Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread: Pseudo Blog

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

His trademark is writing stuff that isnt really needed actually

U LOOKIN 4 SUM 2 SAMHICKFORD?!

yes

BRING IT FULLMEATLE

I really don't feel like continuing this after everything that has happened. Post as you normally posted in here before and things should be ok. If i feel like someone is forcing themselves to comment a way they don't like and patronizing, then this will be a suspended project.

==========

The human body is something amazing and something extremely weak at the same time. On the one hand you have the perfection of its workings. By this i mean things like regenerating, the ability to break down many different substances into raw nutrients and process the waste, the ability to improve certain aspects of it to fulfil your needs, and my personal favorite is the mind.

You get a cut and it heals over, that's pretty cool. Sadly you can't regenerate lost limbs, but the body can handle itself pretty well most of the time. The biggest being broken bones. A bone in your body can fracture or break entirely, and the body with enough time will mend and reconnect the bone. That's something truly magical. For diseases and stuff you have an immune system. A force of cells that are designed with the purpose of killing foreign and harmful cells inside you. I don't even know how they do it. Germ warfare would be something cool to watch, but i digress. They purge your body of harmful things and then repair it to top form. Almost naturally, but sometimes they need help from medicines to speed up the process. There are so many diseases you don't catch on a daily basis because the human immune system has evolved so much that it doesn't fear them anymore and disposes of these things within seconds before you even know they exist. Don't get in my face with that "the cold is everchanging" bullshit. If the cold was always changing why does it always do the same thing to your body? Sore throat and a stuffy nose, wow.

Your body also draws all the things it can find use for from a certain food or drink before turning it into waste which it gets rid of within a few hours. Doesn't matter how wide your variety of taste is, the body will find what it needs if you eat moderately. It's not just a cliche folks, everything in moderation. If you could find a way to stomach a rock your body would try and digest it for iron or other metals to use for the body. That's pretty bitchin. If by chance your body doesn't like it, you kick it out before even trying to digest it. The body's many ways of purging are so well designed it's shocking.

Another thing is the improving of your body. Weight lifting is the easiest way to see what i'm talking about. By constant training of targeted areas, you can make your body adapt to the new task so it will build muscle to meet demand. It's something like you tear old tendons and rebuild bigger and stronger ones, that's how a muscle enlarges i *believe*. This can be seen as a form of evolution. Body needs a certain aspect it doesn't have, so it tries to evolve to make it happen. Simple really.

The mind is just astonishing at all the things it can do. No joke or understatement folks, that organ in your head is a stunning piece of fleshy machinary. The ability to retain knowledge by all sense factors of touch, scent, taste, sight and sound so vividly is marvelous. It can recognize things by patterns or certain things like a color. Think of a video game. I'll use my mvc2. In this game there are 50 something characters, each with their own moves and such. Between all of them i know at least 150 different moves, 500 different combinations of attacks, 150+ different assist types, over 300 different colors (each char can have 6 different colors) they can be, what the music is on all 18 fighting stages and what they look like, and even several strategies on how to play with and against each character. There is no bragging their folks, i seriously know all of that and more. It even gets more extreme. I can see the speed of things in the game. How fast what attack is against what attack, the delay someone has after performing a move, and where people have openings in their guard. That's a lot of info to get down into the mind. The hand-eye coordination is massive. The agility and dexterity used to perfection for your hands to manipulate controllers is staggering. The mind is able to multi task what it's seeing, what it needs to do, and then relays that information to your hands and gives the muslces the impulses to do the exact moves required of them to perform the task it wants done. That happens in a fraction of a second. What's amazing is i have the ability to recall it instantly at will. It doesn't even take much space in my mind, i still remember plenty of other things and they come to the front at the same instant speed.

Another cool thing about it is stuff like reflexes. They exist in games like the one above, but it spreads further. Ever been walking down a flight of stairs not even holding a guard rail, but suddenly you slip? Without even thinking, instantly by reflex your brain forces your hand to reach out and grab something for support. Not randomly either, your brain knows exactly how fast your arm needs to move, when your hand needs to open then close, and where the nearest thing for safety is at. All of this is decided in some insanely small fraction of a second that all of us would just call instantly because it's easier. It even feels emotions and stuff, ranging from extremes like happy and sad, love and anger, or jealousy and humor. The human mind is even blessed with creativity for art in many forms. You can even learn many new things as complicated as languages or algebraic equations. The only time you ever forget these things is if you don't use them for a while, which is understandable. It's still there in your mind but because it isn't practiced enough it isn't as fresh or as easy to call up, which is why sometimes we need refreshers.

On the other hand, your body is also extremely weak. Even if it can draw nutrients out of food, it can't handle stuff if you overload it. Too much bad food will cause you to get fat because the body won't be able to process it as much. Bad food takes a while to process out and if it's the majority of what you eat, of course you're going to see the bad results of it. It falls on you to help it out. Either by working out or stopping entirely, pick one. Drugs and alcohol are also bad. These hurt the body, fucking up it's functions. I've said it before, the reason you get high is because a foreign substance is forced into the body and it does something irregular to cause a sensation. This irregularity is harmful and dangerous, which is why drug addicts go retarded, lose teeth, die way earlier, or otherwise cease to function normally. Don't do that to your poor body, it can't handle it.

Even our fuel isn't proportional. We have to eat 3 times and sleep at least 8 hours to operate at maximum efficiency. After all of that, at the most we can go for 16 hours before slowing down.

Skin protects from minor things but in reality it's fragile. A sharp edge with minimal pressure applied is able to rip it open. Pressure causes bruises, extreme cold isn't protected by it, nor is heat. If you get too cold you lose dexterity and stamina. If you get too hot you keep dexterity longer but still lose stamina. Too much of either causes severe damage like burns and frostbite. Small drops of weird chemicals can cause infections or other unsightly things like dirt+face = pimple.

For as complex as the mind is, it goes primal way easy. Reflexes could be called primal if you're a dick and use backdoor logic, but we don't do that. Primal is kind of like survival situations. Where you abandon logic and thought (the higher mind switches off) and live by instincts (the lower mind). Impulse isn't as much lower mind as it is higher, it's kind of there on both ends. Just to tap on this, religion does a great job containing impulse. Ever notice all sins are against impulse? Humans are every sin by natural habit. This is why the Bible is more of a "shape up" book than the word of the lord. All people are greedy, experience lustful feelings, are slothful, prideful, envious, gluttonous and wrathful by nature and these are seen as negatives so we contain them by saying they are sins. Pretty clever. You control speech and emotion and you can control thought. I digress once more, but we were done anyway.

I really hate teenagers. They are so annoying to even be around. Teens will have a perfect life going and still find something almost minute to be depressed over. What you don't know is, that in the growing state of your entire body, the mind loses some ability of self control on your emotions. That's why teens are always wild cards in how they feel.

Plus that depression is superficial. They go to school and say "no one at school even talks to me ". Maybe...JUST MAYBE...it could have something to do with the fact that you wear black clothes saying "I hate life and want to kill everyone i see" and go sit with your head down in some lonely corner, or even your total lack of social skills and social effort. I'm getting depressed just looking at you. The only friends they make are other ones that are depressed too because that's all teens want to do, relate with each other so they can bitch more. It's always school too. "Everyone at school are jerks and mean and hate me ". It's because you take everything so literally and up the ass it seems that way. If you don't get a response you want to hear, you think they hate you. Maybe you just have bad empathy skills. The only group of humans in society that have more freedoms than anyone else, and STILL WHINE. They get mad at their parents for questioning them when they go out and come home. That's what they're supposed to do. That is their job as parents. Do we understand? Don't get me wrong, not all parents are winners, but most of the time the parent is just looking out for them and the teen bitches because they aren't getting the response they wanted. Teens just want to relate, seriously. They dont give a damn about anyones problems but their own and wont even respond to stuff unless they can bitch too.

These depressive teens, i laugh at them. They sit in class looking sad for no viable reason at all. They just want people to come over and be concerned about them. I've seen someone wear a wrist cast before and have no wrist injury at all, but he did it so people would talk to him. They'd say "OMG how did that happen?". He responded "I don't know *weak chuckle* i woke up and it was hurting". Translation "I can't get noticed by being a person so i want your pity". Teens are the only group in society with the most freedoms and it's never enough. You have a car, parents that give you everything, and no responsibilities at all. The thing you bitch about? Parents asking questions or setting limits like curfew. THEY ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR SAFETY. It needed repeating, and i know it's not even sinking in now. I mean come on, young kids don't know wtf is happening around them anyway and adults have to work and support a family. Adults next to never bitch, unless they have that old teen mindset and couldn't shake it. They say to themselves "Ok, i have a responsibility here, and i will fulfill that". Rarely you get people like my dad who just bitches about everything too. Teens, you have everything in the world on a golden plate and it's still not enough. Learn to appreciate what you have instead of wanting more. They never blame themselves either. It's always someone else's fault. This is beyond annoying at this point. This is just ignorant.

Teens always have this sense of self righteousness about them. Like everything they say is golden and needs to be obeyed for the good of humanity. The mindset is "I'm a good person compared to all these people" and that's how this happens. Every sentence out of their mouths will lead us to prosperity. Yup, they take on the monumental tasks of gossiping about school and talking about shitty music they listen to and shows they see. You can easilly make this connection. Teens are a group of people that push their belief on you more than anyone save religious fundamentalists. If Linkin Park sucks to one, NO ONE ELSE MAY LISTEN TO IT. The conversation should be this short:

A: I like Linkin Park.
    B: I don't.

That's it. As if someone invisible says "Why not?" to them they start tirading on how shitty it is without any real musical reason. Teen logic consists of "it's gay" and "it sucks" for their immense debating skills. Anyone that appreciates music the right way would know that the reason we have so many different kinds of music is because not everyone has the same taste in it. When i say Linkin Park, Green Day, or Newfound Glory suck, i give examples. Linkin Park has some screaming white guy that is obnoxious to hear. Green Day has no talent at all, they just want fame and money. Newfound Glory is also no talent because they repeat lyrics, the singer is also obnoxious, and their instrumentals are unskilled to perform. See, that is how you break something down and it helps you sound like you know what you are talking about.

Point remains, teens are too self righteous. They do shit like getting involved with the vegetarian movement because they want to be different. There's no "animal cruelty" here folks. There is nothing wrong with raising an animal in captivity and eating it. In fact, that is how you raise crops. In captivity then you eat them. IT IS THE EXACT SAME THING. The only thing different is we don't go out and hunt them because that would take too much time. No one had a problem with the indians and their buffalo genocide did they? Don't even get in my face with that "Yea but the indians used all the parts of the buffalo". We use everything off the cow we can. Eat the meat, weird mexicans eat the tongue and head, the ears can be dog toys, we turn the hides into leather products. I don't see the difference here. If you think about chickens and stuff, we use everything that we can use off of them. Same concept. Teens come back with "we pump them full of hormones!". Ok. Explain to me a better way to feed your countries population. We'd all starve if we didn't raise them this way. Plus i would bet you cash money that farmers pump hormone equivalent steroids into their veggies to meet production needs. Double standard much? They have this overwhelming need to stand out and be noticed to satisfy their massive egos. Need the flashy over the top phone, need the hot car, need the cool clothes, need to be in the popular group. The teens that bitch about popular kids at school do it because they aren't popular. Logic is simple right? Ask a teen and they call popular kids bitches and such.

The labels. Oh my god the labels. Correct labels are ones that seperate mass groups of people by something easilly distinguished. Whites, black, latinos, asians, arabs, males, females and maybe native americans and hindus are the only viable label. Nope, not good enough for teens. You have to be a prep, skater, jock, goth, emo, nerd, geek, stoner, slut, player, thug, asian, rebel, or in the popular clique. Someone can't be a person anymore can they? Yea i repeated asian. This is a different kind. An adult labeled asian is someone that looks asian. A teen label asian is one that's smart and you're going to ask for homework help from.

Bullying is a concept only kids and teens do. It's retarded stop that. Someone that's intimidating messes with someone they know is sheepish for their own self amusement. That's just fucked up. I was bullied many times in my school days, and i don't really understand the mentallity behind it. Also, i never let it get to me. It didn't depress me, i didn't whine, i didn't shoot up my school. That's how you knuckle up folks. The only times i bitched about bullies is when a group of them stole my backpack and wallet, and when 5 of them jumped me and practiced WWF moves on me. The first was gay the latter was pretty funny when i mention it, but you have to understand i got thrown into lockers, polls, and took some physical abuse. Not cool. In 8th grade a kid that was jealous his friend was talking to me more instead of him slammed my head into a countertop. What's funny is teens always act like they did nothing wrong afterwards. I was overreacting? Sorry for that, i mean it's so obvious from all the blood pouring out of my forehead. I won't bleed again and get you suspended. Teens you aren't infallible (learned how to spell it yay!). Stop acting like everything you do is perfectly ok and justified when it isn't.

Teen stupidity continues to rise. Most do this annoying thing where they call themselves freaks/crazy/weird or other synonyms to those for more standing out purposes. The only group of people that refuses to stand up to people when they need to. They will bitch CONSTANTLY behind their backs and get everyone hating someone in secret, but when that person comes around it's all smiles. What horse shit. You tell them to handle the problem and they say "i dont want them mad at me ". YOU FUCKING HATE THEM. This line of logic is beyond belief. It is impossible to comprehend other than they are just afraid of confrontation. What is so stupid too, is that no matter how many times a certain friend wrongs them, they still hang out. I don't get that shit at all. Someone pisses you off, you either tell them or ignore them. I don't know if this is a double standard or just plain retardation. Honestly teens, you are next to never correct. Someone can punch holes in everything you say and do yet you refuse to accept truth. This is just something that is stunning to me.

teens in general?

No, obviously people like me are normal.

And don't say I'm not I'M NOT GOTHIC DIDNT CLAIM TO BE

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    No, obviously people like me are normal.

And don't say I'm not I'M NOT GOTHIC DIDNT CLAIM TO BE
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicky
    Gonna post what I just posted on PUK so I can get some support -

- Yesterday was the worst day of my life. Because of this, I called several people something abusive and temporarily destroyed my social status. I try to talk to people and they recall that incident and how much of an ass I was. So, obviously, it was anger that is the death of me.

- I lost my online status. You don't realize how much. Last Summer, I was tied with Luke as best male friend of Muhed but right now I'm in the negatives. I do everything I can to retain the bubbly guy I used to be but I can't seem to get on his good side. I don't have surefire friends on this site, I'm out of the social circle because I've become overconfident. All I do is act like myself and everyone tries to offer that as advice so I just feel like destroying my computer.

- Schoolwork is declining. It's not very noticable, but my success in school is really declining. I've gone from stuidious to stupid - well not really, but if I try to think of it as all I have going for me it really does suck.

- My apperance has now been associated with gothic. So now I'm a goth just because I wear black clothes despite the fact that teenage subcultures are really quite annoying.

- Don't have a girlfriend, haven't had one for 2 months. Every girl I talk to seems to have moved on.

Last Summer life was flourishing. This 2007 life is falling downhill like hell, and it appears to be going there too. So how am I out of myself? How can I really turn the tables in an effective way? Am I really just a shadow of what I used to be? Please, tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    teens in general?
    Every teen has done at least one of the things i listed constantly.

I'll be the first to admit I complain a lot about my school life (family life less because it's just not worth my time). However, I'd like to think that most teenagers don't have to deal with kids who think Illinois is a different country. (It's so sad...)

One Bad Influence

Ew teenagers. What emotion whores.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walrus View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I complain a lot about my school life (family life less because it's just not worth my time). However, I'd like to think that most teenagers don't have to deal with kids who think Illinois is a different country. (It's so sad...)
    Either start cracking some skulls or shut your mouth.

I just got the WoW expansion expect my social online life to lessen even more

DSX

Heh, already tried it out. So far its a blast.

I was playing it all day today i just got home with it. Was visiting friends in the offline. NONE OF US HAS A COLLECTORS EDITION THOUGH. no awesome netherdrake

DSX

Its saddening really. They looked awesome when I saw it around the servers.
    I might decide to go join you as horde. I may become a Blood Elf Mage. Call it bandwagon if you want but they are comparable to the gnomes in that sense.

God it's so overwhelmingly tempting to make a blood elf but i need to cap out my hunter first, otherwise i won't get anywhere.

DSX

Since I havent established a main yet that might be my chosen path. But if I do ill be cut off from my good bud who is Alliance.

Adam- just read your two big posts.

@ Human body one- I love thinking about that kind of stuff. Like how an entire thought on somthing is just some electrical waves passing over a synapse... its crazy. Almost too much to think about sometimes

@Teens- Read it over twice. I do occasionally fall into a category or two but for the most part I try to stay out of it. I see the people in my school that fall into every one of those categories and my desire to not suck as much as they do forces me to watch myself and be... well, not like them.

Prime example is this crazy enviornmentalist vegan save the universe "depressed" chick who hates all the "popular" people because they care more about lipgloss and ugg boots than, say, the situation in Darfur. Which I can understand why that would bother someone, but she HATES them. She constantly starts enormously obnoxious myspace dramas where she makes fun of them or hates on them. I don't think she gets that if we all talked about the big issues all the time we'd get bored pretty quick. Of course I understand why its important to know about the big issues and keep up on them but its important to give yourself some time off to focus on the light & fluffy too.

And I agree with the "all over the map" emotions part too. They're hard to keep in check. And a lot of kids try to get attention off of their bipolar-like traverse between happy and sad. Which I can understand too, because having such mixed up emotions all the time can really stress you out. Of course its not the end of the world, but, since we don't have responsibilities, we dont have to really own up to anything, and we havent had to face too much turmoil, stuff like that seems big to us. All in proportion, you know?

I just hope I dont get accused of that one too often though Apparently I look really sad when I'm actually just spacing out. Which happens a lot in math class. One time my teacher had me stay a minute after class because she wanted to know if anything was wrong. Harharhar. I really wanted to say "Well, your class is DEPRESSINGLY boring," but I don't have the cahones for that

Honestly no one that isn't in the government should worry too much about Darfur. A teenage girl is not the voice of the revolution, she needs to learn that.

It's cool though. People think i'm sad when i'm actually hungry because of the pose i take so i can see some easy misconceptions.

Owning up isn't so much because they have no responsibilities in my eyes. It's more the fact that so many teens have this undeserved cocky swagger about them, that they feel they are flawless. That's what annoys me. You can prove a teen wrong in many aspects, but they always think they're right. This flaw goes through a lot of humans but teens especially.

there were these fucking liberal lesbian bitches who were passing around flyers about darfur in my lunch one day awhile ago. i wanted to go tell them we have no business there we're not the WORLD POLICE just like we have NO BUSINESS IN IRAQ but i didnt have the enthusiasm

I went through an "every one is a stupid fuck and we should all be concerned about worldly matters" phase for about a month in 7th grade. Now looking back on it I realize how obviously stupid it is. You can only discuss something when you're my age, there's barely anything you can actually do. And discussing the hell out of something isn't going to help the cause any. Graah.

i was a pseudo-political liberal in 7th-8th grade

dont tell anyone

Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast