Thread: Election 2012

Default Election 2012

Who are y'all lookin at to support? I think Matt Snyder looks like a good candidate. I'll post more about him later if you don't know who he is, or Nyrisis will, she's really big on him now.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

It hilarious how you guys were pissed about how your state was running things, yet still consider a republican for president. Please, Obama should be the only candidate you care about.

Registered Users Regular Silver Espeon's Avatar

One day, I will understand politics.
    ~Paired with Delcatty, Dragon Berry, Hikari, Boycrazies, crusherwakeman42, The Editor, xXEmo_WolfieXx, PiplupPal, and Mystic Ninetales~

Obama has failed to live up to my expectations. I hated Barbour because he was a fat cat white collar douche who marginalized education. Have you read ANYTHING at all abotu Snyder except the fact that he's considered a Republican?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

who is matt snyder

qoorl i looked at that guys site for about 1 minute, literally he's a moron and would be one of the worst presidents of all time. dont be stupid qoorl, his positions on every important issue are aimed only at helping rich people.

reading more hes not as bad as he looks at first. he surprisingly has decent sentiments economically but his ideas are dumb and would do the opposite of what he claims he wants them to do.

this is the problem with when 'regular people' decide to run for office, they dont actually know anything and none of their positions make any sense

A few moderate republicans actually peak my interest from time to time, for example that fat New Jersey senator that should have run. Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately for democrats, they fail to stand out in the literal garbage that makes up most of the republican canidates.

Obama also started a more comprehensive medicare program, halted the recession (despite what republicans want you to believe, it started in Bush's term), ended the war in Iraq and even has a plan out of Afghanistan in motion. That is a heck of a lot more the what most presidents do in office.

I have a feeling Obama's going to win again.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

if obama doesnt win america is the stupidest country ever

Yeah a 50% cut in the corporate tax would definately benefit the rich but wouldn't also stimulate job growth and help combat outsourcing to other countries? All the industry where I live has packed up and moved their factories to mexico? With stronger powers to unions I could see that really helping.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

how could tax cuts possibly stop outsourcing

Many corporations move a lot of their production to other countries specifically to avoid high Corporate tax. With the tax in the U.S. lowered down to half of what it would normally be, there isn't as much reason to outsource. In fact, if it's just as cheap to have your factory somewhere you can drive in an hour, I'd say that's usually better than having it halfway around the world, especially if there's some sort of problem.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

corporations dont outsource to avoid taxes, they outsource to pay lower wages

most corporations who outsource production remain headquartered in the us and pay us taxes no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Qoorl View Post
    In fact, if it's just as cheap to have your factory somewhere you can drive in an hour, I'd say that's usually better than having it halfway around the world, especially if there's some sort of problem.

It's cheaper to outsource if you are able to get away with paying lower wages.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

I figure Ron Paul needs a pity vote.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I think Ron Paul, even if you disagree with his views, admirably has principles and beliefs that he doesn't deviate from

just like hitler

Yeah but that's what's wrong with the U.S. political system. If Hitler was running in a U.S. election then I'd support him just because all of the other candidates would be people without any views other than those that various interest groups pressure them into having, and then other than that it's completely dominated by money. It's a sorry sight for anyone that isn't an American to observe and you should be ASHAMED

Our political system a) doesn't have any form of codified constitution, b) is based on feudal, outdated, hegemonic political and legal conventions, c) has a monarchy and barely any separation of powers. Cameron during the riots pulled a few strings and suddenly people posting Facebook comments about riots in a jestful satirical way were being handed out twenty year prison sentences. Yet, despite all that, somehow it's better than yours.