I quit my job last weekend, without having another one lined up. after doing this last year from a job that I'd had for nearly two and a half years and receiving a financial ass-pounding from life as a result of my lack of foresight, I told myself I would never again quit a job without having an alternative to go to, no matter how much I hated said job.

I also recently lied to my husband about something from my past that I was embarrassed about, when I had told him during a previous circumstance that I would never lie to him again.

looking back, I've realized that this year and last, I've done a lot of things that I always told myself I'd never do again (in many cases last year, I did a lot of things I never thought I'd do in the first place, but that's another story entirely).

I guess I'm just thinking out loud, mostly. but I want to know: PD, what kind of habits, blunders, and unhealthy cycles do you find yourself falling into time after time, no matter how many times you tell yourself you won't make the same mistakes? how do you usually handle these problems? please, I'm interested.