Thread: Competitive Forum Revamp

It blew my mind was blown Max21's Avatar

Default Competitive Forum Revamp

Hello PokeDream, I have started a project to totally remodel and revive this forum section. My original post containing the main ideas can be found here: http://pokedream.com/forums/showthre...590#post467590

This thread is made to go more into detail of what I actually plan on accomplishing and how I intend on doing it. Sections are organized according to priority. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!

Section 1 - Forum Organization

Problem: If you look through the forum, you can see that it's a mix of analysis, RMTs, etc. This can cause the forum to be overrun by a myriad of threads, which causes many threads to go unnoticed or be hard to find.

Solution: To solve this issue, I suggest that we create two (2) sub forums in addition to the main competitive one. The first one will be for Pokemon Analysis and Articles, and the second sub forum will be for RMTs. This is how threads will be organized within the sub forums starting from top thread descending down:

RMT sub forum - RMT rules will be stickied at the top of the sub forum. Guides on how to rate teams and how to create an RMT will follow after the rules. Then of course, the teams will follow after that. Team titles will need to be labeled with the tier it's created for. For example if I wrote an RMT for the OU tier called "Sweep you Away", the title will be: (OU) Sweep you Away

Analysis/Article sub forum - Rules will be stickied at the top of the sub forum. A main Queue will follow after the rules. The Queue will contain all of the Analysis/Article Statuses, anyone who reserves or completes an analysis/article is required to post in this thread its status so we can be updated on things. For a general idea on how the Queue will function, look here: http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18489

What needs to be done in order to accomplish this: I will need an admin to create 2 sub-forums within the competitive forum section. One will be called "RMT Forum", and the second sub-forum will be named "Analyses/Articles". A set of rules for each sub-forum will be created, locked, and stickied. This will lay out the foundation for each new sub-forum so Kirby and I can get to work on things. I will also need a mod to move certain threads such as analyses and transfer them over to the new sub-forums. I will update the needs as necessary.

I would like to get more into detail of how the Analysis/Article writing process will funtion, however this post will have a separate section for it.

Section 2 - Analysis/Article writing

I am planning on creating two teams to aid in the analysis writing process:

Quality Control team: This team of competitively knowlegeable battlers will go through all analysis/articles and make sure they are competitively viable. They will also make suggestions on how to improve the analysis. People on the QC team will approve your set, and once 2 QC members approve, you can now recieve grammar checks from the GP team. Any analysis in the quality control stage must be labeled with a [QC] tag in the title.

Grammar-Prose team: This group of grammar nazis will go through analysis/articles and correct any grammar mistakes. Once they make corrections, the author will implement the corrections. One (1) GP member must check and approve the analysis. Any analysis in the grammar prose stage must be labeled with a [GP] tag in the title.

Once its all done, one QC member will go through the analysis for a final time and will make any last minute changes. After that, you can relax because you are done! Make sure to report that you have finished it in the queue. An analysis/article that's done must be labeled with a [DONE] tag.

If you have decided to write up a Pokemon analyses and it has not entered the QC stage, it must have the tag [RESERVED] in the title.

Every time you advance by a stage, you must report it in the main queue.

What needs to be done in order to accomplish this: QC and GP teams need to be created asap. I also need members to step up and write up some of the analyses and articles. I already have a QC and GP team in mind. I will need to confirm some things with the members. Here is what I am thinking for each team:

QC:
    -Kirby
    -Max21

GP:
    -Hicky
    -Tony

This will be the temporary list and the QC team will accept 2 more members. The GP team is not accepting any more members. If you would like to join the QC team then you MUST have a good amount of competitive battling knowledge ALONG with at least 3 referrers. PM me for more details.

Section 3: Update Tiers

I am thinking that we will go by Smogon Tiers, however, Kirby may have different plans on this.

Well that's about it for that, this will be regularly updated as needed. Again, any help will be greatly appreciated! We are in major need for people to write articles/analyses so if you are able to do that, please check out the queue once we get it all done! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or Kirby.

PLAY IN THE UBERS METAGAME!

BATON PASS MUST BE BANNED. Dual Screen -> SmashPass -> Sweep = Fucking gay.

WEATHER TEAMS ARE NOT OP OR BROKEN IN ANY WAY. I LIKE WEATHER, SO FUCK YOU. (Except that little mole, yeah Excadrill get your ass over to ubers.)

This is the BEST Smogon Analysis EVAR:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=13

-The bottom one is false.

-The top one is true.

Come contribute to the Pokemon Online Wiki!

Seems solid bro, I might just steal some on this and add it into the other intro, (or the other way around, I don't honesttly care.)

My only problem is that there are not a lot of members, 2 QCs is still the way to go, but one GP should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Seems solid bro, I might just steal some on this and add it into the other intro, (or the other way around, I don't honesttly care.)

My only problem is that there are not a lot of members, 2 QCs is still the way to go, but one GP should be fine.
    Okay i will change the amount of required GP checks to one for now. Once we can get this whole thing a bit more active, we can change it to two GP checks

WEATHER TEAMS ARE NOT OP OR BROKEN IN ANY WAY. I LIKE WEATHER, SO FUCK YOU. (Except that little mole, yeah Excadrill get your ass over to ubers.)

-The top one is true.

Sorry for double post, but this is completed!! I plan to start working on this project asap.

-The top one is true.

You seem to be better at typing and junk, I give you permission to take the main OP, copy what I have if you want.

I want atleast 10 people consistantly on this before we make tiers. Again, try to keep people away from contraversial pokemon for now.

You seem to be better at typing and junk, I give you permission to take the main OP, copy what I have if you want.
    Okay I will take over the queue once I can get God to create the two sub-forums. I'm going to refrain from doing too much until those two sub-forums are made, but we can start writing analyses/articles up and transfer them over.

-The top one is true.

I want atleast 10 people consistantly on this before we make tiers. Again, try to keep people away from contraversial pokemon for now.
    Yeah I plan on staying on the bare minimum until we can get everything stabilized. By stabilized I mean that things are organized in their sub-forums and we have a decent sized workforce.

-The top one is true.