Thread: So umm... I didn't know Stallone could act.

Default So umm... I didn't know Stallone could act.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

I'M A WHINEY FUCKER WHO WATCHED ALL MY BUDS KILLED AND I GOT SPAT ON

thend

your welcome

Pants, what exactly is your function on this board? I mean you've got near as makes no difference 3000 posts and I can't remember a single interesting thing you've ever said.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

what interesting detail do you want me to expound on in this particular thread?

its Sylvester Stallone whining about the returning disgust from all the faggot hippies, and he kills a bunch of cops.

it was a stupid movie.

interesting enough for you furrythority?

your welcome

I actually really liked the movie. The pacing was good, the plot was set up like dominoes but still well executed. You felt bad for Rambo but at the same time you knew he was nuts. It was a lot better than the sequels and all the spinoffs it inspired. Plus I think that little speech at the end was pretty damn sad.

i'm not a stallone ran. never was. he acts ok, but his movie's premises have the quality of a wet dish towel, and he isn't as silly as Schwarzenegger.

i'd watch commando ahead of first blood any day (just because it wasn't entertaining to me)

your welcome

To each his own, personally I think the first four Rocky movies are amazing.

The other Cylons call me Triclops. ShadowRaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    Dude...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein

Rocky 1 and 3 were really good, but they are more for if your in the mood. commando is so fucking stupid that i can always enjoy its relentless silliness

PS: "you're into witty satirical films and dark films" ~my netflix

your welcome

First Blood is a really good film, the book is better but the film is very good.

But if you want to see Stallone really act well watch CopLand

"I don't Hate Balboa.... I Pity the Fool"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!