Thread: roman civilization wasnt that great

Hybrid View

Default roman civilization wasnt that great

sorry, it wasnt

is good for you

Early Mediterranean civilization always bored the hell out of me.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

You know, only you would post that kind of fucked up shit. My Roman blood beats your marsh blood any day of the week.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

they have a great history, dont get me wrong. but their actual civilization was nothing to write home about. as far as real civilization goes the greeks were a million times better at literally everything. the romans were good at farming, war and political intrigue. fun stuff (well maybe not farming) but not the heights of civilization. they were also sort of okay at prose stylings. but in philosophy, mathematics, the sciences and literature they had nothing.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    they have a great history, dont get me wrong. but their actual civilization was nothing to write home about. as far as real civilization goes the greeks were a million times better at literally everything. the romans were good at farming, war and political intrigue. fun stuff (well maybe not farming) but not the heights of civilization. they were also sort of okay at prose stylings. but in philosophy, mathematics, the sciences and literature they had nothing.
    Not gonna argue that. Architecturally though they were snazzy as hell.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

is good for you

Hmm, just a thought, but couldn't math be more attributed to early Arabic mathemiticians than the Greeks, or was alot of the Greek work the inspiration/base for the Arabs?

I don't know if you can really say it was the Arabs. I mean, yes they where the first to make up a math system, but only traces of there general math are left, overall the Greeks contributed much more, and actually created the modern math system.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

they were a republic that got crammed up its own ass and made a bunch of roads and battle strategies.

sounds like the US to me

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    they were a republic that got crammed up its own ass and made a bunch of roads and battle strategies.

sounds like the US to me
    Pity it was its roads and army that made it great in the first place. No Rome fell because simply put, it failed to nationalize its own nation, and allowed it to fall, then the emporers came and just screwed it all up.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

it needs Zazz

your welcome