Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PD clan for pokemon Diamond/ Pearl

...What's wifi? Sorry, I don't have cable or dish or anything like that so I'm kinda cut off from the outside world...

Paired with Haruhara Haruko, Poke_princess_v73, and UmbreonGal

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

I'm putting together my team right now. Maybe I'll have to consult Hicky on some 4th gen strategies.......

Espegirl, wifi is the heart and soul of a DS! Ok, ok, basically you get to go online and battle other people in your region/ worldwide. It's simply just a battle with someone else without a link cable, and that you can't see the face of the person you're battling with.

You can hear their voice, though. Nintendo made it so that you could chat with the person you're battling with over wifi. So, like, if one fine day Pichubro is battling Hicky on wifi, they could have a nice time quarrelling with each other while they're at it. Nice way to 'meet' other pd members. So far, I've heard that you could do it on Metroid Prime Hunters and Custom Robo arena. I got both games, and I'm currently trying to figure out how to do it, but I'll master it one day.

Proof that it can be done:

For people which the vid can't work, here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlRqvzfqYB8

Anyway, about imabeast78, do you guys want to accept him? I think he signed up just to join this, seeing that this is his only post. I'll leave it up to you guys.

Oh yeah, I've put you on the list, Hicky.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

by "chat", i assume you mean text?

I will Niginate all who oppose me. The Niginator's Avatar

i'd join but my esteem is dropping

come on Radioactive Cubone take one for the team!

I'm training for WiFi days atm. Some of my old school 2004 strategies need reforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    by "chat", i assume you mean text?

Nope. By chat I mean that you talk to the person on the end via the DS microphone, but the DS will mask your voice so people can't tell who you really are. See the youtube vid I posted.

RADIOACTIVE CUBONE, I'll assume that you're in, kay? We really need people like you.

Ninetales 009, as a user, you're actually really not bad.

Infact, you're great.

Just had to say that.

Wow. What have I done to deserve that? Still, thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetails 009 View Post
    Nope. By chat I mean that you talk to the person on the end via the DS microphone, but the DS will mask your voice so people can't tell who you really are. See the youtube vid I posted.

RADIOACTIVE CUBONE, I'll assume that you're in, kay? We really need people like you.
    i'm curious. what do you mean by that?

I mean that you're a.....(trying to find appropriate words)......normal person. I can give many examples of people who should not, under any circumstances, be allowed in. No offense to those particular people, but their general attitude and the way they act online would make us the laughing stock of the wifi world. I think you should get the general idea. People who are regularly flamed fall under this section.

Plus there's an added bonus of you being good friends/neutral with many people (esp in the misc secton) in PD. The best way for a clan to be destroyed is for there to be internal squabbling.

Scenario: The mudkip lovers that have recently been contaminating the misc are allowed in the clan. People like Thunderz Legacy, God, Mex, Giant Squid (just pretend that they've signed up for a moment) object violently and starts flaming them. They flame back. The PD clan is reduce to a petty squabble house and is destroyed from within while other clans like Team NMG sit back, laugh and drink tea to our demise.

Awful, isn't it? Therefore it's nice to have good relations within the clan too. That's why I said we need people like you. People who are sensible, to be frank.

Actually I shouldn't be giving you this lecture. I think that people more fit to be saying this would be kg, Mex, The Dead Walrus or Hicky. I'm sure they know what kind of people they want in the clan all too well.

Oh yeah, plus you don't seem like an idiot when it comes to pokemon. Basic criterea, actually.

imabeast78

Well if you guys decide that I can join then I will make sure to represent this clan the right way. A lil of my pokemon history - was an original gamer. Blue, red, yellow. Got a gold version and actually had it long enough for the internal battery to die and I replaced it myself. My neighbor got Ruby and I was thinking I might get emerald but never got around to it. I got a nintendo ds after searching forever cause the online feature appealed to me. I have a wii too - basically got that for SSBB - the online part. Pokemon online is gonna be nice and since so far I don't know anyone else that is getting it yet I thought I would try and make some allies out there. I pre-ordered diamond. I usually come to this site to view info and stuff.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

Well, I recommend if you want to be in the clan, post more and make yourself known in the misc. Otherwise, I'd be reluctant to battle a complete stranger, which is what you are now. Just saying you have expertise in pokemon tells me nothing.

Kyogre_Kommander

This wifi business (sorry to take you away from organising again )...

What is it physically? Where do you put it? eg. tv, computer, eh satellite dish? How do I connect to my DS?

This is all very confusing and convoluted.......sorry for my stupidity

do you have wireless internet on which a laptop can access the internet easily?

sorry for the double post but i just preordered Diamond and Pearl so i'll be in...

Good. Thanks for joining Cubone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre_Kommander View Post
    This wifi business (sorry to take you away from organising again )...

What is it physically? Where do you put it? eg. tv, computer, eh satellite dish? How do I connect to my DS?

This is all very confusing and convoluted.......sorry for my stupidity

I'll just answer this here. Wifi is not something physical, as in you can't touch it or anything, but the best thing to compare it to would be the internet. On wifi, you go online through your little ol' DS and battle millions of people either in your region or worldwide.

As to your question where do you put it, ummmm as long as you have a router and a wireless internet connection then you have wifi. That's if you want wifi in your home. If you're outside, you go to place like mcdonalds or somewhere that has a signboard saying 'free wifi'.

To connect your DS, there will be a wifi settings option that comes with any wifi enabled game. You go there, 'search for avaliable connections' and selct the one that's your home's. Download the information into your DS, which has up to 3 wifi slots avaliable. If your computer's internet is unlocked, all you have to do is press the download button, but if it's locked, then you need the WEP code of your router to download the information.The WEP code is located probably in a little sticker at the side or back of your router, but if you can't find it I suggest you just go and unlock your computer. That's for home wifi. For wifi outdoors, you just go for 'search for avaliable connections' (again) but and follow the same proceedure, but outdoor wifi should be unlocked, so you don't have to worry about the WEP key business. After you leave the place, just delete the wifi settings for that place, unless it's a place you go to regularly.

Kay, that should be it. And thanks a lot for the REPs, Hicky, it gave me a shock of my life.

which do you think is better, D or P?

D for me. I think Dialgia looks cool, but I've been doing research and found out that D=firered and P=Leafgreen in terms of the pokemon that you cannot get in that particular version. (In D and firered you can't get misdreavus and in P and leafgreen you can't get murkow. With many other similarities too.)

Since leafgreen was my focus catridge before, I thought that I would switch over to D (AKA firered, in a way) for 4th gen.

Oh yeah, sorry for double posting, but do you guys want imabeast78 in or out?

he/she's only made two posts so i can't judge. i'd like to think that there are more of us in the clan...

Right now there are 6 of us excluding him. I'm still waiting for kg to gather the 'big dogs', as she says.

what's the current list?

It's on the first page. I edit it everytime someone joins, but here it is again.

PD battle clan

Ninetails 009
    kg
    Mex
    The Dead Walrus
    Hicky
    Radioactive Cubone
    imabeast78 (Pending-We don't really know you that well yet.)

mmkay. seems good. Hicky can kick ass on the games. he nailed on netbattle

Yeah. Once d/p comes out we'd better all exchange friend codes. But I better not battle Hicky then. I think I'd probably come out of he battle room battered and bruised and crying for mummy.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast