Thread: God or Dogar [or, whoever wakes up first]

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

Default God or Dogar [or, whoever wakes up first]

Don't change the captcha. Just look at the bots' IP and mass ban it via the admin control panel.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

All I'm saying is, if you went all the way to Mewtwo to get permissions fixed and went purging the boards of spam, you might as well do it properly!

The IPs don't matter because they use different proxies every 2 or so registered accounts.We had over 13,000 bot accounts, it won't do anything. The best course of action is the captcha.

DTB

Mass ban the primary IP and they won't be able to access the site you have to trust me on this!!!

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

THERE IS NO PRIMARY IP. They are all ranging from China to New York. All their servers are different too ranging from msn/comcast/shit I have never heard of. There is no central connection to all the bots just a bunch of proxies with different hosts.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Then there's subgroups ie the russian ones, the english ones, the ones advertising medicine e.g. Isolate and ban.

Again won't work. The first 2 or 3 numbers in an ip are a region like Asia or a certain state, all of which are too broad to ip ban because real users have those numbers in their ips. After that it's all random. Ip bans are worthless for taking care of proxy using bots.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

dayum

it's somewhat ironic how the bots have evolved on a pokemon forum

Some of them are foreign wage slaves
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Why does the CAPTCHA matter, though? I mean, why is it in your interest to not change it?

It's a Cosmo conspiracy.

you can set up a field in registrations with a security question through the vb acp. not a captcha but the next best thing.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I love how Dogar called it a 'CATCHU' by accident. It's a Pokémon themed catcha with the 'catch' and the 'chu', I love it.

Haha oh Hicky, finding Pokemon puns in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    I love how Dogar called it a 'CATCHU' by accident. It's a Pokémon themed catcha with the 'catch' and the 'chu', I love it.
    hahahah yeah!

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Two Pokémon puns now in this thread, zing