Thread: Cheating

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Default Cheating

Someone please take the against side for infidelity being completely disgusting and cowardly.

I'd like to see how this plays out.

ok

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Easily. Humans are not monogamous, and men in particular have no particular need for monopolised sexual contact so they seek it elsewhere. You can't blame someone for being human.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

no, but our minds are meant to overcome the monogamous urges from our humanity. its the reason we have personal morals. you cant blame a person for being human, but you can blame them for being generally stupid and hurting others through such endeavors.

i find it detestable unless you really dont find yourself in a concept of love, trust, or anything tying you to your significant other or if you mutually agree to something complex.

your welcome

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Marriage, whilst perhaps representing some kind of deep bond, is also a somewhat flawed social construct which has been dogged for years by religion.

There's social pressure to get married, mainly from family ("One day you'll get married and have a nice little family of your own, Jimmy"), from certain careers (those that depend on people skills and the image you present like law and politics. Edward Heath wasn't married, other than that most prime ministers of the U.K. and most presidents of the U.S.A. were married and one of the main reasons Barack Obama won in 2008 was because he was a happy, married man. Politicians screwing around is harmful to their image), and from the traditional structure of society in general. Get married, have kids. Don't screw around and have ten kids with four different people.

Marriage may represent a perfect bond between two individuals in love. In that case, it's perfectly fine. You can understand why the force of adultery exists, however, when there's so much pressure by society to get married.

I THINK my first wife cheated on me with 8 guys, but I only know Definitely of three.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

But I'm pretty sure that's why divorce existed. If a person can't go up to their SO and say "oh hey, I guess you're not as significant as I thought you were", because going off with the local barmaid/stripper/policeman, then I'd find that kind of pathetic.

I have no qualms with people moving on, or sleeping around outside of a relationship, or rapidly bouncing between one relationship and another, but to cheat on someone while you're married to them? I just find that abhorrent.

Your current user title is

well why is there a marriage in the first place. I can understand being responsible and not having a bunch of children with different people though.

Now I think it's time to ask why we impose morals on our selves anyway.

Flame,Troll and Spoil

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trigon View Post
    well why is there a marriage in the first place. I can understand being responsible and not having a bunch of children with different people though.

Now I think it's time to ask why we impose morals on our selves anyway.
    That would make an excellent topic for a thread about such a thing.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

marriage is just a sign of trust by giving yourself to someone else legally.

what matters is the core relation and display of unconditional love.

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    That would make an excellent topic for a thread about such a thing.
    Okay I won't drag this off topic.

Flame,Troll and Spoil

I read an article a few months back that gave the idea that marriage is an inate social construct formed by early hominids to keep order in hunting groups. Without a stable system of marriage there would have been more fights between competing males, and more unnecessarily deaths. That is not something that can be allowed to happen with a wandering group of 5 or 6 people.

We just happened to keep it into the modern age, which isn't surprising considering we were still hunters and gathers until quite recently in geologic time. It could take a good hundred thousand years of civilization before we lose the unneeded concept.

And people still kill each other over women/men.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    And people still kill each other over women/men.
    Not as much as they would have in prehistoric days without marriage.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

to get my name back on the streets i plan on getting into a relationship with somebody really hot and cheating at her at every possible opportunity

Cheating on someone is a horrible thing, I've done it and honestly I still feel like a dick over it and that was almost a year ago.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Cheating on someone is a horrible thing, I've done it and honestly I still feel like a dick over it and that was almost a year ago.
    well i did something really bad to someone over a year ago that i've never posted on the internet because nobody would for a start believe it. i'll never be able to top it so i think i could live with cheating. but it's all relative to how low you can go

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    well i did something really bad to someone over a year ago that i've never posted on the internet because nobody would for a start believe it. i'll never be able to top it so i think i could live with cheating. but it's all relative to how low you can go
    to fulfill your expectation i will now pressure you into telling what it was. come on lord what was it??

he cheated on his right hand with his left

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    to fulfill your expectation i will now pressure you into telling what it was. come on lord what was it??
    only 2 people know irl. it's not something i'm gonna post about

you accepted the advances of a woman who wasn't above an 8/10?

king this is a man associated with "the crew" we are talking about, you should feel terrible for even insinuating such horrors. he probably raped a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Not as much as they would have in prehistoric days without marriage.
    considering how many people get killed currently over this...how did we not wipe our selves out before marriage. So I don't believe this is the origin.

Flame,Troll and Spoil

The people that didn't marry did indeed die out, that's evolution. Before that it was a free for all.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

People talk a lot about cheating being an inevitability of marriage, but only around 22% of men cheat on their wives, and only 13% of women cheat on their husband. Most people are perfectly happy, or at least satisfied, with their spouses.

During conflicts in a relationship, however, the urge to cheat does pop up. Generally a person just finds themselves dissatisfied with their current partner and want to get something more. So they betray their partner. Betray is the key word here. They break the trust of their partner. The act of betrayal is what makes cheating so much more despicable than, say, divorce. Trust is one of the basic pillars of today's society, where everything is dependent on people doing their jobs, paying their loans, keeping their promises. If everyone were to betray one another, we'd all be fucked.

So yes, cheating is bad.