Thread: Qoorl's RPG Campaign Setting...

Default Qoorl's RPG Campaign Setting...

So, assuming I can keep motivated, I'm going to actually attempt to put down in writing, develop and get a setting for an RPG published... I wanna use y'all for a sounding board. Sure most of you don't RP, but you DO watch Anime, play video games, and read...well most of you, so I think you can provide coherent feedback...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

So first off, unlike the traditional run of D&D settings that are out there... I want to do an animistic setting... there aren't deities, rather, people worship Spirits, be they natural type spirits or ancestor spirits...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

allright, just gonna start typing, feel free to throw me some feedback positive or negative at any time...

Every GOOD setting has to have a unique feel to it, and that's one thing I'm really working on, at the moment I have a sort of skeleton for how the world developed....

blah blah blah unimportant planetary development, then Dinosaurs evolve.

Meteorites hit the planet, containing, SOMETHING, that infects the Dinos, giving them a sort of sentient awareness... and something akin to psychic powers.... with their new weirdness, the Dinos are able to see the Spirits that maintain the everyday aspects of nature, AND they are able to see the flows of Power that those spirits use. Some of the Dinos manage to tap into that power, developing abilities outside of those granted to them by mystery sky rocks....

This is the beginning of Arcane Magic. The Arcane Using Dinosaurs experiment on themselves, altering themselves into new shapes...eventually this gives way to them developing into the dragons.

The other Dinos are content to explore the mysterious powers given to them by the meteorites and they stay pretty much powerful psychic dinosaurs...

Evolution continues on and Humans develop. But they're a weak race, with no magical powers, or tough hide or claws. They only thing they have going for them is tool use.

The Psychic Dinos decide to experiment by bestowing Awareness of the Spirits on humanity, the Dragons vehemently disagree and a sort term war breaks out. Eventually the Psychic Dinosaurs imbue Humanity with the ability to percieve the spirits and then mostly retreat into hiding to watch. The Dragons also observe from afar.

Humanity, seeing these new things all around them, naturally worship them, eventually developing into more of a sort of Mutual Respect, Shamanism and Diving Magic are born.

The Dragons think that THIS is just ludicrous and tensions between the Psychic Dinos and Dragons flare up again. This time, the Psychic Dinos leave the planet

The Dragons continue to observe until somethign amazing happens, a pair of Humans,a brother and sister enter into a compact with a spirit, seeking greater ties to nature, they join with a group of spirits, becoming a new race of creatures. The First Elves are born. THey are quickly followed by a man who joins with earth spirits to become the first of the Dwarves.

This is of great concern to the Dragons, though they were able to modify their own selves with their Arcane powers, the humans found a way to directly connect with the Spirits. Many Dragons try to replicate this feat and fail.

The mortal races also develop Arcane Magic at some point during this development, as Humanity continues to interact with the spirit world and more races develop, they become more powerful as a whole. The Dragons mostly go into hiding, still secretly observing but now the Mortal Races have become to powerful for them to step in and alter....

More to come.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Can I kill the aliens?

Once I've finished writing it, and you buy a copy of my book, you and your at home RP Group can do whatever the heck you want!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Sweet.

It seems promising...