Thread: Arcademia Intrest Check, Sign up, OOC

Default Arcademia Intrest Check, Sign up, OOC

Let's see if this takes off. Basic premise, characters are in a sort of magic academy. Magic is performed by bonding to a familiar, a creature of spirit that takes on a physical form. Spellcasters can use their familiars to cast spells, but the familiars can also be used to battle each other. A little Harry Potteresque, a little pokemon, little high school drama.... anyone interested?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Hmm.

Can you explain the magic a little more, or is it intentionally open-ended?

I will when I get a bit more time. Not using a hard codified system but there will be a system of sorts. No die rolls or anything, on a forum that slows the rp down to a crawl, though it's great for irl and can work in something like a chat program.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

sounds fun, go ahead. i need a reason to consistently write shit

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

you mean harry pottermon?

harry potter was a high school drama...

your welcome

I might, depends on how much I am allowed to rip off of adventure time.

Which will be 90%.

I like this idea.
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
    "you are gay furthermore you like sex with men" ~god

One of the Seven Deadly Sins of PD: Femme Greed

Allright, that's a few people, more than enough to make it work. I'll get somethign posted this afternoon, depending on how the child acts.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Huh. qoorl I heard you were bein a butt, stop it right now. Let Josie have her way this instant and we can all be friends.

Other than that this seems interesting.

Name: Tarna Alanshar
    Familiar: A jet black shadow panther cub (which will grow as her talents do)
    Appearance:

(with Babbette)

Personality: Competitive and stubborn, she is driven to succeed though no one would ever accuse her of being overly bright. She can be a bit vain and is well aware of her position. And the was in which she can improve that. Tarna is happy and outgoing, having few close friends but many acquaintances.

Skills: Her talents tend to lean toward elemental magic, specifically air, water, ice and electricity. She can also manipulate light and shadow, cloaking herself to disappear from sight. Tarna has a minor ability to heal people and animals. Tarna's panther cub has golden eyes and is named Babbette. She can summon ethereal snakes to act as spies, but they cannot speak and she must absorb them to gain their knowledge. It is a painful process as they are made from her very veins. As such, it appears that she favors the darker magics, but in reality she has a pure, if slightly tarnished, heart. It is easy for people to assume she walks on the dark side though.

History: She is the daughter of a noble house on a distant planet, and they were horrified to learn that she could manipulate magicks. They sent her off as soon as was possible and she dislikes speaking of them. She feels the rejection keenly and has loads of angst and stuff. grr.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765