothing."

"I'm ready when you are.I'll bring a brown bag in case you need it."

[IMG][/IMG]

"Farm us all..."

"If this all goes south, what will happen to me?" He though to himself. The government was bad enough, but a totalitarian brutish civilization? All those years in that cell, he was lucky to escape and he knew it, they would never let that happen again. All those deaths... all those tests. It was difinite now, he would have to give it his all, or else it back to that.

Chamber rushes in and slams the door behind him.

"they're coming. i saw a shadowy being floating above the city, and it was getting closer. they tracked something we left behind in the city. we've got to move quickly!!! if we want to keep this sanctuary, we're gonna have to move, and move fast!"

Chamber took the corpse and tossed it outside. he then molded the car doors around it into an impenetrable sphere, so the approaching beings wouldn't find it.

"we need to leave no trace of us being here! clean yourselves as best you can, we've gotta get out, pronto!"

Chamber grabs his sword.

"we're going to Themis's house."

Chamber turned off the generator, and they left the warehouse to escape the overwhelming force looking for them.

your welcome

OOC:shouldn't we wait for qoorl's decision or did he say we could?

[IMG][/IMG]

OOC: based on her last post, he PM'd her. i just gave a more potent reason behind it. it also leaves room for open scavenging

your welcome

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OOC: If you want some action, Pants, go to the scavenge thread.Otherwise we should wait for Qoorl.

OCC: yeah its late

"That seems to be most prudent, but I must inform you that my home is... in a residential neighborhood." Themis said, "It's in Hightown."

Snatching her bag off the table she stomped (as much as her heels would allow) toward the front door. "I'm an attorney, it's in a gated community. It hasn't been penetrated yet. There is power, and running hot water. I am ...was... a prosecutor with the Distract Attorney."

For a moment, the delicate features of her face looked lost, her eyes far off, "I guess I am not any more. Not that. But it will be safer than here. For now."

"So are we off"

[IMG][/IMG]

(It's a good twist, if Pirates taught us anything, it's roll with the punches, they can lead you down interesting paths. Roll with it, people. )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast