Thread: What the fuck is this Oh Internet site?

Default What the fuck is this Oh Internet site?

www.encyclopediadramatica.com

This had better be /b/ trolling. If it's not it's the saddest thing I've ever seen.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

it's always seemed to me to be a group of rogue 4chan anons who have got together and tried to catalogue the confusing, nonsensical happenings of the message board, and their attempts have been fruitless and it's just a confounding mess

Hicky just click the goddamn link and get with the program.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Registered Users Regular

I took the link and got lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

How can PD not understand the magnitude of what's going on here?

Registered Users Regular

Is it really important?
    youre wicked cool 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Is it really important?

Registered Users Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

This is very wrong.

I heard /b/ is pissed about it, so it might be a trolling attempt on them.

The reasoning is far more believable though, and more sinister.

Apparently ED couldn't get any advertising income because no one wanted their business seen on a website that was essentially 4chan's trash can. The owner got desperate and started looking for advertisers but they all demanded the site become more politically correct. So he basically started a new site using ED's domain and here we are.

And let's face it, if Mewtwo could get dollar signs in front of his eyes regarding PD, how much integrity do you think a /b/tard has?

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

It's either a really good troll or the start of the downfall of 4chan as one entity - already, with /r9k/ and /news/ gone, several people have made their own imageboards as replacements for those two boards. Encyclopedia Dramatica is one of the few things that anon had as a side to 4chan... if it's been destroyed like this, I won't be surprised to see tons of people try and replicate it. Eventually people that would call 4chan their home will branch off into all corners of the web and that's not good for anyone.

Yeah, we all saw how well that worked out when LUE broke up =>_>=

Lord94: 4chan expert

He'll be writing a book about this someday.

Also regarding the link, I don't really see this as a bad thing. ED was a pile of shit anyway. This could only be an improvement.

ED had its moments - this is just like one massive Wikipedia article written by someone who thinks teenagers would never consider consuming alcohol.

Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar

If I had time, I can ask /b what happened. Too busy.
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

*withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Whoa, if RC didn't post the url I would have never have guessed that this was the former Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

There's this... http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Main_Page

Edit: Or this http://www.lurkmoarpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Not the same as reading on the original ED though...

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

encyclopedia dramatica has spawned so many terrible trolls its beyond unfunny.

they are simply fishing for as much hate as humanly possible by creating 3rd party observations without any general point. they are a large accumulation of troll cookie cutters that continuously mold badly excecuted trolls that are centered on 4chinks and think that trolling a shit website makes them better people, even though they are spending more time on 4cham than the victims do.

both 4chan and encyclopedia dramaticunt need to go away. they are just unnecessary and they cannibalistically feed on one another.

oof

your welcome

I never go to 4chan but it's the reason the internet is what it is. The world would be a depressing place without it.