Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon is ridiculously unrealistic

Default Pokemon is ridiculously unrealistic

I mean I'm a fan of the game and everything but when you look at it objectively, it just doesn't make sense.

Who lets their kids leave home to go on a journey to capture WILD BEASTS when they are ten years old? And not only that but the idea of letting the pokemon battle each other would be absolutely outlawed in todays society. Chicken fights in your basement are illegal, Juan. I can't imagine people in our world would condone an electric rat (that'd be Pikachu) shocking the crap out of an enormous whale (Wailord, anyone?).

Discuss other unrealistic aspects.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

A flame continuously burning on a tail of a creature.

Creatures form the moon.

Evolving at abnormal rates.

Wow, there's alot to choose from.
    What stands out whenever I think about them are moves like Cut, Slash, etc. (especially in the anime); a Scyther will use razor-sharp blades to slash at another pokemon but nobody ever gets cut! Pokemon should be missing limbs after melee with a Scyther but no they only appear dirty and tired.

EDIT: Not to mention being alive after being blasted by flames from Charizard (which are hot enough to melt boulders) and Flareon (3,100 degrees Fahrenheit).

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

You know, just ONE out of control pokemon (charizard or salamence, maybe) is enough to exterminate an entire town.

Plus all the animal-rights people would say that it unlawful to capture a pokemon.

Tree hugging Person: "They should be allowed freedoom! Containing them in a ball is cruelty!"

Plus, how can a pokeball warp the mindset of a pokemon so that it'll listen to a trainer?

Magnetical dark hole the master's Avatar

The pokemon don't even....attack the cities even if they know that they....have enough power to...rule the world. The humans don't have weapons so they can't harm the pokemon...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetails 009 View Post

Plus, how can a pokeball warp the mindset of a pokemon so that it'll listen to a trainer?
    a better question (if there is such a thing) is why do wold pokemon care or respect what badges you have and listen to you when you have a bunch?

and master, why...do you put...dots seemingly random...places when you type? Its kinda distracting.

Pokemon evolution occuring in five seconds when it should take millions of years.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    Evolving at abnormal rates.
    and larvitars are supposed to eat mountains, that would cause problems with people trying to chart the topography, no?

not to mention team rocket wouldn't loose a pokemon battle and say "aww man okay you can go through this door to our top secret lab"

he would probably just shoot you in the face. forget about pokemon.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

but pokemon are the guns

yeah but if some annoying kid was going to try to get into the place where you were gaurding you would not have a pokemon battle. you'd shoot everyone and be like 'lol'.

to counter your argument it is a game, it isn't real, it's in a fictional world where people have DIFFERENT laws. dont try and find a flaw in pokemon, kg

um SAMHICKFORD read the first post

Quote Originally Posted by the amazing and infallible kg
    I mean I'm a fan of the game and everything but when you look at it objectively, it just doesn't make sense.

ok i'll just shut up now

Actually there was a case of a pokemon killing a human

Sakaki: Pocket Monsters the Radio Drama: The Birth of Mewtwo, Episode #1

Sakaki: (Narrating as sounds of falling stars and explosions are heard) Space...never ending space. When did space begin? Nothing is known in Space...never ending space. When did space begin? Nothing is known in detail. However, once upon a time, at the ends of space, in the galactic system...in one of the solar galaxies, a creature was born...it evolved...humans were born...and again, another time a new creature was born. More than a hundred species of this new creature was born, and eventually people called these mysterious creatures pocket monsters, or pokemon for short.
    --The pokemon did not stop at a hundred kinds. As time went on, new pokemon were found one after the other. (Music starts)

Announcer1: Today we, the military government, has intercepted communication waves from a pokemon discovery ship. 1011, about 200 nautical miles away from the open sea of Twin Island, I have met an unidentified pokemon. I am certain that this is the legendary Hakuryu. (Music ends)

Sakaki: (Narrating) There are many discoveries which have been left in history...

Announcer2: (Communicating through a radio) Oh, I just regret not letting others see this figure! Gyarados..Gyarados is right here in front of my eyes! We've heard that it's an atrocious pokemon, and as expected it looks very fierce. Oh..it's coming this way...Augh! Don't be so serious Gyarados! (Attacks woman and then there is an explosion)

Sakaki : (Narrating) The discoveries themselves were pretty hard at times. But people did not stop there...

I love the fact that pokemon are so damned obediant once they're caught. if some retard captured me in fucking ball, I'd rip his arms off
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Pokeballs transfer Pokemon to a brainwashing dimension, which doesn't change their physical form (No hunger, pain or such) so it's a heaven for them

that's just a upc theory

Maybe, but it is fun anyway

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

What I find unrealistic is that Team Rocket somehow finds the money to create giant Pokemon catching robots with the ability to crush entire citys, AND THEN DOESN'T CONQUER THE WORLD WITH THEM!

why they don't steal pikachu when ash is asleep is beyond me. Why they don't catch their own damned pikachu is beyond me too
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

because pikachu was supposed to be special or something like that.

I've always wondered about the trainers' education. Everyone just gets a fourth or fifth grade education in the pokemon world, I guess. And I'm pretty surprised nobody ambushes May or Misty and rapes them in the bushes while everyone else sleeps.

And like kg, I have always wondered why Team Rocket just doesn't pull out a gun. If they were truly desperate for Pikachu, they'd shoot Ash's fucking head off (not that I'd mind).

Also, how is it possible that all the Officer Jennys and Nurse Joys all look the same even though they're all cousins? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! This has bothered me for years on end. It's not anatomically possible.

Why don't Ash and crew ever see through Team Rocket's disguises?

How are Pokemon able to squeeze into the Pokeball?

If Ash wants to catch 'em all, why does he release all of the ones he already has and doesn't capture the legendaries?

How is it possible that ditto can change its anatomical structure into anything it sees?

How are Pokemon not killed by battling?

WHY DON'T THEY BLEED? WHY?!

maybe it's like iRobot.

the three laws of pokemonotics

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

what the hell is irobot? it sounds like an apple product, and following the no-exceptions apple's law, it is automatically a horrible machine

It's a Science Fiction novel by Isaac Akimov, which was later made into a Will Smith movie.

It's actually I, Robot. It has three laws of robotics which all robots must follow.

- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    - A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    - A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

And I was saying maybe Pokémon are programmed to be like that too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast