Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ne: Mission 1b. Flight or Fight ((IC))

Default Ne: Mission 1b. Flight or Fight ((IC))

((This one's on you guys... go out to Themis's place, avoid patrols, get in, get what you need before Seance tries to contact you again. Caution though, Hightown is HEAVILY patrolled. I'll put in a bit of narration now and again if you need it!))
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

OCC: wait what?

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

OOC:lets go!Let keke start it off we're in her car.
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Well now we have an official thread. I suppose you could just use the scavenging thread if you find anything

Mr. Redd was not one to wait. Already he could hear the droning sounds of sentry ships heading to their location. He pulled himself out of the space between the front seats.

"Get outta the way, I'm programmed with top-end driving skills."

And with that they were off as fast as the gigantic Escalade could take them. One corner, two corners, SYNTH.

In spite of the green substance covering the windshield Mr. Redd turned on the wipers and kept driving.

"I'll look ahead of the road and warn you of any Synth with my high-focused eyes."

[IMG][/IMG]

Another corner was turned. And another. And a pot hole.

BLAM. The left rear tire popped. Mr. Redd suddenly found the steering wheel he had been gripping burst through his photonic influence. "Fuck."

The Escalade slammed into the side of a warehouse and came to a stop. Smoke was pouring out of the now damaged engine. Mr. Redd looked around at his dizzy passengers.

"We may need to walk."

"watever,as long as we arn't noticed by a Nilhorn." Hawk said as he continued walking according to the dirrections Themis had given them.

[IMG][/IMG]

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

"I can probably fix this engine, but the tire is another story..."

Chamber stepped out of the car.

"so, whats the quickest way to your place now, themis?"

your welcome

"She told that robot dirrections so he could probably use an inside gpa to find out."

[IMG][/IMG]

As soon as she was appropriated to the floor between the front seats, in the space formerly occupied by the red man, Themis felt a tightness begin to form in her chest. She was in her own car, careening down a once nice boulevard toward her own private home, with a band of misfits. They were closed in with her, in such a small space, and she could feel their excitement pressing against her. If she concentrated too hard, she thought she might be able to feel every misdeed ever committed hovering in the air of the SUV.

Breathe, just breathe, she advised herself.

When the vehicle took damage, she couldn't stir herself to care much. It was only a source of transportation, and she was physically fine. Instead, she wordlessly went to the back and opened the compartment that normally held a spare tire, and began removing weapons. A mini uzi, two clips, two 9mm hand guns in their holsters, a long leather strap fitted with many sheaths full of throwing daggers. Ammo. Lots of ammo. She was positively draped with weaponry when she finished.

"It's alright. I only live right up the street." She said calmly. "Gil will have a vehicle we can appropriate. He is my landlord."

Without checking to see if they were following, she walked north the half block to her house.

It was not unlike any other townhouse in the better part of town, red brick, with a bright flower garden out front and roses crawling up the side of the house. Around the back was a set of black cast iron steps that lead up toward the door to her apartment.

[More to come in the next few minutes. I thought I'd give you time to raid the weapons cache and follow along before entering the home. I'll add a bit of description and introduce Gil in my next post.]

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

"Lovely home for a villian Themis."Hawk said jokidly.

[IMG][/IMG]

Chamber picks up a peice of rope sitting outside of an empty house along the walk.

"well! what a godsend!"

He cuts the rope in half and ties each to his grappling hooks.

"i'm back to standards! oh yeah!"

your welcome

The Veteran rides in the car. Which was very uneventful.

Themis hadn't bothered to lock the door when she left. What was the point? Little locks did practically nothing to keep out someone determined to break and enter in their current world.

The first room entered was a tastefully decorated living room made up of dark, rich colors. The hardwood floors gleamed with polish, not a single item was out of place. On the couch a small white fox was curled asleep. When they entered it sat up and blinked at them with interest.

"Hello Malachi." Themis said, with a little wave to the fox.

The area was elegant, expensive, and utterly generic. The framed pictures on the mantle were of landscapes or flowers, no smiling faces of friends or family looked back at an observer. From room to room, there was no personality, almost as though the decorator had no idea of self, and so failed to impart any into the space. It was all appropriate, even attractive, but missing some spark that would make it personable, make it home.

"Make yourself comfortable." Themis said with a tiny smile and a sweeping flourish of her pale hands. "What is mine is yours. Eat if you like, clean up in the guest bathroom, do what you will."

Themis disappeared through a doorway which opened into a small, well stocked but unused kitchenette, with an equally disused dark wood dining table. A short hall lead to a study with walls lined with law books, a cheerful yellow guest bathroom, and an immaculately clean white bedroom and adjoining white master bathroom.

At the end of the hall was a heavy steel door with a keypad to one side. Themis punched in a number and pressed her thumb to the scanner then entered the room. The walls of the long, narrow room were lined with well over a hundred masks, each unique. Some were plain, some gaudy, some decorated elaborately, and others quite minimalistic. Every color of the rainbow was represented in the collection, but most here not clean. Some were speckled with red dried to a near black, and others were more red than whatever color they were supposed to be. Each represented one of her righteous kills.

Grey metal toolchests stood against all the walls, each containing tools of her trade: any thing that caught her fancy and could be quietly mail-ordered. Grenades, smoke bombs, stink bombs, knives, swords, guns, ammunition, holsters, bags, backpacks, draw-string sacks.

Lovingly, Themis ran her hands over the contents of each drawer she opened, caressing a garrote, sliding a nail down the blade of a knife in an intimate fashion, touching lightly the trigger of a favorite gun.

Without a fuss she removed her small black half-mask and placed it on a hook on the wall. She had killed wearing it, and so it had to be retired. She couldn't stand to wear it any longer.

Quite purposefully she avoided making eye contact, or noticing the reaction her unmasked face elicited. (She was pretty, but not a stunner. Nothing to write home about, though one might take a second look if they saw her walking down the street. Her amber eyes were really her best feature, and they could be seen while she was wearing the mask.)

Wordlessly she opened the last toolchest in the row and withdrew a simple white mask with gold stars decorating it. Carrying it under one arm she said to no one in particular, "I am going to go get cleaned up. Take what you can carry, most of this should be brought back to the warehouse I suppose."

The little fox trotted after her when she disappeared into her bedroom, locking the door behind her.

"I came to help protect anybody while they were to travel.I also have no right to use whatever is hers."Hawk said.Then he decided to sit where the fox was previously sleeping.

[IMG][/IMG]

Chamber found some rope in the draw-string bag, and he tied it around his waist.

"now I wont have that problem again. thanks for the hospitality and rope themis!"

Chamber took to the kitchen and began rummaging around for some sustenance. He found a half-eaten loaf of bread, some spices, some canned tuna, and some lettuce.

"tuna sandwich anyone? i'm starving, personally."

your welcome

Mr. Redd was not a sleeper. He did not sleep. He wished he could sleep, long nights got boring. Still, the night was his.

He gazed over at those with him.

There was Themis, the mysterious girl. Poor girl, needing loopholes for her own psychology. He had once done a study on Themis, in investigation of Colonel Geiffrey's assassination. An interesting kill list, and interesting girl. But just average on some of the more vulgar villains he's looked over.

Joel D. Price was once a Man of Interest for General Car's insurgents. An odd fellow, he always showed up in random reports. Mr. Metal, they called him at SAIC. Redd never really got involved with Chambers, he had string convictions but standards that caused him to mostly be of little use.

Hawk had come up in a few investigations, mostly petty thefts and raids. Most folks never did see him much, but then again nobody placed much interest in him. A wild card.

Roboboy was there. Mr. Redd had a liking for the fellow goon. If only SJ had also pre-programmed personality traits.

Mark was there. Or "Vetran" as he called himself. Mr. Redd sighed. What a poorly chosen name for such an interesting fellow. They had a history together. Had some interesting powers, but was never the brightest bulb on the tree. He practically drowned himself half the time.

The man they were staying with now had been the target of many investigations. Dr. Gilbert Malachi was an object of frustration for many groups. He would never fight. Redd had a standing respect for Dr. Fox, he was a man with true character.

And who were those two back at the lair? Loner boy and ghost girl? Mr. Redd had heard of neither. He saw a gleaming potential in both. These were the kinds of people he usually was paid to stalk.

He smirked with his non-existent lips and stood at the window, watching for attackers.

As Hawk waited and waited he called for Themis to have a private talk with him.

[IMG][/IMG]

"Naw, I haven't eaten in ages, I find if I eat I will want more, food is almost as adictive as heroine. And I don't need it so don't waste."

Inside her bedroom, safe behind a locked door, Themis piled her weapons on the bed and began removing her gunk covered clothing in an unselfconscious manner. "You can come out now."

With a wet, glopping sound, the fox slide into a human being. Bones popped, ligaments made a slapping sound, fur flowed to skin. It was an altogether unpleasant show, and she could only imagine that it was an even more uncomfortable experience to feel.

Gil stood around 5'2", with the soft brown eyes of a fox and white hair down to his shoulders. His eyebrows, lashes and body hair were snow colored, and his skin remarkably pale. When he smiled, he showed the sharp little teeth of a fox. His long thing hands were fine boned and delicate looking, as was the rest of him.

"Are you sure I shouldn't continue to play the pet?" Gil whispered nervously, eying the door as though he expected to be rushed and attacked at any second. He hissed,"Why did you bring them back here?"

In as few words as possible, Themis explained what had happened as she showered.

"Wow," was all Gil could manage to reply. He was never one for long speeches, but even for Kitty he thought that was a remarkable night. Gil dressed as quickly as possible in a pair of Kitty's jeans and a black t-shirt. He couldn't wear her shoes. It was lucky for him that they were around the same height and size, for he would surely hate to walk through the crowd and down to his own apartment in his all-together.

Themis scrubbed and washed and scrubbed some more. She washed her hair three times and still felt covered in Nihlorn. She scrubbed until her skin was pink and the water ran cold. When she finished, she dressed in an outfit not unlike Gil's: Black jeans, black t-shirt, black leather lace up boots with kitten heels. She braided her still-wet hair and placed the white mask on her un-made-up face.

She strapped two hand guns on in over the shoulder holsters, a long thin blade went down the center of her back in a custom sheath, and three knives were sheathed on each thigh. The strap of throwing daggers slanted across her chest and a garrote was hidden in her hair.

"Listen, Gil, I am going to be gone awhile." She said, with a smile as she dressed. "So please keep an eye on the place for me. Water the roses, they like wet feet. Don't get eaten by any Nihlorns either. I'll check in on you if I can. Leave a light off for me."

"I'm going with you." Gil said, eyes on his own bare feet, shifting restlessly.

"No you aren't, it won't be safe. You'll be safer here."

"Kitty, I'm afraid to live on my own, it won't be safer here. I know it." He said. Sticking his chin out stubbornly, he went on, "I can't stay here by myself."

"That's fine dear, you run downstairs and pack a bag." She said, smiling as sweetly as she could manage. "Go on, shoo."

"I'm not stupid, Kitty. You'll leave without me if I do." He scuffed his bare feet on the carpet and glanced at her from beneath his lashes. "I just really wish you'd let me get some shoes without abandoning me."

"Don't be dramatic." She said exasperated. "Get your shoes, I won't leave you behind. My word on it."

With a sudden smile, Gil was a most attractive man, his thin pointed fox-like face glowed with happiness that he wouldn't be left behind. He ran a hand through his softly curling white hair and hugged her.

Like a happy puppy, Themis thought, smiling. Then more seriously, God save us all.

As her smile faded, so did his, and he let her go. "Will you go with me?"

"We can stop to pack you a bag before we leave. We'll have to take your truck." Themis said as she packed two pairs of jeans, four shirts, six pairs of socks and underthings, and an extra pair of tennis shoes in a backpack. On a whim she threw in a little black dress and some slinky heels. It never hurt to be prepared. Toiletries and make up, toothpaste, brush, and she was done. The bag bulged.

"They won't all fit." Gil said, and she blinked in confusion, then remembered the size of his truck.

"Pile people in the back and throw a tarp over them or something. I don't know." Themis shrugged, "We'll make it work. We have to."

Flinging open her bedroom door, she went into the equipment room with Gil on her heels and packed a long black bag. In went a high-powered sniper rifle and rounds, more knives, grenades, ammo, holy water, and silver bullets, lead bullets, home-made mercury filled bullets. And masks. All that she had on hand. She had a feeling that she would be killing. A lot.

Her hand hovered over a long, thin cylinder grenade. She seemed to think about it before throwing them into the bag.

As she did so, fear began to radiate off Gil in sickening waves. She eyed him for a moment before deciding to ask, "Why does it scare you that I packed the phosphorous grenades? You don't like it that I am willing to use them?"

"Not that you are willing to use them... That you are willing to use them again." He swallowed and tried to work past the lump of solid fear that was flopping around in his abdomen like a landed fish. "The last time you used one, you said it burned him alive. You said it was torture, not justice."

Just then, Hawk called to ask if he could have a word with Themis in private. She was glad to be rescued from the judgment she thought she made out in Gil's eyes. She wanted his approval, and he didn't approve of the grenades. Still, she didn't take them from the bag. Instead she zipped it up and carried it into her study.

"Sure Hawk, come on in and close the door." She called from her study, sitting behind her desk.

"I'll take a sammich." Said Gil as he walked into the kitchen, trying to smile. Trying not to think about the grenades. "Who doesn't love tuna? Oh, I'm Gil by the way. Err, Dr. Fox, I guess you could call me. I don't know how these things go."

(sorry its so long, be back in a few hours)

Chamber hands the short, puzzling man a spiced tuna sandwich.

"I'm Joel, but you can call me Chamber if you like. anyone else want one of these? we have enough bread for another 3 sandwiches, and enough tuna for a week!"

your welcome

"hello."Hawk said as dr.Fox left and shut the door."where's the mask?"Hawk said tto Themis trying not to tear up.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have no mouth. And I must scream. geromy's Avatar

primary function override
    update current firmware
    Downloading...
    firmware update files downloaded
    update now?

y/n
    prepare for shutdown

-----------------------

"The black one? It's in the equipment room." Themis said calmly, hands folded in front of her. Gesturing to the white mask with gold stars on her face, she said, "I'm wearing this one now."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast