Thread: Hey Hicky you were into gen 3 right

Default Hey Hicky you were into gen 3 right

I was stalking old PD the other day I found an old guide you made.

Just wondering, why the hell didn't people use Hitmontop in gen 3, I mean its a good pokemon now, back then with weaker physical attackers, it must have been an exellent physical wall/spinner. The only thing it seems to gain in gen 4/5 is a better stab move, which isn't too important.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

what do you mean why didn't they use Hitmontop. it was terrible. it had balanced attack/defence but no good moves and, despite the fact that it had 95 defence, couldn't take a hit because of its low HP and couldn't give a reasonable hit. it also had no good moves and a shit ability. it was NU iirc

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

the reason it's used now is probably because it has good moves now. back then there was no reason to play it and anybody who did play it was confused about what to do with it

I have used Hitmontop countless times in OU, it really doesn't need it's stab, it just spreads around toxic, high jump kick is just extra. Odviously I use it with max defenses.

It blew my mind was blown Max21's Avatar

Lol, ADV and BW are completely different metagames. ADV were the good ol' days when Snorlax was god.

PLAY IN THE UBERS METAGAME!

BATON PASS MUST BE BANNED. Dual Screen -> SmashPass -> Sweep = Fucking gay.

WEATHER TEAMS ARE NOT OP OR BROKEN IN ANY WAY. I LIKE WEATHER, SO FUCK YOU. (Except that little mole, yeah Excadrill get your ass over to ubers.)

This is the BEST Smogon Analysis EVAR:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=13

-The bottom one is false.

-The top one is true.

Come contribute to the Pokemon Online Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Max21 View Post
    Lol, ADV and BW were completely different metagames back then. ADV was the good ol days where Snorlax was god.
    I know this, but consider it was a metagame where claydol and Weezing were premeir walls. I just find it odd how Hitmontop is rarely seen.