Thread: The PokeDream 2011 Art Contest-a-Thon!!

Default The PokeDream 2011 Art Contest-a-Thon!!

Alright, I know this has been a while in the making, but now it’s finally underway: The PokeDream 2011 Art Contest-a-Thon! The contest is as follows.

Category 1
    Graphic Design (including Spriting, Photoshop shoops, and anything else done on a computer)

Category 2
    Traditional Design (hand drawings, molding, sculpting, ect.)

Once you pick a category to work with, you will have two themes with which to compete.

Theme 1: Final evolution of Shellos , aka Gastrodon Evolution.

Theme 2: Zekrom/Serperior/Victini splice.

Now here’s the catch. Depending on which theme you choose, you have to create a complete profile for that Pokemon. This includes PokeDex info, Base Stats, Type, Abilities, and a Move List. For the Gastrodon Evolution, you have to specify exactly how it reaches this stage of evolution, and it CANNOT be by merely leveling up. Get creative and think about! Keep the Move List realistic as well. If you decide to do the splice, and you type it as a Psychic/Electric type, it should not be able to learn Moves such as Surf, Flare Blitz, Leaf Tornado, ect. I will not say that you can only use the Move List of those Pokemon, but let’s keep this as realistic as possible.

Rules:
    1. No stealing of other people’s work. That means don’t go on Google and find someone else’s creation and claim it as your own.
    2. You may only make one entry per Category, so make it count!
    3. You MAY enter both categories, but only one entry per Category is allowed.
    4. If you submit a Design without a proper profile, you will be Disqualified.
    5. If you are found to have broken any of these rules, you will be Disqualified.

Now for prizes! Depending on just how many entries this contest draws, everyone may receive a prize! Prizes will be limited to mostly Black/White Pokemon.

First place winners will receive: A 12” Plush of the Starter Pokemon (evolutions included) or Mascot Pokemon of your choice, another 6” Pokemon of your choosing (Pokemon Store may or may not have all Pokemon, keep this in mind), 3 2” Pokemon figurines (these can be from any Generation) of your choosing, 2 Japanese Pokemon Card booster packs, and an assortment of other Pokemon knick-knacks.

Second place winners will receive everything listed in the First place winners list, EXCEPT for the 12” Plush.

All others will win a grab bag filled with everything else EXCEPT the two plushies.

The catch to the prizes is that I must have your address to ship them to you. If you do not feel comfortable PMing me your address, we will figure out something else suitable for a prize. If you are okay with this, once the contest is over, I will PM all the entrants for their address. DO NOT SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS, I WILL PM YOU. Another thing to remember is that these prizes are coming from an ocean away; the postal system is whacky lately, so it make take time to get your prizes. PLEASE BE PATIENT. If it's been over a few weeks and you still don't have your prizes, then feel free to contact me.

The deadline for entry into the contest is 29 April 2011, 1000 PM, CST. There will be no extensions of any kind granted, even if there are no entries. The deadline is FINAL. Judging will commence the following few days, and the winners will be announced on 2 May.

So there you have it folks! You have a little over two weeks to come up with some fantastic entries. Wow and amaze me, but most of all, TAKE YOUR TIME. There is plenty of it. Enjoy, and make the best Artist win!

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

Commencing.... NOW!

your welcome

tron?

the entry:

Gastrodon Evolves into Gladiadon when its holding a Rocky Helmet and levels up at any point.

Pokedex entry: The Titan Slug pokemon. It was believed that ancient civilization used Gladiadon to transport their monarchs and generals in times of war. this pokemon's strangely elaborate helmet is formed by focused acidic secretions in Gladiadon's porous body acting upon a rocky helmet.

type: Water/Ground

Height: 11'13'' (3.36m)
    Weight: 852 lbs (386.5kg)

Ability: Shell Armor, Storm Drain, DW: Sand Force

Level Up Moveset:

-mud-slap
    -mud bomb
    -muddy water
    -water pulse
    lv.12 harden
    lv.18 mud bomb
    lv.23 hidden power
    lv 31 acid
    lv 36 acid armor
    lv 40 sludge wave
    lv 42 recover
    lv 47 soak
    lv 53 earth power
    lv 60 earthquake

Base Stats:
    HP 125
    attack 90
    defense 82
    sp. attack 102
    sp. defense 110
    speed 40

your welcome

Awesome stuff Pants. I assume you've had this ready for a while, huh? Just in case. lol

Nope, made this right after the contest was posted lol. I just used the concept of the painting to make the motion sprite in flash

your welcome

Hmm, not what I was expecting; I thought there would be more entries/interest by now. Come on people, your entry doesn't have to be top grade to get the goodies!

You may just win first by default Pants.

10 more days, and i'd love some solid competition before then

your welcome

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Haha, I was bored. XD So here you go, Teresa <3 The thing was harder to do than it looks. Victini ears and eyes, Serperior base, and Zekrom colour scheme and wings. I initially had Zekrom's stinger-thingy in, but it looked too bulky to be realistic.

Name: Naphotic
    Etymology: Naga + Aphotic
    Type: Dark/ Psychic
    Classification: Dark Snake Pokemon

Height: 4.5m
    Weight: 55kg

Ability: Limber
    Dream World Ability: Pressure

Evolutions: Naphotic evolves into Jörmunking [Dark/Dragon] with a Dusk Stone, but only if it knows the move Gallows.

Physiology: Naphotic is primary an inky-black snake pokemon with a white head and light blue glowing markings all over its body. The blue swirl patterns on its body glow at its owner's will, and are the distinguishing characteristics of every Naphotic, with each possessing a different pattern. The swirls are known to be slightly hypnotic if one stares at them for a period of time. Naphotic possesses multiple red eyes along the length of its body, although these are commonly mistaken for rare jewels by prospectors. Although Naphotic possesses wing-like structures, it is incapable of flight. When extended, though, these structures aid in helping Naphotic leap extended distances from crevice to crevice, similar to gliding. The vents located between each wing maintains silence as Naphotic is moving through the air. Naphotic occasionally uses the wings to intimidate both their prey and their peers. Naphotic also has entirely black twin tail blades where markings are absent that they use for battle as well as injuring their prey.

Gender differences: Female Naphotics are generally a third larger as compared to males, although males possess longer and sharper tail blades.

Special abilities: Having many nocturnal eyes located all across its limber body, it is capable of seeing in many directions at once. Despite that, Naphotic still retains a keen sense of sound and motion. When it closes its eyes and fades away the glowing markings on its body, it is nigh invisible in the dark.

Behavior: It hides in crevices or curls around stalactites in caves in silence, waiting for prey to scurry by underneath. Depending on the size of the prey, Naphotic will either use its tail blades to incacipate prey or grab at it to constrict them. All these are done with lightning speed. Highly territorial, it is uncommon to find more than one Naphotic in a cave.

Flavour text: It has been said that Naphotic were originally blessed with the good luck to succeed in all their endeavours, but instead chose to abuse their gifts with malicious intent.

Moveset:
    -Leer
    -Bite
    -Wrap
    lv. 5 Quick Attack
    lv. 9 Pursuit
    lv. 11 Confuse Ray
    lv. 17 Night Slash
    lv. 21 Imprision
    lv. 26 Mean Look
    lv. 31 Hypnosis
    lv. 35 Psychic
    lv. 42 Snatch
    lv. 49 Gallows- Signature move. Attack: 90. PP: 15. Accuracy: 90. User attempts to use his opponent's weight against him to choke him in the air- Failing that, the user will attack with the blades on his tail.
    lv. 53 Psycho Cut
    lv. 58 Final Gambit
    lv. 65 Punishment

Base Stats:
    HP- 75
    Attack- 100
    Special Attack- 65
    Defense- 65
    Special Defense- 85
    Speed- 110

Alrighty, contest ended a few days ago, and since there were only two entries, judging wasn't too hard to do. So, now here are the results!

In first place......*drumroll*

Ninetails! Though the splice of those specific Pokemon is rather difficult due the the differences between the three, you pulled it off in such a way that made it seem simple and easy, with a creative background and flavor text for the Pokemon to boot! Congrats!

Second, of course goes to our eager first contestant, Pants! He was ready to rock and roll from the beginning, and created a clever Evolution, with a custom, animated sprite as well. Though you are the runner up, know that I applaud your skills as an artist.

So that's it folks. A bit disappointed with the participation outcome, bit what more can you do, eh? Good thing out of that I'd everyone wins! I will be PMing the enterants later to confirm prizes. Thanks for participating guys, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.