Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pirates: Kingdom of Jade ooc and sign up.

in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals

this could become a very interesting rp.

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

Or an invtation.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoorl View Post
    You mean like when xion and ninetails were THE rp superstars?
    Yes.

And even before that, when this board was buzzing with RPers.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Sounds good to me!

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

hmm... should I go through everything and do up a breakdown of the Piratesverse in this thread for new people and our own reference? I mean like the different races of the world, places, etc?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Sounds good.

It should have Kirbies in it.

You could expand upon my own recap from the end of pirates last time if you wanted, that would make your job easier. It was a huge fucking deal to go through those 100 pages and write a recap

Up to you though.

If you need any help, hit me up. I have free time and I did set most of the races and places up. I still have all the original crap in a folder on my HD since it was my RP.

Yes, a recap would be much appreciated.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

Ragtag band of outlaws (see Generic Fantasy RPG LXXVIII) fought monsters.

THE. END.

Allright... so a group of varied individuals, gathers together and decides to become pirates. Unfortunately, a mere life of raiding and pillaging is not in the cards. Prophecy rolls around and an evil Chaos is threatening to destroy the world. They go off to find a series of Oracles to learn about this mystery threat and how to stop it. First Oracle is found and they learn of the approximate locations of the others. And so with a stolen ship they began their adventure, heading toward their next stop... The Kingdom of Jade - China. Unfortunately said ship was destroyed and it's crew shattered. Keke and Ervan have managed to find each other and our now hiding out in a small tavern along the docks of Hong Kong. They've got to find the rest of their crew and/or other like minded individuals and head north into the land of the Mongrol.. there the second Oracle awaits them. Unfortunately an old frenemy in new clothing has taken notice of their arrival and plots their downfall. Post your sign ups in this thread.

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

History:

Special skills or equipment:
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Name: Kirby

Race: Kirby

Appearance: Looks like Kirby

History: Kirby history

Special skills or equipment: Kirby powers

Name: Cho'Kar

Race: Sav'ran

Nationality: Africa

Appearance: Cho'kar is a little over six foot, with well corded muscles and a generally wiry frame. His dark hair is dreadlocked and pulled back into a semi pony tail. His skin is a dark tannish with a tint of green, almost scaly. A huge tattoo of a spider on a web dominates his back. Despite his non human appearance, the most obvious trait is Cho'kar's eyes. They are shaped like an eagle's but the color is that of constantly burning flame. Most find it difficult to look into Cho'kar's eyes for long. He wears a loin cloth, a pendant crafted from the feather of the Phoenix, and two bone handled khukri are always at his side.

History: See PIrates Chap 1 &2 for full story but... Cho'kar's people were the Sav'Ran, plains dwelling tribesmen with an affinity for wild beasts. They were also keepers of a rare artifact, an artifact that Rama Doom, God King of Ygypt desired. He sent his forces to wipe out the Sav'ran and steal the artifact. Cho'kar escaped but due to the artifact's need for a Sav'Ran to activate, Rama Doom is looking for him. He joined up with the Pirates, seeing their quest against Chaos as a paralel to a story from his own people about The Devourer. The Oracles they were seeking were near the locations of the Four Great Beasts, the prime deities of the Sav'Ran's religion. He intended to visit the Great Beasts as the Pirates went to the various Oracles. He has met with the Phoenix, who changed him, giving him a strong empathic ability and set him on the path of becoming the Beastlord, a being of legend from his people.

Prior to the shipwreck which separated the Pirates, Cho'kar was knocked overboard in a battle and was presumed lost. He travelled through a series of underground passages and after a lengthy journey has arrived in the Kingdom of Jade, hoping he can reunite with his comrades but more eager to face the Trials of the Second Great Beast - Bahamut.

Cho'kar travels with his now much larger than the small thing it was when it hatched, young Wyvern, Carai.

(Editor's note, I am AMAZINGLY out of practice. I don't know if I'd accept this profile in an rp if I saw it. I may edit it later...hopefully, active participation will flake off some of the rust.)
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Eh... Kirby, there's no Kirbies... if your sign up was at least a little though out, MAYBE we could work something out... it's possible we could come up with SOMETHING Kirby like...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Name: Ervan Remoh

Race: Human

Nationality: Scotirish (Och aye an' begorra.)

Appearance: Five foot nine with a slim build. Has a healthy tan, sun-bleached brown hair and dark brown eyes. Wears a black dress- sorry, 'hanfu', which is open at the chest, with a red sash around his waist and leather sandals. Has bandages around his chest, along with a pistol holster and a leather strap with several pouches. Owns a pair of charred wool gloves. He carries his katana openly, but keeps a flintlock pistol hidden. Perpetually clean shaven for some reason.

History: He's been adventuring most of his life, spending several years as first mate aboard the pirate ship of the dreaded Captain Kitty. He got dragged into this world saving malarkey by his boss and hasn't been able to give it up since. Still, he's met a few nice girls, beat a man to death with his own arms (or so he claims), and always gets a bottle of whisky at the end of the day.

[I'll make a better history if asked.]

Special Skills: Occasional bouts of unstoppable rage; immune to grapples when aflame.

Special Equipment: Charred gloves (melee attacks are flaming. Also toast bread).

Name: High Lady Camilla Zarine Kelsy
    Nickname: Keke, Cammy
    Occupation: Regent of Dublin and assassin, though the latter isn't common knowledge

Race: Elf
    Build: Willowy and graceful, quite short, as are all elves, but still curvaceous and feminine
    Hair: Platinum Blond, so fair it is nearly white
    Eyes: Emerald green, tip tilted and almond shaped

Description:
    Black thigh boots. Tightly fitting tan colored pants, loose white shirt that laces up the front, black hooded cloak with a forest green satin lining, black gloves. Brown leather "never ending" enchanted satchel.

Armour: A full suit of light tanned leather armor, with both pants and a skirt but she doesn't often wear it
    Jewellery: 1 of the 3 Diadems of the Broken Crown, and other misc jewellery which she rarely wears.
    Weapons: A Nimcha (type of scimitar) with a brown leather wrapped hilt and a filigree gold wire hand guard. An adamantium dagger which also has a brown leather wrapped hilt but a sapphire the size of the first digit of her thumb glitters at the end, waiting for an enchantment. A green and blue quiver with gold needle work decorating it and short bow. Both sword sheaths are made of hard leather but have a green and blue velvet cover with gold needle work matching the quiver.
    Misc: Various potions, poisons and flame oil to tip her arrows.

Personality: Camilla is quiet and avoids crowds at all costs. She is sure of herself to the point of recklessness and has been known to act superior. She wears her arrogance like a shield. Possessing few close friends, she shows complete loyalty to those she does have. She is ruthless with enemies and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. She is cynical and jaded, she often looks at the world with distaste and startling pessimism for one so young (by elven standards.) As a result of her military upbringing, she usually looks at those around her as pieces to be moved about on her game board. She is calculating and sly, but also undecided in her own mind about how to fit in, and what to do.

Elves typically have Gaelic or Irish sounding names, although it is currently in fashion to give young elves British names, thus Camilla. She is very touchy about her name, so I do not suggest commenting on it.

History: She is the third daughter of a very highly respected General, while she was not the heir apparent her father still showed signs of favoring her. He taught her all he would have the son he never had, including the art of war, tracking and horsemanship.

When it became apparent that her mother would never produce a male heir, her father settled for the daughter whose appearance best pleased him, Camilla. And so at a very young age she was taken from her mother and placed in the war camps with her father. He rode her around in front of him on his horse, drilling into her the art of war, the art of diplomacy and government. He taught her that appearance was more important than the reality of the situation and that keeping the Empire safe and pure was the most important of all. As she grew, she taught herself to copy her father's posture, mimic his opinions and expressions right down to his disdainful frown.

Before long Camilla was provided with her own pony and soon gave up the skirts of girlhood and developed a habit of wearing tight pants for ease of movement and comfort while riding. This was well and good for an adolescent girl, but as she matured her father insisted she become more feminine and forced her into a school of etiquette at the age of 12. There she learned how to dance, and how to behave in polite company as well as how to wrap boys around her little finger. The lessons she learned in those classes would prove useful later, at least as useful as what her father had taught her. Those who assumed she was an empty headed girl were almost certain to underestimate her to their own demise.

On some level she realizes she was her father's pet, brought up in a manner he saw fit: Chiseled into the perfect elven queen, taught what an honor it was to be born into the generation where a Kelsy would ascend the throne, as it would pass on at her death one of the other two families who share the Broken Crown. It has been drilled into her that it was good and proper to serve ones country body and soul. If that meant giving up who she is, and what she believes in, then those were only sacrifices to be lain on the alter of her country.

She made her father her entire world, worshiping him as she should have her god. And in his own way he returned the sentiment. They were the center of their own universe, none mattered but themselves and their mission: To retake the British Isles for the glory of their family name and restore their race to its proper place.

Camilla's full honorific title:
    High Lady Camilla Zarine Kelsy
    Lady of Connachta, An Mhumha, and Mídhe,
    High Seat of House Kelsy,
    Defender of the Heartland,
    Guardian of the Forest ,
    Daughter Heir to the Broke Crown of Ireland

Skills: Dual Wield, Archery, Fletching, Tracking, Navigation, Light Field Medicine, some alchemy, some camping, some cooking skills. She's a pickpocket, though not a very good one.

Oh and by the way, nothing Kirby like exists in this world I created. Sorry to burst your bubble. Ultimately this is still the world I outlined, you can easily see the races and etc in the other thread. : )

Beginning Trainer

OOh, this looks like fun, can I play?

Name: SHelly Hildegarde

Race: Frankenchick

Nationality: German

Appearance:

History: Shelly was created by a brilliant alchemist in Germany. She was his second project, the first was a more dangerous looking creature, and her 'father' actually made her in an attempt to find a way to counter his first creation. Unfortunately, he died before she could be fully told of her purpose. Now she's wandering the world, seeking...for a reason to exist.

Special skills or equipment: Shelly has a big sword, and she's super strong, close to being indestructable...well at least very tough, she doesn't like fire though... and she can be a little naive.

hmm, seems okay to me, and we can always use more players. Actually that backstory gives me some ideas!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Do we have a recurring villain now?

New Asian Dareid, Calamity, Rama Doom, The nebulous unspecified evil Chaos that you guys set out to stop... several.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Oh yes. I forgot we had so many enemies.

Oh, also the British Government, Maurietta's Father's shipping company, random people we've slighted... all part of the business
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Keke and I are waiting for other people to post, btw.

Ed.

Beginning Trainer

I'll Post!

xoxo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast