Thread: current events

Default current events

i've realized that recently i give 0 percent of a shit about current events.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

You can live your life perfectly fine without them. It's very rarely that they actually effect people (especially us because nobody cares about Ireland).

i stopped reading newspapers and going to news sites quite a while ago. im only hear about events through irl conversations, forums or a couple of other sites i visit.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I don't give two shits about current events, they really don't interest me in the slightest although I follow a few stories that actually interest me closely like the AV referendum and the England and Wales local elections but other than that it's just sleaze on the privy lives of men

Aww... you kids are growing up!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I have a few sources I follow to keep up on things, especially in emerging technology.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

i read cracked.com, that's pretty much it

I catch the news when my dad watches it..
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

is good for you

I thought there would be (more or less) a slew of posts about the whole Libya thing. Boy, aren't I red in the face

i think the thing is i feel i know enough about things that i can more or less tell if what something someone says about current events is bullshit or not just by knowing what sort of philosophy the statement/opinion invokes and how that philosophy has borne out in the past etc, without needing to talk to/listen to/read stuff by a bunch of bildungphilisters

still i am negligent in my following of things. i have really very little idea whats going on in the world right now.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

you fuckin' clod god i'm drunk

your welcome

so

post about them