Thread: MMOs you used to play (or still play)

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Default MMOs you used to play (or still play)

So it's almost 4am, and I was kicking around on /v/ for a while, when a thread about people's experiences with MMOs and all the good memories they had. And then I see an image someone posts of the Runescape website from back in '05.

Nostalgia hits me like a brick.

I remember playing with a bunch of friends. None of us actually knew each other in real life, just that we were friends of friends. We had a clan thread on the Runescape website, so that more people could join, and I'd get up early before school to bump the thread.

I remember almost dying in the swamp near Lumbridge, only to have some random person come over, heal and buff me, and then leave.

I remember running as fast as I could through the Varrock south gate, hoping the Dark Wizards wouldn't kill me.

But then people started leaving. Lives became more complex. No one ever really had time to spend playing a silly game on the internet.

Sometimes, when I get these nostalgia kicks, I log in to my account, just to see what it's like. I look over my friends list, remembering names. None of them are ever online anymore, though.

So what are your experiences with MMOs, if any? What stories of guildies or raids do you all have?

I still play City of Heroes since it's free now, but I did subscribe for quite a long time. My experience was that the teaming and level systems were undeniably better than any other MMO I played.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I still play City of Heroes since it's free now, but I did subscribe for quite a long time. My experience was that the teaming and level systems were undeniably better than any other MMO I played.
    I have heard many great things about CoH, specifically in regards to the playerbase. With the free update, I have to say I am tempted to try it out.

See if you like it. My global name is @Bookkeeper Jay

Just type /gfriend Bookkeeper Jay

Should work. If not, then /friend Col. James Riley

I just spent upwards of four hours designing my Hero, only to scratch it and make one based on Kamen Rider Joker from Kamen Rider W.

Science

Also, just let me know when you're on and we'll hang.

Doritos are the shit. Dragonite's Avatar

Well, I play Spiral Knights and Gaia Online on and off...

I never got into WoW, but that was probs because I was on the free edition a year ago.

~I am best pony~

Doritos are the shit. Dragonite's Avatar

Anyone have any MMO recommendations

~I am best pony~