Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smogon has banned Blaziken

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Slowbro's not OU.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

now that i think about it, blaze is already uber, so the final decision is made. in OU, its still a useful counter for the abundance of chlorophyllites and rain abuse sets (besides the occasional thunder, which wont OHKO it). not to mention that it works offensively and defensively and can be mixed in sweep strategies.

altaria is definitely MUCH more useful this gen, and i think it could be pushed to MU if we analyzed it

PS: i usually spin as a lead. its rare that i get more than 1 rocks user

your welcome

Maybe we should just leave it at that. Everyone has their opinions (and voice them quite strongly) and nothing we say is going to change the decision made by our Smogon overlords.

Also, after checking Altaria out, I can say it is quite definitely looking awesome. Cotton Guard + Roost? WIN!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

cotton guard is probably the 2nd best booster in the game.

your welcome

I'm assuming Quiver Dance is the best?

Albert Einstein

that or shell smash

your welcome

I see Slowbro on about once or twice, every 10 teams I fight. Thats seems OU to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRaven View Post
    But all of this is pretty much moot anyway, as Slowbro is in UU. I don't care if you use it, or if you've seen anyone use it, it's in UU, and by definition won't find as much play in OU as in UU.
    Prove it's in OU.
    Last edited by ShadowRaven; 04-11-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Albert Einstein

yo its used in OU

a lot

that makes is OVER USED

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRaven View Post
    But all of this is pretty much moot anyway, as Slowbro is in UU. I don't care if you use it, or if you've seen anyone use it, it's in UU, and by definition won't find as much play in OU as in UU.
    Point me to something official and I might believe you.

Albert Einstein

shadow, OU literally means "Over Used". it brings me back to a point i made months ago that usage vs. function is not a factor in ratings anymore because they dont know the difference.

they try and force using a set comprised of the 50-65 OU pokes, limiting the strategies and creating a league of finding which of those pokemon work the best on one another without taking any other outside factors into account.

they have yet to explore 80% of the eviolet pokes, and they definitely ignore cloud nine/Air Lock, even though weather rules OU/Ubers, no question.

Off Topic:

oh, and i still think clefable should be BL because of its overall usefulness and its over-abundance in UU. i see no reason why to keep it out with the current set MU/BL's around

your welcome

Cefable was not overabundant in UU.

i saw it all the fucking time

your welcome

Haha, Kirbx getting a taste of his own medicine.

Albert Einstein

Really? I doubt its that good, but I could be wrong.

And slowbro is OU moron, go away no one likes you and your facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Really? I doubt its that good, but I could be wrong.

And slowbro is OU moron, go away no one likes you and your facts.
    I apologise if I completely raped your argument with the truth, Kirbx ol' lad. But the truth hurts sometimes.

Albert Einstein

You still haven't faces the Gyrados and Salamence.

Stone Edge. Even if they switch in on a High Jump Kick or something it's a 2HKO. A OHKO after certain boosts too. I would present the damage calcs, but the Smogon website seems to have taken a dump and impaled itself.

Albert Einstein

thank god

watch you be a mod or some shit there

Again, sorry for completely dismantling your argument and proving how powerful this fire chicken really is.

Albert Einstein

Registered Users Regular

Haha. I liked watching this argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

or the record, I really didn't know what I was talking about, excuse my moronicness

Latios this needs to be banned though, but I have bigger issues with the current tiers

-Wobuffet: switch into wobbuffet with your own wobuffet. have fun
    -Garchomp: sure. evasion in OU sand plus its monstrous stats and genuinely hard to counter type give it too big of a nudge and throws it up on the uber shelf.
    -Latios: draco meteor specs. do i even have to say more?
    -Deoxys-D: really? this thing? this is countered by numerous UU's. why is it even being tested?
    -Deoxys-S: again, countered by those same UU's. seriously deoxys. only your attack forme is uber at this point.
    -Kyurem: stealth rocks. scizor. ferrothorn. forretress. volcarona. does this thing have any MORE checks that it needs to fill to be considered OU? it seems like its perfectly fine in OU and shouldn't me moved where its big bros kyurem white and black hang.

well, that's my take on it.

your welcome

all Doexys forms are banned now BTW

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234