Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1589

Thread: A thread: Pseudo Blog

  1. #76
    Street Justice Hero Fullmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crusading
    Posts
    16,240

    Default

    imo is the only one i know won't change regardless of what i say, the others are stupid and need to go. the purpose of an acronym is to turn a highly used sequence of words into an abbreviation for conveniency, and btw/tbh/imo are NOT used often enough to warrant that usage.

  2. #77
    Street Justice Hero Fullmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crusading
    Posts
    16,240

    Default

    Relationships are hard man. You constantly get put into these positions that have no easy way out. On the one hand, you have your own interests and needs, in the other you have your loves well being. You can choose to address a situation, or you can let one slide. Most of the time it's better to let things slide, but not everything is easy to let go.

    As i said, you have your own interests to watch out for. There's a time and a place for your interests though, and you have to look at what the cost would be to fulfill your interests on your loves end. After gathering facts, like any good thought out plan, you make the correct judgement. If your interests will not interfere too much on your loves end, then go for it. Here's where you have to watch out though. You have to see if your needs are getting met. An easier way is to check if your needs are equally met according to the loves needs. You may have a couple major needs, while the other person has many minor ones. Sometimes you can be like me where you have only a couple minor needs that need to be met so you're fine with meeting someone else's interests, even if they are many times the number of yours. However, sometimes you get these bad positions i don't like. Where you're the one that feels like you get shafted on everything while you continue to do everything your love asks of you. The few times you ask for something back, you get rejected. This is a dangerous spot to be in.

    Your mind starts giving warnings to bail out and leave, but your heart doesn't want to give it up. Even in the face of overwhelmingly sufficient evidence including numerous events and such, you stay in there. Why? You're optimistic. You think everything will pan out and go back to the way it was. What if it doesn't? I don't have an answer to that really. Either keep taking the abuse with the unfaultering optimism, or be completely logical and say fuck this. Whichever you decide on, you need to do something else first. That something is address the issue. Talk to each other, explain what's going on and why you feel the way you do. If one of the 2 loves explains a situation they don't like, acknowledge it. Don't be a person that only cares about securing your own interests. One sided relationships are totally fucked, especially when the one on the bad end has a massive threshold for abuse.

    It's extremely easy for people to forget about what others feel. I'm immensely empathetic so i don't have this problem, but i've met many people who don't possess this trait. You say to yourself "Ok, my love does everything i ask them to and i'm happy so that must mean they're happy as well right?" Not always. What's good for one might not be good for another. Sometimes the one on the bad end speaks up and gets shot down. That's not cool at all. I swear this has been proven many times over. 2 people could be in a relationship, person A has a reason for not being able to do something and person B complains. Then person B will do the same thing to person A and act like they did nothing wrong. Let's use an example of person A works long hours during the week, so they can only see person B on the weekends. Person B, naturally so, says they don't like the limited hours. Person A makes some sacrifices, either trading shifts or getting a new job entirely, just to be with person B more. Everything is dandy for a bit. Person B then starts doing the same thing to person A, doesn't have to be the exact thing, but the general idea. Person A will say wtf to person B, and person B will say it's not their fault. Person A brings up examples of recent events, like trading shifts to make more time with person B then explains how sacrifices and such are needed to make relationships work. Person B will hear none of that, and just apologize to person A but keep treating them the same.

    A tip for you guys. When you apologize, that means you will try to stop doing the thing you apologized for. That is the way you atone for mistakes, you stop doing them. A simple concept no one seems to grasp anymore.

    I don't know why so many people do this though. They can do the exact same thing to someone else that either the same person or someone else did to them, and they think it's ok when they do it only. Why do we think all of our reasons are justified no matter what? It can even be the same reason with the same effect but when you do it it's ok? What the fuck? The logic escapes me on this. If you bring up your concern, it becomes an argument and you're always wrong. When they have the same concern and they bring it up, both of you are justified to yourselves. One of you is obviously right, so you better come packing examples. No flat denials either. If you ever hear someone respond with "no i don't" in the face of all your evidence, call that your victory. Of course you have to celebrate in silence, because you're just wrong and running your mouth to the other person.

    So now i leave a plea to you. Do not put your loves in these horrible places. Don't be someone that only satisfies your own interests and not the others. Don't be someone who thinks they're always right. Don't apologize unless you're willing to change what's going on. Don't argue with someone just because they don't like how the relationship is now. They may like how things used to be even if you hate it, and by you saying they're wrong to like the past instead of the present just because you like the present more is baffling. I suppose you can call this selfish, but i wouldn't. Regardless, try and work out your problems before doing anything rash.

    I'll repeat myself for the sake of repeating a point. Your own reasons will always sound justified to yourself, so learn to view objectively and you will have a much nicer perspective.

  3. #78
    Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    I'd never use lol seriously. You'd never say 'Laugh Out Loud!' in a serious block of text unless you were just a drunkard.

    imo is ok. In my opinion just has the pseudo-esque to make it sound weird.

    It's really gay how Smogon use stuff like 'itt' for 'in this thread' when you'd never use that anyway.

    Just by the way ~

    ffs - for fuck sake
    btw - by the way
    tbh - to be honest
    idk - i dont know
    idc - i dont care
    wth - what the hell
    lmao - laughing my ass off
    rofl - rolling on floor laughing
    imo - in my opinion
    jk - just kidding
    jp - just playing
    np - no problem

    The one that's most stupid is "asl" (age / sex / location). It's like saying you can't be bothered to make a personal thing or an actual greeting.

  4. #79
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,806

    Default

    idk is gay

    anyone who uses idk is a flaming fag

  5. #80
    Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    I didn't say they weren't now did I

  6. #81
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    it's kinda sad how people don't take the time to write out words completely... I hate internet chat speak.

  7. #82
    Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    That sounded like something a teacher would say. A G-CUP REINA TEACHER

  8. #83
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    I used to correct teachers on their grammar in junior high

    they hated me for it

  9. #84
    Pokemon Master Eve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    35,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    idk is gay

    anyone who uses idk is a flaming fag
    hahahahahahah i know someone you love very much who says it XD



  10. #85
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,806

    Default

    i hate him every moment he says it

  11. #86
    Pokemon Master Eve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    35,482

    Default

    her



  12. #87
    Pokemon Master Eve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    35,482

    Default

    she said it in almost every sentence



  13. #88
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    timmy's mother?

  14. #89
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,806

    Default

    if my mother ever said idk i would cunt her face in

  15. #90
    Pokemon Master Eve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    35,482

    Default

    i shoulddddd tell you but nah i wont



  16. #91
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    you seem to have a lot of violent fantasies against your mother

  17. #92
    One Bad Influence
    Guest

    Default

    It's great how Adam writes an amazing post on something he feels very strongly about, and instead of getting the typical responses like "Good show, mate!" and "Cheers, love! I agree entirely!" or whatever, he gets a bunch of pointless shit about abreviations that no one should honestly care so much about. I mean, let's just all completely ignore the "don't fucking spam in my thread" rule and talk about shit where it's completely out of place, right?

    Seriously, have some respect. This is his thread.

  18. #93
    Street Justice Hero Fullmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crusading
    Posts
    16,240

    Default

    It can't be helped. I opened the door for the acronyms. If they want to talk about something else that's fine, but i wouldn't flag it spam yet. The other thread was worse. I've made massive posts that get skipped over entirely, and that's extremely annoying. The pill post was the one that pissed me off the most. That was essay fucking material right there and it got no responses

    Maybe some of them are just a higher level than what most can handle.

  19. #94
    One Bad Influence
    Guest

    Default

    That's it I'm sure

  20. #95
    captain of the ship kg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    at sea
    Posts
    10,522

    Default

    i think eve is talking about me

    i say idk all the time, but usually its just when i'm lazy and im not in the mood to type out words.

    also when i dont feel like talking to someone, i bust out the acronyms. nothing kills a conversation like "lol idk". which is very handy

  21. #96
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Influence View Post
    It's great how Adam writes an amazing post on something he feels very strongly about, and instead of getting the typical responses like "Good show, mate!" and "Cheers, love! I agree entirely!" or whatever, he gets a bunch of pointless shit about abreviations that no one should honestly care so much about. I mean, let's just all completely ignore the "don't fucking spam in my thread" rule and talk about shit where it's completely out of place, right?

    Seriously, have some respect. This is his thread.
    are you looking for a fight?

  22. #97
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    It can't be helped. I opened the door for the acronyms. If they want to talk about something else that's fine, but i wouldn't flag it spam yet. The other thread was worse. I've made massive posts that get skipped over entirely, and that's extremely annoying. The pill post was the one that pissed me off the most. That was essay fucking material right there and it got no responses

    Maybe some of them are just BORING WHO CARES ABOUT PILLS.

  23. #98
    captain of the ship kg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    at sea
    Posts
    10,522

    Default

    oh and cheers adam, good show

  24. #99
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    are you looking for a fight?
    Tim's got a point. Though I can see your point and I'll try making a point of not doing what you pointed out, OBI, your post was kind of inflammatory. You also indirectly called us stupid (and you too, Adam). I remember the pill post and the reason why I didn't respond to it was it was too much information all at once. Also, I'm not overly interested in pharmaceuticals. Though I know it may be taken as an insult to Adam because I know he worked on the rant, I don't mean it that way.People respond most to what they find strikes most of a chord with them. It doesn't mean we didn't like or appreciate your post.

    I personally can't find a common ground with Adam's pill post because I'm 1) not interested in pharmaceuticals, and 2) I never engage in any kind of interaction with pharmeutical companies, and therefore I know little about them. Does that mean I'm disrespecting his post? I think it would be more disrespectful if I felt I had to post something to acknowledge his post, but since I couldn't connect to the post, I posted something stupid.

    Let's not sling mud.

  25. #100
    Street Justice Hero Fullmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crusading
    Posts
    16,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walrus View Post
    Tim's got a point. Though I can see your point and I'll try making a point of not doing what you pointed out, OBI, your post was kind of inflammatory. You also indirectly called us stupid (and you too, Adam).
    That's just how you took it. It was seemed inflammatory to you because you felt it was hostile, most likely because it was a combination of swear words and direct criticism on how you handle responses. No one called anyone stupid, indirect or otherwise. Everyone's just trying to create drama or something

    I remember the pill post and the reason why I didn't respond to it was it was too much information all at once. Also, I'm not overly interested in pharmaceuticals. Though I know it may be taken as an insult to Adam because I know he worked on the rant, I don't mean it that way.People respond most to what they find strikes most of a chord with them. It doesn't mean we didn't like or appreciate your post.
    She wasn't even referring to that post. i used it as an example of some posts of mine that get ignored. I don't take these things as insults

    Let's not sling mud.
    OBI had a heated opinion is all. If you take her perspective up the ass and want to start crap then it's on your guys' heads.

    oh and cheers adam, good show
    I have been patronized! The apocalypse will commence shortly.

    are you looking for a fight?
    it only becomes a fight if you take what she said up the ass. if you want to talk like adults or just leave it alone that's probably better

    i have to use an army of disarming smileys because you guys might think i'm being hostile. shame on you.

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •