Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I was an American

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Default If I was an American

What region would I be from? Also if Eve was an American, and if anyone else that isn't American wasn't American.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

the west hick. you'd be living in washington

your welcome

That reminds me, are you still a Conservative? Not that I have anything against conservatives, just wondering...

i'm moderate conservative, yep. i dont hate liberals unless they are annoying and boast pretentious, envious nonsense (most radicals).

your welcome

Boston, no doubt. Worst case senario, you live in some other New England state like New Hampshire.

Is it the dream of all Americans to live in New England? Is it regarded as a heavily liberal but desirable location?

Texas and California have some nice scenery, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to go to the effort of living there, unless it's Pasadena or Palm Springs and you have lots of money kicking around. I imagine nobody has any serious desire to live in San Diego. What do I know though, I'm trying to track the psyche of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    Is it the dream of all Americans to live in New England? Is it regarded as a heavily liberal but desirable location?
    Oh fuck no, 50% of people in the US wish they lived in California or Florida.

florida and PA are the best states. i stand by that

your welcome

As part of my job as a typist I got a recording featuring a guy who lived in Palm Springs. He was a homosexual liberal, couldn't stop talking about his identity as either of those things. He got asked questions like, "What are your favourite brands?" to which he responded "Gucchi and Armani. I usually hover between the two, being a Gemini."

Then he got asked "How would you advertise Cadillac?" to which he responded "I'd put George Clooney in the car. George Clooney is sexy."

After a while, the interview was over, and these proper British interviewers took the piss out of him when he left the room. I had to type them taking the piss out of them, saying stuff like, "Where shall we eat tonight?" "Well, I'll either go to Duke's or Reel Inn, but what do I know. I'm a gemini." There are codes we have to put to indicate the participants laughed, so I had to put things like [Laughter 01.04.34-01.05.45].

i'm moderate conservative, yep. i dont hate liberals unless they are annoying and boast pretentious, envious nonsense (most radicals).
    I didn't mind McCain. Quite a nice fellow.

[short rant]why are most homosexuals cookie cutter liberals? they supporting gay rights which actually supports the idea of segregation and alienation of their own people... why not just support "people's rights"? fuck all this sexual, racial and class segregation.
    [/short rant]

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    [short rant]they supporting gay rights which actually supports the idea of segregation and alienation of their own people
    [/short rant]
    Explain.

when you introduce rights above or below others, you are segregating the rights of those unaffected. when you think equality, do you think "lets give these people more social strength and attention than these other people to make their differences more apparent"? i think of equality as "lets allow all people to be included in every identifiable change politically and socially". i think rights towards certain peoples actually alienate their identity and send mixed signals socially. just take out the diminishing rights in the constitution and state laws, and take away the special rights towards certain races and sexes. its the simplest and most universally agreeable way to achieve equality.

your welcome

that is one of the stupidest paragraphs i have ever read

Do homosexuals support segregation though? I thought they just wanted to adopt and get married, like everybody else, not elevating themselves above them as such but achieving the same rights as them...

explain rayne

your welcome

gays are inadvertently creating their own segregation. just change the state law to not disclude gays from anything, and there would be no need for gay rights. thus segregation is avoided, and gays are viewed as "people" politicially rather than "gay".

your welcome

Well yes of course that makes sense, if all concerns of a group were dealt with then there wouldn't be any need for them to campaign for rights, in a utopian America. Maybe also if money didn't exist, and therefore there was no economic inequality - we didn't have to shelter the homeless or provide a safety net for the unemployed.

In that world, there'd be no need for any kind of rights or social movements. The Democrats are the party that often vote for and support the interests of homosexuals seeking these rights, that's why homosexuals tend to vote for them, I think. There's a two-party state and neither the Democrats or the Republicans are campaigning for a complete abolition of all discriminatory laws. They tend to campaign on much more simple platforms.

i understand that the two-party politics are what they are stuck with, and i seriously think they need to rethink the ideological concepts of rights based on a person's identity. thats something neither side wants to agree on.

and money could easily be replaced by credit values. they are essentially the same thing, but the banks would lose jobs like crazy if we even touched on that idea. oh, and physical money=stimulated trade rather than having to trade physical objects/services directly.

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Pants, and the beast dwelling within View Post
    when you think equality, do you think "lets give these people more social strength and attention than these other people to make their differences more apparent"?
    yes obviously. in society there will always be those who are privileged, through race, class, sex or sexuality, and those who are not. the only way to combat that disparity is to draw attention and provide aid to those who've drawn the short end of the shit stick. gay rights arent absurd privileges homosexuals are demanding; gay rights refer to those rights which are denied to gay people. they feel they have a right to get married and not be discriminated against - why the hell shouldnt they bitch about it when fundamentalists deny them those rights for stupid reasons.

if you think groups of people shouldnt rise up because doing so would 'segregate the rights of those unaffected' then you obviously feel that the suffrage movement or the american civil war or workers revolts or literally any revolution in the history of the world should never have taken place. youd probably be perfectly fine with totalitarian monarchies because revolting against them would 'segregate the rights' of the rulers.

and its not just you. conservatives are really really stupid - the type of people who ban mexican-studies from colleges because it promotes resentment towards a particular class of people (white folks) or try and ban shows about muslims because they dont depict extremism. you all need to shut up and open your eyes to the realities of the world.

California is too expensive, and Florida has too many snakes and bugs. My hometown is in Pennsylvania, but I go to school in Virginia, which I find far preferable. I hope to perhaps live there someday.

Politically, I consider myself Right Libertarian. I'm personally a fan of Ron Paul because of the amount of power he believes in giving to the states. Though some of his personal stances are too conservative for me (for example, he is personally opposed to gay rights), I find his desired methods admirable.
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
    "you are gay furthermore you like sex with men" ~god

One of the Seven Deadly Sins of PD: Femme Greed

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    yes obviously. in society there will always be those who are privileged, through race, class, sex or sexuality, and those who are not. the only way to combat that disparity is to draw attention and provide aid to those who've drawn the short end of the shit stick. gay rights arent absurd privileges homosexuals are demanding; gay rights refer to those rights which are denied to gay people. they feel they have a right to get married and not be discriminated against - why the hell shouldnt they bitch about it when fundamentalists deny them those rights for stupid reasons.

if you think groups of people shouldnt rise up because doing so would 'segregate the rights of those unaffected' then you obviously feel that the suffrage movement or the american civil war or workers revolts or literally any revolution in the history of the world should never have taken place. youd probably be perfectly fine with totalitarian monarchies because revolting against them would 'segregate the rights' of the rulers.

and its not just you. conservatives are really really stupid - the type of people who ban mexican-studies from colleges because it promotes resentment towards a particular class of people (white folks) or try and ban shows about muslims because they dont depict extremism. you all need to shut up and open your eyes to the realities of the world.

so instead of actual effort in bettering yourself socially or economically, your plan is to take down what those who have more privileges have? also, privileges that specifically benefit any race or sex need to be removed from any form of legislation. people should only be judged on merit. not their sex/race/origin. my point was to remove the prior discrimination altogether. the revision is simple, and affects everyone rather than positively towards one race or sex. gays should be allowed to marry federally, but be married as people, not as gay or straight couples. that basic identity of "gay", "black", "latino", etc. in politics is what i'm fighting against. not promoting the lack of rights, but rather the universal rights.

also, reality and ideological conceptuality are 2 different things rayne. its simply an idea that i strongly support.

btw, arent their a huge cross section of liberals supporting SOPA? ^^

keep your "these people are stupid" claims to the playground.

your welcome

Ron Paul wanting to give power to the states is, in my opinion, one of the worst things about him. A country NEEDS to have some level of cohesion - it needs some sort of nation-wide direction on combating climate change, driving a foreign policy agenda (I seem to recall that Ron Paul says that if a state wants to declare war, that's totally fine), the economic system, etc. The system we have here works fine - our delegated assemblies, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, are allowed to set tax bands in a limited range and change public spending in certain areas.

The Founding Fathers could not have envisioned any of the issues which a modern society would face. Blindly relying on exactly what the constitution delineates is acceptable practice would be foolish. Why do you think they created a system for amending the constitution?

You should rely on the state for certain matters, like certain areas of public spending and cultural matters.

^

i can be a conservative, but i support less power to the states. state law usually depends on the people's culture to decide the governing ideas rather than what would benefit everyone in every state.

it would also benefit trade by losing many state-tariff laws that cause shipping issues to and from certain states.

your welcome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast