1 50.00%
  • UU

1 50.00%
  • RU

0 0%
  • NU

0 0%

Thread: Clefable

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Default Clefable

Clefable

STILL one of my faves. possibly the best competitive ability in the entire metagame (besides magic bounce god bless espeon), good enough stats to stay alive and dish out some lethal damage, 1 weakness (sadly common in OU), and its cute :3

HP: 95
    Attack: 70
    Defense: 73
    Sp. Attack: 85
    Sp. Defense: 90
    Speed: 60

T-T-Tank
    Item: life orb
    Ability: magic guard
    Nature: adamant
    Evs: 252 HP 252 attack 6 def

-Double Edge
    -fire punch
    -softboiled
    -meteor mash

wow, this thing hits hard... like, really, REALLY hard. no recoil damage, no weather damage, no life orb damage, no entry hazards (besides toxic spikes which actually drastically help clefable). it can smash through UU teams like cardboard boxes, and it can reasonably hit MU/OU pretty hard. with its massive 394 HP and reasonably high 262 attack, it can recieve quite a few good hits, and deliver huge double-edges (and fire punches on magneton/abomasnow/other steels). its damn effective.

Toxic rub*... erm... orb
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Ability: Magic guard
    Nature: impish
    Evs: 252 HP 14 atk 148 def 96 sp. def

-facade
    -fling
    -softboiled
    -protect

lol why i love clefable so much. it abuses toxic to the point of infamy. he has one of the only 2 ways to badly poison espeon and avoid magic bounce with fling (plus the super effective 60 attack). protect makes toxic quick to kill while softboiled obviously heals. facade is a beastly strike, even from a low attack stat of 179. its a very busy set with alot of competitive promise. the EV spread is made for clefable's defs to both be 240, and maximizing HP while investing a bit into attack for a slightly stronger punch.

Special Wall/Cleric

Toxic rub*... erm... orb
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Magic guard
    Nature: Careful
    Evs: 252 HP 6 atk 252 sp. def

-double edge/toxic
    -heal bell
    -wish
    -protect

its a cleric. it takes special hits. it heals its team mates. it does it rather well. need i go on?

Other Options:
    -none fuck you
    -shit moves that i'm not posting
    -return is cool, but FUCK YOU double edge/facade bro
    -ice beam but he's a physical attacker

Team Options:
    -tank (physical smash)
    -toxic abuse
    -cleric

Counters:
    -steelix can take 3 fire punches, but watch out for sp. sets with flamethrower (and gyro ball isn't too good on a 60 base speed)
    -scizor can hurt this poke
    -most OU can deal with it rather sucessfully
    -conkledurr can fuck it in the butt
    -gengar can take hits from it well (but thats redundant since i said OU's earlier)

your welcome

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Calm Mind set, perhaps? But yeah, I really, really love this poke. Ironic since I LOATHED it back in Red/Blue (not so much because of it's competitive status, but because of it's looks and shit; I was seven years old cut me some slack). Also totally agree with Magic Guard, absolutely amazing. Certainly a goddess of UU, and looks set to remain that way for quite a while.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

ive been using it successfully on EVERY team in PO. here's the alt i was using:

item: life orb
    Brave nature
    EV: 252 HP 60 atk 180 def 16 sp. atk (0 IV's in speed for defense against gyro ball)

-Softboiled
    -Double-Edge
    -Grass Knot
    -Flamethrower

this set is the BEST option i have had for little clefable. its speed HAS to be low to protect itself from mean ferrothorn gyro ball, and it pulls it off well. its able to break a bunch of walls, it walls blissey like nobodies buisness, it tears shit up with double edge, and its genuinely awesome. EV's set attacks to 210 each, and maxes the rest in HP/def.

your welcome