Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NE: Mission 1a. The Corpse Gatherers ((IC))

Default NE: Mission 1a. The Corpse Gatherers ((IC))

The team stepped out onto the streets. For the most part, the city was dark here, and it was deserted. Somewhere out in the distance though, Hawk had apparently spotted a lone Nihlorn. Seance didn't like the sound of that. From what she had heard and seen, they always traveled these quarantine zones in packs. It smelled like a trap. Still, here team was strong and if they were lucky they'd be successful in eliminating at least one member of the Alien menance tonight.

"Okay Hawk, Lead the way."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

After a few building jumping they caught up to them."Chamber use your magic to shut his mouth and trap him."Hawk ordered.
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

The single Nihlorn stood in the middle of the street, beneath the light of bright lamp post. It's movements were stiff and it seemed to scan the air from time to time, as if searching for something.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Chamber smirked at Hawks likable cockiness.

"on it boss."

Chamber then molded the steel lining off a building near by and created a capsule-like encasing over the unsuspecting alien. he molded static tentacles to hold the live alien, and keep it from wriggling out of the steel cage.

"well, well, well... look at our little slime-coated abomination! hey Vet, put a couple bullets in it. see if they do anything."

your welcome

"Wait,keep this a stealth mission."Hawk whispered.

[IMG][/IMG]

Fate, choosing to remain in the shadows, hissed to herself.

This is obviously going to go badly. The alien's expecting something. Why am I even following these guys?

But she knew the answer already. They were the only chance of beating these aliens.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Woosh!

The others seemed to stamper out of there so quickly. "Dam I need to work on my agility" the Veteran though to himself. He just walked to the scene, he saw the beast and looked around everyone seemed to be plotting something. Hawk looked like he had a good one. So the Veteran casually walked up to the thing. The Veteran apporaches the beast shooting some rounds at it and in the air, getting its attention. The Veteran then gots blasted and, falls to the ground.

Getting back up he says "That tickled." Then backs up slowly, towards the Hawk.

"Ok Hawk you got this."

As the metal folded and the veteran's shot hit the Nihlorn, the light from the lamp post went out. Not like an electrical shortage but it sort of wavered, like a mirage, in fact the Nihlorn itself seemed to distort a bit as the metal sealed it off. Suddenly Seance realized something... there was no power on this block, why would a lamp post be lit.

"It's a trap!" the girl yelled as the real creature faded into view around them. There were five of them. One actual Nihlorn and four of the ceramic and flesh SynthSoldiers, their skeletal visages grinning maniacally. The enemy brought it's weapons to bare on the team.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"I know your their Fate."Hawk remarked;I can see every degree at any time."

[IMG][/IMG]

"Hawk, Seance is into necromancy from what i've overheard. if it dies, we know they are easily killed with weaponry, plus she can talk to it from the damned and get more information about the race and their hierarchy. if it lives, we take it to themis. she can get any info out of anything she damn well wants, plus she is apparently multi-lingual, so we can communicate with it."

Chamber looks at Seance with confidence.

"well? what do you think?"

OOC: this was written before i knew about the trap post lmao! i'll get to that one

your welcome

"Not Now, Chamber! First we survive this!" The girl shouted leaping to the side as the SynthSoldiers fired their weapons into the group. The Nihlorn hung back for a moment, as if studying it's prey Hawk's blades cut deeply but the SynthSoldier's were tougher than they looked. After a brief moment of intense combat he managed to hack one down, once it's chest was pierced, the light went out of it's eyes and it slumped to it's knees before pitching forward. The others were still attacking!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Fate grabbed her cards, and flung them as fast as she could at the nearest robot thing with her mind. A few stuck, but none to them reached their target. She whipped out her quarterstaff, driving it deep into the skull of the robot. Their was a satisfying spark, and the robot stopped moving.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

chamber took out his grappling hooks and threw one at 2 of the synth soldiers. he caught one by the neck and one by the waist. he molded the hooks into pendulum blades and ripped the beings asunder. the one with the wounded neck was still shuffling about with maddening speed.

"well Hawk, you are definitely right about the waists!"

Chamber takes the metal from the casing earlier and traps 2 of the synth soldiers, just leaving the nihlorn active.

your welcome

"Damnit Chamber trap them!"Hawk said as he sprouted his wings and readied a feather to fight."Their waist is a weak spot"Hawk yelled.

[IMG][/IMG]

"Well why not?" said the Veteran.

He then charged the monsters, shooting multiple rounds at there waist, as Hawk suggested. While it not an instant kill, it sure does hurt them. Saddly, the Veteran keeps on getting hit and then flung back before he gets at close range. At least he is making a diversion.

I have no mouth. And I must scream. geromy's Avatar

run
    actions/combat/arm/left/punch
    target <nihlorn>
    running...
    operation successful
    examine target <nihlorn>
    target <nihlorn> status: staggered

((Is it okay if I do posts like this? It kind of makes sense from a robots perspective.))

"We don't need them all Hawk, for now we worry abo..."

Again he was hit by a blast, dam those things sure pack a punch.

"hawk, all i got to trap the nihlorn is my hooks, and i cant make them into a suitable cage!!!"

Chamber said furiously.

"hawk, vet, bait it in the abandoned automotives shop down the street! i can trap him there!!!"

your welcome

Seeing Vet get hit hawk goes after the one that hit him and slahes at his waist to the point of decapitation then is hit by another.

[IMG][/IMG]

The SynthSoldiers were being cut down and miraculously no one had been hit by their blast yet. Seance continued dodging, keeping her eye on the Nihlorn, he was likely the biggest threat. The Synth that Fate had stabbed through the head had stopped, but after a moment it returned to it's feet. The faceplace was shattered showing very human optics and nerves but the rest of the inside seemed to be mechanics. It lunged for her, sweeping the blade on the end of it's gun at her. The Synth's that had had their chest pierced, if any looked were definately nonfunctional, a close observation...under the chest plate would give a better reason why.

The Nihlorn at last made it's move. It staggered back as it was attacked by the robot, but regained its footing quickly. It aimed one hand, ending in some sort of port at Chamber and ray shot out, not reaching him, but dissolving the ropes of his grapnels, it's other arm shot skyward, sending up a blinding blue white flash into the air.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"Damn."Hawk recovers in the air and gets ready to help bait one with Vet.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Veteran walks towards the old automotive shop, shooting the whole way. The monster is intised and goes towards him.

"Ok Chamber do your thing."

((ooc: and Geromy, actually it;s a neat concept. I like it, keep it))
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

As the light goes up Hawk Throws a feather at another Synth and tells everyone to stop that flare.

[IMG][/IMG]

Chamber grabbed the pendulums left from his effort earlier and molded them back into hooks. he now needed new ropes if he was to mold things airborne or on a higher level.

"That fucking alien! get him in the auto shop guys. i'll get my ropes back if it means using this monster's intestines."

your welcome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast