Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I learned Israel's Son on bass guitar.

Default I learned Israel's Son on bass guitar.

Took all of 5 minutes.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

bass is probably the easiest instrument to learn to play

It's the easiest to pick up, the hardest to master. I say this because all the frets are like those on a guitar so when you get technical you're still doing the same thing but they're muuuch further apart.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

its far from the hardest to master. slapping takes a while to get a hang of but the rest of it is pretty straightforward; a bass isnt as versatile as a guitar is so there isnt even all that much to learn.

id say that drums are probably the hardest to master

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

bass is a big ukulele tuned to E in a pentatonic to G, and 3 octaves down from the first string on a uke.

its pissing easy as piss

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

Congrats. I never really got into playing the guitar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    bass is a big ukulele tuned to E in a pentatonic to G, and 3 octaves down from the first string on a uke.

its pissing easy as piss
    i thought basses were tuned to eadg

oh wait thats what you meant, you just used fancy words

lol, yes rayne.

the only difficult thing about bass is the low-note fret length (up to 1.8 inches), and that the bass chords only sound good in grunge.

your welcome

bass= longer, frets are larger, 4 active strings tuned to the pentatonic guitar E, and it plays an octave lower than guitar from the lowest note.

i know my shit sir

your welcome

thats a real cool guitar hero guitar

your welcome

Drums are hard to master but they also take talent. If you suck at rhythm you can get by on bass but will not last one minute on the drums.

lol they are completely different instrumental categories, but i find drums to be easiest when they are electronically monitored, with volume controls. as for aucoustic drums, its harder to concentrate on any one pattern without sound cancelling headphones.

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    lol they are completely different instrumental categories, but i find drums to be easiest when they are electronically monitored, with volume controls. as for aucoustic drums, its harder to concentrate on any one pattern without sound cancelling headphones.
    what does this even mean

read rayne. percs=/=strings

your welcome

i play the drums you moron. i dont understand what the hell youre trying to say.

good god here's a summary of what i wrote:

drums (percussive instruments) are NOT learned or played in the same way as guitars (strings).

and personally, i like electronic drums a bit more than acoustic because they have volume knobs.

your welcome

<__<

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Pants basically said that drums don't have an amp and he likes instruments with an amp

yes. i like instruments with easily controllable dynamics

your welcome

Basses can be percussion instruments.

slap bass still requires maintaining note progression, and its still being played on strings. this brings us to the marimba/piano argument. is an instrument percussive if its being hoisted and controlled by strings? the marimba's sound comes from the blocks, but the block's vibrations are absorbed by felt strings, while slap bass is all on strings, and piano is percussion upon strings, so its one gigantic slap bass.

this is a fun convo

your welcome

volume knobs are for pussies, when you get better at drumming you learn to control your strokes so that basically your wrists become your volume knobs. takes lots of practice to master this shit

in general i just hate electronic drums. they don't have the same feel, those that i've tried are very awkward to play, and, most importantly, they're not half as efficient as acoustic drums in getting you chicks. honestly i'd take my shitty old pseudo-wood made in china basix drumset with cranky hardware over a 10k$ (whatever this shit costs) e-drumset anyday

its incredibly hard to record aucoustic drums without a grade A recording studio, and thats my major gripe. the control is no problem, but to get a good recording avoiding all static and bass disruptions, you need thousands of dollars of equipment, where as if you have an elecrtic set, you can record cheaply and efficiently. i mean, if you have the money, or if your going on stage, then by all means aucoustic, but otherwise electric is your best bet recording-wise if your low on funds.

thats pretty much where i'm coming from on that one.

your welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast