Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread: Pseudo Blog

In case you don't watch NBA action, which a majority of you do not, here are my thoughts on it.

In broadcasting, my favorite broadcaster as well as the best one, is Marv Albert. The man is just divine on the mic. He doesn't start up stupid stories, he broadcasts with immense passion, and he does it very accurately. A major plus is his voice isn't annoying, more later on that later. Have you ever seen someone get an and-1 with Marv announcing? He gets excited when it happens. "Here comes Tony Parker down the lane with the tear drop and the foul!". It's 2 different kinds of emphasis that's why i used italics and bold. If you see this kind of thing happen you know what i'm talking about.

The best former player/coach broadcaster was Charles Barkley the one time he got to do it. The second would be Bill Walton. Third is Steve Kerr. Fourth is Reggie Miller. Doug Collins is crap, all he does is say "boy when that guy is healthy he makes such a contribution to the team. he plays much better when he's healthy than when he isn't." 48 minutes of that shit.

Actual broadcasters again, most of them suck. Kevin Harlan is crap, but MIKE BREEN is the absolute worst ever. His voice is already annoying, and he just ruins the game for me. Breen's main surprise reaction comments are "BANG!" which is so flamingly gay i swear. I bet he says that when he busts on his cats face.

But srsly, he really sucks. Hubie Brown is inconsistant. Hubie is fantastic and would be second if he didn't team up with Breen (he hasn't lately so big hopes for me). When Hubie is NOT with Breen, he broadcasts the game from an expert coaches perspective. You're watching 2 or 3 people run around trying to drive the ball off a screen and Hubie is saying "ok right here he should kick it out to his left because that double team gave him an open man, it was horrible defense by the opposing team" and sure enough seconds later the ball goes to where hubie said it would. When he's with Breen however, this does not happen because Breen asks the stupidest questions ever, this is a standard dialogue between the 2:

Breen: Hello everyone. Hall of Famer Hubie Brown and Mike Breen on hand down in Miami for the first half of our ESPN double header. So Hubie, you and I were talking before the game and you were telling me what Miami needs to do to get a win here today.

Hubie: Well first of all, Shaq needs to make the most of his minutes. He needs to play in the paint where he is an absolute terror, and connect on his high percentage shots as well get rebounds. Next, Haslem has to step up big and give the Heat what he's best at, and that is playing in the low post getting rebounds and shooting the 10 foot jump shot because that is his best range. Finally, Wade has to have a big game. He must control the tempo like usual since Jason Williams is out, and come 4th quarter he needs to go to work driving to the basket and creating offense.

Honestly it's the John Madden equivalent here. He might as well say "they need to get more points than the other team to get a win". When these 2 are apart it's much better, as previously stated. I think when i started hating Mike Breen was on one highlight they played constantly breen says "Wade...PUTS IT IN!!!" Hear that enough and it sounds like a dentist drill. Not to mention Breen seems to moan like he came when he saw it.

When i can find what i want on youtube it doesn't suck as bad. Obviously.

TNT > ESPN. ESPN is way too official and assholes like Tim Legler (something like that) just ruin it by being too official and sporty. TNT on the other hand won emmy's because it's actually entertaining especially w/ the Chuckster, but EJ and Kenny are cool plus the constant visits my Magic are a big in my book.

Even if you don't like basketball watch some games to notice what i'm talking about.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

I don't watch sports on TV (I typically don't watch tv in general) but I've seen my father watch it a lot (he loves basketball and football and will scream at the tv when his team doesn't play well ) and from the snippets I hear the announcers are almost always annoying pieces of shits.

But other than that I really don't know what to say on the matter because I just don't give a damn about sports

I appreciate the attempt.

DSX

I always look forward when the Heat games are being broadcasted on TNT. So much life and color from the commentary. Of course, the usual laughs after the games.

Speaking of Heat Shaq dominated the Pistons tonight.

DSX

He's going to need to do more of that if the heat have hopes for the playoffs.

Think their playoff hopes are over, Wade went with season ending surgery if i'm not mistaken

DSX

Ouch, what a blow. And thats the first I hear about it.

Advanced Trainer

I don't get any sports but Hand Ball.

oh by the way, fullmetal, weren't you going to do a rant on tourette's?

I forgot all about that. The last one i just made was cuz i was lazy and not in the critical thinking mood.

Buckweat

That must suck.

It's what Hitler would have listened to.

Frankly i don't really care because i'd say he had some good taste. Their singer is fantastic, i love his voice plus he sings with passion.

for Rammstein.

THATS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?

MUSIC HITLER WOULD LISTEN TO AND THEY HAVE SHITTY BLUE HAIR AND ONE OF THEM HAS THE FAGGOTEST GLASSES I'VE SEEN IN QUITE SOME TIME?

HITLER MUSIC?

I DONT FUCKING THINK SO

those are some pretty horrible glasses alright, I'm not sure I like them

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    THATS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?

MUSIC HITLER WOULD LISTEN TO AND THEY HAVE SHITTY BLUE HAIR AND ONE OF THEM HAS THE FAGGOTEST GLASSES I'VE SEEN IN QUITE SOME TIME?

HITLER MUSIC?

I DONT FUCKING THINK SO
    I get one bad picture and you think it's all kinds of fucked up.

DSX

They did make a song about Hitler. I currently have it in my iPod. Very awesome to say the least.

Wasn't there a System of a Down song about Charles Manson?

The bad part about pets:

They die.

I spent friday taking our 10 year old rottwiler to die at the local vet. After that the rest of the day seemed to suck because of the energy sink my house had. It's made even more depressing because our other dog wanders around the house looking for the one that just died. It might sound retarded for an animal to do this but i swear this is what he's been doing for the last 2 days. Walks over to Rommels spot in the back yard, where he sleeps in the house, where his food bowl was, just looking for him.

I really don't like this "mercy killing" bullshit we do with our pets. They start struggling and looking like they're in pain so we kill them to have some sort of humanitarian sense about us. Granted this dog was pretty fucked up in his last days. He had kidney tumorS as well as bladder ones. He had a heart irregularity at birth that one vet told us wasn't a problem, then years later we find out it was a huge fucking problem and the dog can't take many medicines because of this condition in his heart. So for the last 3 weeks (got the cancer news on my birthday, lovely) i had to watch this dog i grew up with for 10 years lay out back breathing weakly, then piss out chunks of blood. It was pretty messed up to say the least.

My father was the biggest man about it. He would sit up at 2am crying about the dog but when it came time to kill it he wouldn't go with my mom. What a fucking coward. This is a reason why i hate my dad but that's another post entirely. I said i'd go with her because that is really a fucked up assignment. The fact the dog was dying was really sad but i came to terms with it. I started getting real sad and crying when i saw the rest of my family doing it, and talking to the dog saying things like "yes these were always your favorite" as my mom fed him a ton of dog treats on the way to the vet. It was a heart crusher. We finally get to the vet and i try to get him out but he won't come out of my car, then my mom tries and he hops right out. Mom turns and says "he follows me anywhere because he trusts me". That trust is taking him in the next room to DIE. I waited outside, and right before she took him inside to do the deed the dog walks over and gives the equivalent of a dog hug to me like he knew it was coming. My mom told me that when they tried to take him away to finish him off he wouldn't leave and he fought to stay with my mom.

It's all made worse by the fact our other dog keeps walking around looking for him when he isn't coming back.

My uncle took his dog into the field and shot it execution style. I don't know if i'd want the soldiers death or the mercy killing or the natural death.

This brings up a good point. When we lose a pet, we either shower our other one with love or if we don't have another pet we go and buy a new one. Just to fill the void. Pets are some weird things indeed for humans.

In either case, i salute my brave soldier. The Diesel of my house.

I regret your loss. I've never had a pet die on me -- I've had two pets in my lifetime, and one ran away after we had to keep her at my grandmother's house for a few months while we moved (but we were going to take her back after we finished moving) -- but I can't ever imagine killing my cat. My cat is everything to me -- he's been with me through my hardest times and has always been my friend, no matter how much I thought the rest of the world hated me. You could be the most rotten person in the world and it doesn't matter to your pet -- they're your buddy through and through.

My advice is rather than grieving over your loss, think about the good times you spent with your Rottwieler. It's probably easier said than done, but I really don't know what else to say. By the way, what was your dog's name?

aww adam i'm awful at consoling, so i'll just say 'sorry for your loss' i guess. blahh i have a dog and even though i say i dont like him and i'm pretty sure he doesnt like me, i'll still be really really sad when he passes on

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

That post made me think of my 13 year old dog. She hasn't died yet, nor have I lived a day at home without her, but I know her death is coming... 'Tis a sad thing to lose a best friend.

I wasn't doing it so people could feel sorry for me. It was just a story folks.

Dog's name was Rommel.

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

Rest in peace.

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast