Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smogon has banned Blaziken

-Slowbro
    -Starmie
    -Azumarill

3 counters right there, some worse pokemon don't even have that many.

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Starmie is OHKO'd by Stone Edge (and Flare Blitz will take a massive chunk out of it too). Azumarill takes more then 60% by Stone Edge/High Jump Kick. Try again, Kirby.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

A defensive starmie is not 1HKOed. And it comes down to prediction, but most good pokemon do. If a Sceptile comes in on your hiddowdon, you can choose to switch out fearing a grass attack, hit it with an ice fang if it trys to sowrds dance up or something or, set up rocks then come in on a check. All of these are still options for Blaziken.

Why was Blaziken banned? Like, what was added that made him Uber?
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Speed boost, so he can't be countered via staight up speed.

Defensive Starmie?

Seriously?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

They exist, fool.

Seems gimmicky to me. And besides, after two speed boosts, Combusken outspeeds Starmie and kills it anyway. Even if it a *snigger* Defensive set.

Albert Einstein

What does that matter if it outspeed it, it can't do anything to Starmie, it just dies to a surf.

Yeah, it's not like Blaziken has Stone Edge on it or anything. Because otherwise you'd just look like an idiot.

Albert Einstein

Earthquake fails to 1HKO with swords dance and life orb.

But it's a 2HKO, and Blaziken outspeeds Starmie after a Speed Boost.

herp derp

Albert Einstein

What does that matter? It dies from a surf.

Jolteon is 2HKO'd by Gyarados' Waterfall. Are you suggesting Jolteon is a counter to Gyarados?

Albert Einstein

Registered Users Regular

Wouldn't Jolteon be able to do 4x damage against Gyrados, a Water-Flying Type, with an Electric Type move like Thunder etc? I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRaven View Post
    Jolteon is 2HKO'd by Gyarados' Waterfall. Are you suggesting Jolteon is a counter to Gyarados?
    Not the best one, but it is indeed a check to gyrados is needed.

A check, not a counter. Starmie (and only if it's defensive, which the vast majority are NOT) is a check to Blaziken, certainly not a counter. Same goes for Azumarill. The only hard counter you've listed is Slowbro, which is rarely seen in OU.

Now do you see?

Albert Einstein

Azumarrill and Slowbro are common OU pokemon these days.

Uh huh. Sure.

So, two checks and one, count, ONE counter. Yep, totally shouldn't be banned.

Albert Einstein

Man I hate to tell you, but any good pokemon is like that.

...like?

Albert Einstein

Salamence? What countered that after a few dragon dances? But banning it was deemed fucking retarded by PD standards.

Ice Shard from anything? You can also argue that any poke is unstoppable after getting boosts, not just Salamence.

Besides, the DD set isn't what got Salamence banned, it was MixMence, which required no setup at all and still put a dent in almost anything.

Also, most of the people I've talked to have agreed with the Salamence ban.

Albert Einstein

Also, Azumarill is OHKO'd ~20% of the time after LO Jolly HJK and Stealth Rocks, UNBOOSTED. Oops.

Albert Einstein

And is KO'd ~80% of the time from LO Adamant HJK after Stealth Rocks, UNBOOSTED. Double oops.

Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast