Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 98

Thread: Pokemon is ridiculously unrealistic

  1. #26
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    Pokemon are robots?
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  2. #27
    Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,413

    Default

    porygon certainly is

    stupid dumbfuck bastard

  3. #28
    Logic and Argument Arti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fun places
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    Electric pokemon are prolly robots too

  4. #29
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    It's a Science Fiction novel by Isaac Akimov, which was later made into a Will Smith movie.

    It's actually I, Robot. It has three laws of robotics which all robots must follow.

    - A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    - A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    - A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

    And I was saying maybe Pokémon are programmed to be like that too.
    oh wait, I think I saw that movie a few years ago

  5. #30
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Double-post.

    I forgot another impossibility. How can someone be turned to stone, and then to make things even more unrealistic, how can a dead, turned-to-stone person get brought back to life by tears?

    and why the fuck do mammalian pokemon give birth via eggs?

    how is ash's hairstyle (and just about everyone else in pokemon for that matter) even possible? they'd have to use a ridiculous amount of hair gel to get those spikes.

    How is it possible that everyone in the anime have eyes that take up about half their head and are vertical instead of horizontal?

    Why doesn't anyone in the show ever age? Why don't they ever learn from their experiences? My god, Ash is as dumb as a rock. He has all these marvelous experiences but never seems to learn from them.

    I mean, what the fuck with the first movie. Don't get me wrong, I love that movie, but it's full of shit. They have a life changing experience and then THEIR MEMORY GETS ERASED. So what was the point of that entire movie?

  6. #31
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    How are Pokemon able to squeeze into the Pokeball?
    Demolecularisation and stored as an energy signature within the Pokeball.
    How is it possible that ditto can change its anatomical structure into anything it sees?
    Though it's never said, Ditto is just like the T-1000 from Terminator 2. It can morph into anything, because it's composed of billions of nanomachines.
    - A Pokemon may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm unless that human being is Ash or Ritchie, in which case, injure away.
    - A Pokemon must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law, if the Pokemon is corrupted somehow like in a particular episode I forget, the human giving the orders is Ash / Ritchie, or if that Pokemon is Charizard.
    - A Pokemon must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. If it has to jeopardise it's own existence in order to protect Ash, Ritchie or some other kid, this law may be disregarded.
    Fixed.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  7. #32
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    I'm guessing you're not too big a fan of Ash and Ritchie? I haven't a problem with Ritchie because he appears so infrequently, but Ash is an annoying little fuck.

  8. #33
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    I don't know, Ritchie was just irritating to me. He was like a carbon-copy of Ash, but more annoying, and dressed differently.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  9. #34
    Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,413

    Default

    hah thats GREAT

  10. #35
    captain of the ship kg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    at sea
    Posts
    10,522

    Default

    Also, how are moves like "Surf" possible indoors? And why the hell is a move like "bubble" effective?

  11. #36
    captain of the ship kg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    at sea
    Posts
    10,522

    Default

    i cant imagine taking out an enormous rock snake (aka onyx) by blowing some bubbles at it

    squirtle vs onyx in brocks gym in r/b anyone?!?

  12. #37
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    ah yes, that birngs back some nifty memories
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  13. #38
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    how is pikachu able to electrocute and kill rock and ground pokemon in the show?!

  14. #39
    Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,413

    Default

    he uses cheat devices

  15. #40
    Logic and Argument Arti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fun places
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    Ash cracked pikachu's source code and added a line

    Use "Super effective" or "normal damage" if "Not very effective" or "uneffective" var "rock" "ground"

  16. #41
    awsome_dude14
    Guest

    Default

    ya the show is pretty stupid. they treat pokemon to much like real animals. there should be pokemon and then normal animals. and........ wait isnt pokemon 10 years old when did the show start? if it started 10 years ago ash should be 20! ahhhhhh!!!!!!!! magical time warps creatures who have the ability to discontinue age!

  17. #42
    pentiummmx
    Guest

    Default

    The girls are "well deveolped" (If you know what I mean) at a young age (Crystal!!!!!11shift+1!)

  18. #43
    Swicky
    Guest

    Default

    lol take this all into the fact that games are games... think about it.. bowser is a giant fire breathing turtle.. and some how a plumber manages to defeat him and save some hawt princess.. nintendo likes to mess with our heads.

  19. #44
    pentiummmx
    Guest

    Default

    Also forgot, the characters (In the older PKMN games) can keep perfict balance on their biked when not moving or having their feet on the ground.

  20. #45
    Hikari-san
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pentiummmx View Post
    The girls are "well deveolped" (If you know what I mean) at a young age (Crystal!!!!!11shift+1!)
    That made me remember something:

    My friend told me she was on a Pokemon forum and someone started a thread about having a game just like the anime, someone retorted, saying:

    "Now why would I want to go on an adventure with a whiny, never-aging boy who sounds like a girl, an overdeveloped ten year old girl, and a womanizing pervert who apparently has a disability which prohibits him from having open eyes?"

    xD

    Now the topic is...
    Ah, that's right. I don't get how stones can make an Eevee change like that...

    And why couldn't Espeon evolve with a Sun Stone, and Umbreon with a Moon Stone? That'd be much easier D: I suppose they just wanted to take advantage of the time differences. *Shrugs*

  21. #46
    pentiummmx
    Guest

    Default

    Another one I though of:

    Somehow in the games, May can put a Bike into a fanny-pack.

  22. #47
    I <3 Harry Espegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    At the computer :P
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pentiummmx View Post
    Another one I though of:

    Somehow in the games, May can put a Bike into a fanny-pack.
    That makes me think of that comp game, Freddi Fish. She always sstuck stuff up her butt.





    Paired with Haruhara Haruko, Poke_princess_v73, and UmbreonGal

  23. #48
    ~Kabuto~
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swicky View Post
    lol take this all into the fact that games are games... think about it.. bowser is a giant fire breathing turtle.. and some how a plumber manages to defeat him and save some hawt princess.. nintendo likes to mess with our heads.

    mario and luigi are italian right? then why did japanese people create him?and why in the name of fuck are they plumbers? why not like samurais? that would make a better game.

  24. #49
    hiro
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    to counter your argument it is a game, it isn't real, it's in a fictional world where people have DIFFERENT laws. dont try and find a flaw in pokemon, kg
    way to be a downer,its a fun thread dealing in hypathetical scenarios not literal ones,lighten up

  25. #50
    awsome_dude14
    Guest

    Default

    nintendo is screwing around with us why cant they make one game thats realistic.

    and yes i agree

    10 year old girls do not have breasts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    10 year old boys do not go on life risking journeys for years and capture dangerous beasts who make funny sounds.

    and screwed up black asses( no offense) whos eyes are crosses. are not normal

    down with unrealistic shit!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •