Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smogon has banned Blaziken

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Also, something you seem to be missing, no matter how hard I try and tell you:

Did you forget that a counter needs to be able to switch in? If Azumarill switches in on HJK, it's dead. I'm not questioning that it's a great check and maybe even a decent counter but 'best counter in existence' is a little strong for something that is OHKO'd by an attack that every single Blaziken will use. It's a bit like saying 'Gengar is the best Lucario counter in existence' ... It's obviously a lie because if Gengar switches in on the wrong move he's dead.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Azumarill is a check, and a dam good one, unless you got a Vaporeon or someshit, whatever counter you got for it is taking masive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Azumarill is a check, and a dam good one, unless you got a Vaporeon or someshit, whatever counter you got for it is taking masive damage.
    And that's why Blaziken is banned.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

I was talking about Azumarill.

Unless your suggesting the banning of Azumarill too.

Oh shit, I. Almost. Forgot.

DROUGHT. SUNNY DAY.

Uh oh, now Blaziken's water weakness is gone! Azumarill, Starmie and Slowbro no longer OHKO? Oh dear, we're really fucked now...

But maybe they're not running a Sunny Day team. It's not like Blaziken has Swords Dance or anything. Right?

...riiiiight?

Albert Einstein

Unless your suggesting the banning of Azumarill too.
    What? Where did I imply that? Azumarill is barely OU worthy, and is countered by quite a few pokes (COUNTER being the key word here, not CHECKS).

Albert Einstein

Sunny day teams get raped by other weathers 70% of the time.

True, but that's not what we're talking about now, is it?

Azumarill is a check to Blaziken, and a damn good one too. But as a counter, well...it just isn't. Even at 100% health, it'll get OHKO'd in so many situations, it really only works if you get a free switch-in. Which means, in order to stop a Blaziken sweep, someone on your team is going down. And what do you think Blaziken is gonna do once Azumarill switches in? Flee the fuck out of there, only to reappear later in the match either when Azumarill is still alive, which case you'll need to sacrafice something else AGAIN to force a switch, or be faced with a Blaziken without Azumarill, in which case...uh oh...

Albert Einstein

OH SHITBALLZ I JUST REALISED

Guess who learns Shadow Claw? That's right...so now Starmie and Slowbro are OHKO'd, regardless of whether they're some gay Defensive Starmie (?!) or not. So once again, I have proven that Blaziken has absolutely no counters, and ONE very, very shaky check, and that's provided you fodder one poke to get a free switch in.

Does Blaziken being banned seem retarded now?
    Last edited by ShadowRaven; 04-10-2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Kirbx is a moron.

Albert Einstein

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

golduck

your welcome

altaria DW

your welcome

CLOUD NINE WON'T SAVE YOU

YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS

Albert Einstein

It forced to have a movepool like this:

-flare blitz
    -hi jump kick
    -swords dance
    -protect

Yes it can run other moves, but that means losing out on that vital protect and swords dance. And slowbro laughs off any shadow claw.

altaria still counters it completely and in every single fuckin' way

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRaven View Post
    OH SHITBALLZ I JUST REALISED

Guess who learns Shadow Claw? That's right...so now Starmie and Slowbro are OHKO'd, regardless of whether they're some gay Defensive Starmie (?!) or not. So once again, I have proven that Blaziken has absolutely no counters, and ONE very, very shaky check, and that's provided you fodder one poke to get a free switch in.

Does Blaziken being banned seem retarded now?
    ...are you serious? you cant list off random moves blaziken can learn and use it as an excuse to prove its INVINCIBILITY. unless black and white brought out a ten move expansion to blaziken or introduced a move that can REPLACE one of your moves with one of your choice youre not going to find a single one in any match that doesnt have at least one counter. its a damn good pokemon and can sweep several teams, but so can countless other pokes in ou and blaziken at least isnt untouchable in the slightest. if youre any good at the game youre bound to have at least one pokemon that can, at the very least, give it a hard time. the only reasons its used by so many people in the metagame is because of its versatility and not because, as far as stats are concerned, its anything special in ou; right off the bat i can name at least five pokemon that have higher base stats and arent classified as uber. i dont see why blaziken is.

although i havent played pokemon competitively in almost two years so nyeeaaaahhh.

The One That Never Was beasthaxorus's Avatar

like mayby Milotic?
    it always seems imposible until it's done-nelson mandella

a house divided agaisnt itself cannot stand-abraham lincoln

gotta catch'em all-pokemon

[IMG][/IMG]

As does Dragonite and Salamence. And with Salamence: ohs noes I lost my dragon dance.

Same with Gyrados.

altaria has duck cloud, its just fucked over mr. blazykin

your welcome

Oh, boy...

It forced to have a movepool like this:

-flare blitz
    -hi jump kick
    -swords dance
    -protect

Yes it can run other moves, but that means losing out on that vital protect and swords dance.
    Protect isn't as vital as you think it is. Careful play and passable prediction skills allows you to replace it with something else, like Shadow Claw or Stone Edge.

And slowbro laughs off any shadow claw.
    After a swords dance it won't (unless Slowbro gets a free switch in). But all of this is pretty much moot anyway, as Slowbro is in UU. I don't care if you use it, or if you've seen anyone use it, it's in UU, and by definition won't find as much play in OU as in UU. Let's keep it to OU counters, please. (I'm not denying it's a good counter, it's a great one, probably the best counter to SD Blaze as far as I know, but if people are forced to use a UU poke to counter an OU threat, then it only proves my point more).

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    ...are you serious? you cant list off random moves blaziken can learn and use it as an excuse to prove its INVINCIBILITY.
    Smogon official movesets list Shadow Claw as a viable option to counter some of Blaziken's weaker checks. Admittedly my remark that Shadow Claw solved the Slowbro problem was a bit out there (I blame the lack of sleep for that one, although it certainly eliminates "defensive" Starmie as a counter, which so far was the only OU counter actually listed), but the move is still viable.

unless black and white brought out a ten move expansion to blaziken or introduced a move that can REPLACE one of your moves with one of your choice youre not going to find a single one in any match that doesnt have at least one counter.
    This is, like, the only correct thing in your entire rant.

its a damn good pokemon and can sweep several teams, but so can countless other pokes in ou and blaziken at least isnt untouchable in the slightest. if youre any good at the game youre bound to have at least one pokemon that can, at the very least, give it a hard time.
    You're correct about various pokes being able to sweep under the right conditions, but the fact is is that Blaziken can do it under an alarmingly number of circumstances; it doesn't really require weather, unlike Doryuzuu, it only needs one boost, unlike Ulgamoth, and it could really be stuck onto any team and do good, whereas most other sweepers need sufficient support from teammates in order to start the sweep.

And it does have a counter (Slowbro, in UU (?!) ) so I apologise for not saying that.

the only reasons its used by so many people in the metagame is because of its versatility and not because, as far as stats are concerned, its anything special in ou; right off the bat i can name at least five pokemon that have higher base stats and arent classified as uber. i dont see why blaziken is.
    ...what.

By that defintion, you would put Entei in Ubers and Breloom in NU because of their stats? I personally think that sounds more retarded then the banning of a poke overcentralising the metagame. While base stats are vital to how good a poke is, it's certainly not everything. Building on the above, Breloom's stats aren't really anything special, but it's abilities, typing and movepool are tailor-made to abuse sub-punching (and the new Technician sets look promising). While Entei has amazing stats, they are distributed poorly, has a crap ability for what it's trying to achieve, bad typing, and an absolutely atrocious movepool.

Also, ironically, Blaziken isn't really that versatile. As Kirby said, it's really only this one set that's causing so much ruckus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    altaria still counters it completely and in every single fuckin' way
    1. It's in UU.
    2. Almost every Blaziken appreciates Stealth Rocks support.
    3. Flare Blitz is a 2HKO (depending on what boosts it has).
    4. Stone Edge is a OHKO (depending on what boosts it has).
    5. HJK is a 2HKO (depending on what boosts it has).

No, pants.

Albert Einstein

Also, I have the utmost respect for pants, Lord and Kirbx and I hope our rantings and ravings won't affect our relationship. You guys are awesome.

Albert Einstein

1.flare blitz is a 3hko on the new def/weather break support sets (breaking sun really does the trick)

2.you can use UU in OU.

3. cotton guard + roost

4. you should have spun those rocks off a while ago, bro

5. aerial ace 2hko, draco meteor (if modest) 1hko, outrage (without boost) 2hko

6. it resist ALL of kirbx's moveset, and stone edge is STILL a 2hko if there's no SD up

Altaria (Drought/Rain ruin)
    item: leftovers
    ability: Cloud Nine
    nature: Adamant/Impish
    EV: 252 HP 6 Atk 252 def

-Cotton Guard
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage/Draco Meteor
    -Roost

EQ for blaziken and steel fuckers, Draco meteor for all those def walls that arent steel, outrage for simply awesome damage, and CG+Roost is his main set-up

its a definite counter

your welcome

1. What about after Swords Dance? Or Life Orb? Or Stealth Rocks?

2. You would put a UU poke on an OU team to counter one poke. Okay.

3. You need a free switch in order to do that. Also, Cotton Guard is an awesome move.

4. Blaziken killed your spinner. What do.

5. But you just said you need to Cotton Guard and Roost first, after which Blaziken will have switched out. This also doesn't work if you don't get a free switch-in.

6. See 1.

Albert Einstein

Dude Slowbro is OU now, even with Blaziken gone, regeneration rules.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast