Thread: Troy Davis

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Default Troy Davis

Yesterday in Georgia, after spending 20 years on death row, countless appeals, recanted testimony, and protests, Troy Davis was executed by lethal injection.

What do you think the Supreme Court should have done, in this situation? And more importantly, what do you think about capital punishment in general? Is it fair?

I'll post what I think later, I just wanted to see what other people think.

What was he convicted of?
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    What was he convicted of?
    Murder. He was accused of shooting and killing a policeman. No physical evidence because they botched getting a warrant. Seven out of the nine witnesses (using the.term witness in the lightest sense) went back on what they said after the trial. Both the Pope and Jimmy Carter wrote and said if he got executed then it just shows how retarded and draconian the American justice system is.

if he got executed then it just shows how retarded and draconian the American justice system is.
    don't think we needed this to prove the american system is retarded, though.