Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losers

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

I'm just horriable at learning languages. It's just not how my brain is wired.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    I'm just horriable at learning languages.
    yeah you should stick to english for now

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Not as hard as you would think. It was originally supposed to be an 8 week course, however with recent events, they shortened it to 6 weeks. So while it's basically a lot of information crammed into 6 weeks, I'm actually learning a lot. Our teacher makes it really easy to memorize things.

For instance, わたしわざまきゃんぷのてれさせす。 And that's after less than three weeks with two-three classes per week. We've memorized all the basic Hiragana, and we're studying numbers and sentence structure now. It's actually quite an easy course, though I'd assume it's that way for just us.
    *わたし "わ" is never used as a particle. Not sure what the rest of your sentence says though.

Just wait until you start learning katakana and get the two alphabets confused for the first few weeks.

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Nah, katakana's nothing. It's the five million kanji that boggles my mind.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    *わたし "わ" is never used as a particle. Not sure what the rest of your sentence says though.

Just wait until you start learning katakana and get the two alphabets confused for the first few weeks.
    Ah, my mistake. I really need to study, especially since I have another quiz Monday.

Yeah, that's something I'm not excited about, cause I know I'm gonna bomb it. However, I think that's another course in itself at this school. But I like being able to walk around and read some signs and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Yeah, that's something I'm not excited about, cause I know I'm gonna bomb it.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Classy!

Really?
    No deal.

It had to be done.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRaven View Post
    Nah, katakana's nothing. It's the five million kanji that boggles my mind.
    Kanji get easier after the first 500 or so.

Katakana just gets confusing because if you don't remember one you instinctively try to replace it with the hiragana equivalent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12