Thread: Bringing back competitive workshop

It blew my mind was blown Max21's Avatar

Exclamation Bringing back competitive workshop

Hey I don't know if I am allowed to do this since I'm not a hardcore PD member, but we should bring the competitive part of PD back to life! I saw the rest of the forum sections getting love, but not this one. If no one will dust off this forum then I will step up and do it.

I personally know Pants and Kirby (the two that appeared most competitively active), I have no doubts that they won't object to my proposal at all.

The suggested first steps we should take:

-Add/Update Pokemon Analysis
    -Add Articles (Competitive Articles only)
    -Organize forum section so different threads are easily found.
    -Organize Analysis writing process
    -Update tiers
    -Improve RMT activity

I will discuss with Pants and Kirby the possibility of my ideas and will update accordingly.

If anyone would like to contribute to this whole thing then you are welcome to do so. Some competitive battling experience is required, but you don't need to be an elitist Smogonite. This whole project is completely in its beginning stage, so don't be too harsh and try to be patient.

If a mod specifically says no to this proposal, I will withdraw it. However, I ask that you give it a chance.

PLAY IN THE UBERS METAGAME!

BATON PASS MUST BE BANNED. Dual Screen -> SmashPass -> Sweep = Fucking gay.

WEATHER TEAMS ARE NOT OP OR BROKEN IN ANY WAY. I LIKE WEATHER, SO FUCK YOU. (Except that little mole, yeah Excadrill get your ass over to ubers.)

This is the BEST Smogon Analysis EVAR:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=13

-The bottom one is false.

-The top one is true.

Come contribute to the Pokemon Online Wiki!

Registered Users Regular

Don't ask just do it! Says-The-Dude-Who-Will-Never-Lift-A-Finger
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

I will take action. I just need the rest of the PD community to help me out here by at least giving ideas and posting in the competitive thread when we do revive it.

WEATHER TEAMS ARE NOT OP OR BROKEN IN ANY WAY. I LIKE WEATHER, SO FUCK YOU. (Except that little mole, yeah Excadrill get your ass over to ubers.)

-The top one is true.

Registered Users Regular

I dint think anyone here but Kirby is even slightly interested in Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    youre wicked cool 10/10

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I dint think anyone here but Kirby is even slightly interested in Pokemon.
    I know competitive enough to lend a hand. I don't play much any more, but I follow the scene well enough. Although, beyond suggesting articles, I don't have the patience to actually write one.

Articles that could be written and be relatively useful;

- Statuses
    - EVs and IVs
    - Trick Room
    - Weather
    - Baton Pass
    - Clauses
    - Tiers

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I know competitive enough to lend a hand. I don't play much any more, but I follow the scene well enough. Although, beyond suggesting articles, I don't have the patience to actually write one.

Articles that could be written and be relatively useful;

- Statuses
    - EVs and IVs
    - Trick Room
    - Weather
    - Baton Pass
    - Clauses
    - Tiers
    I appreciate your time to post this. You don't even have to write whole articles if it's really a burden. Simply posting on the threads and giving suggestions on written articles/analysis will be beneficial. If you are able to lend a hand once we get this whole thing running, just let me know.

-The top one is true.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Max21, don't worry about being a 'hardcore PD member'. You do whatever you want, start whatever project you want - the only reason I have to moderate you is if you spam here or abuse other members. I obviously think that the competitive section could do with a renewal, and I would happily contribute to all of these ideas.

I should explain that I stopped playing Pokémon at Black and White, which ended a massive stint of always checking competitive developments. Thus, I'm not that good really on knowledge of the current metagame - I guess that's why I don't post as much and this section has fallen into disarray.

If you want, I can ask God about making you a moderator of this section and you can be free to implement your ideas, considering the decline in my ability. I like your enthusiasm!

Top proirity would be to fix up and add OU analysises, lets start with smogon OU, stay with non debatable ones and you will be fine, we will vote on Thundurus / Excadrill in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    Max21, don't worry about being a 'hardcore PD member'. You do whatever you want, start whatever project you want - the only reason I have to moderate you is if you spam here or abuse other members. I obviously think that the competitive section could do with a renewal, and I would happily contribute to all of these ideas.

I should explain that I stopped playing Pokémon at Black and White, which ended a massive stint of always checking competitive developments. Thus, I'm not that good really on knowledge of the current metagame - I guess that's why I don't post as much and this section has fallen into disarray.

If you want, I can ask God about making you a moderator of this section and you can be free to implement your ideas, considering the decline in my ability. I like your enthusiasm!
    I thank you for offering to contribute to this project. I will create a comprehensive list on the planned changes and how I plan to execute them.

I appreciate the offer of giving me mods. I don't feel that I need them to complete this project for now. I may consider it later on if I really need them.

EDIT: Alright I may need mods to sticky threads, move threads, and create a few sub forums. I only need powers for the competitive thread, but I don't know how I will go about getting mods.

-The top one is true.