Thread: As An Autumn Leaf Fell

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default As An Autumn Leaf Fell

As An Autumn Leaf Fell

I think back sometimes to the days when we were young, and I smile. I don't know exactly why my mind drifts to you now and then considering how many years have passed. I'm always so busy with life, having so very much to do, it slips by so fast. I barely have enough time to eat and sleep now-a-days. That's why I found it surprising that today on the eve of finals, you came into my mind.

The sky had a grey overcast while I was walking down Walnut Street to campus. When I walk, I am usually looking at my feet, but today, I kept looking at the trees. On the East Coast, all the leaves have changed color and are falling down. I always liked Autumn, I think you did too. It's funny, I forget so much about everything from then, but little things like that still linger in my head.

For some reason, when I was looking at a leaf in the near distance falling wistfully to the ground, you suddenly entered my thoughts. I saw your face in my eyes, as if everything didn't exist and I was just walking into nothingness. For a few seconds, I heard you laugh the way you do, or at least the way I remember you did. Once this glazed apparition faded and I could see the sidewalk again, I lightly laugh and smiled.

We were crazy you know, crazy and young. How did we survive for as long as we did? How did we think we could last longer? But, I suppose you knew before me that it couldn't last as it was anymore and that's why it ended as it did. I don't blame you for anything that happened though, things like that just happen. To be honest, I don't fault you for a single thing, those thoughts don't even come to mind. What really perplexes me the most though, are what do.

I haven't heard our song more than ten times since we parted ways. I think the last time I did was only a few months ago though, it made me smile. I remember the other songs I used to sing to you too. I remember how in my teens I listened to them on my iPod while only thinking of you. And how could I forget the cornucopia that broke?

I must be such a fool to have somehow kept all these memories, unintentionally or not. How else would someone describe a person who while watching a lofty leaf sway to the street allows their self to roam back to a time when they shared their life with another? A fool I may be, and I'll take that title, but I have good reason to still have these memories. I miss you. I promised that I would never leave you, but you're the one that has never left my heart, and you never will.

There are still so many things I want to say, but I think I have said enough. This may all sound silly but I've always been a silly kind of person. I hope we talk again soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9PVLNe9ReM
    Last edited by Dogar The Brave; 01-30-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

That's beautiful.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Aw thanks Trixie, what's your favorite aspect of it?

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

I just like the whole idea of how the leaf triggered so many memories. That happens to me a lot, like the smell of rain always reminds me of a particular time in my life, and there's that one happy song that makes me feel wistful.

And the thought of "I'll never forget you" is always beautiful.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*