Thread: What's a guy gotta do to get another job?

Default What's a guy gotta do to get another job?

I mean seriously, unless I've gotta start offering my ass as insurance (and I don't mean that in the non-sexual way). Getting fired from Office Depot was an interesting experience, but oh well. Ecnomoy, you crazy.

howd you get fired from office depot

hahaha

seymour, i've no idea what to tell you. you could be a hooker in thailand but i doubt that's in your field of competences

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

craigslist?

I have an interview with Gamestop and they pretty much said they wanted to hire me. And I work at a stupid ass kiosk at the mall where I sell and do hair.
    "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    howd you get fired from office depot
    Some weird shit. Was a really slow Thursday a couple weeks ago and we were allowed an extra 30mins of lunch, which was pretty fucking sweet. Friend decided to drop in for a visit to announce to me a bit of news, but that's where it all went down hill.

He asked me to come outside to chat, which I knew wasn't going to end well one way or another, but I'm pretty paranoid regardless. So he starts chatting me up about life--mostly his life and family--and how peaceful its been since he converted. Coming from a religious background I asked him what, and he told me Catholicism. So we decided to discuss this new chapter of his life as he called it, but I started to get the feeling someone was giving me nasty looks behind me. I figured we were safe talking outside where a lot of my intolerant co-workers couldn't hear nor care either way.

So after his attempt to persuade my interest in his newfound beliefs, we went back inside for the next 10mins and started to converse on some of my more enjoyable topics, mainly secret organizations. Of course then I felt really, really stupid, and I mean genuinley ignorant. The rest of my day was pretty uncomfortable after that, especially after touching on some sensitive subjects involving secret societies. Two days after that I was fired abruptly.

I found out later that a few of my co-workers (dug this up on monday) filed several bullshit complaints involving things I never did and won't admit to. Hell, two of the complaints suggested I was an occultist. I was furious that the manager didn't even bother to do a quick check of some of those phonies, but so many of them came in at once that apparently she felt I was a real problem.

Regardless, I'm glad to be gone even if I could get it back easily. I'm also not going to bother with it for personal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariruri View Post
    craigslist?

I have an interview with Gamestop and they pretty much said they wanted to hire me. And I work at a stupid ass kiosk at the mall where I sell and do hair.
    Funny you mention that! I am using craigslist. Scored an interview at Hobby Lobby on Wednesday of next week.

do you live in the south or something

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    do you live in the south or something
    Unfortunately yes.

lincoln should have let them go

I'd give anything to move up North or go to Ireland.