Thread: OWNED Info/OOC

Default OWNED Info/OOC

In the end Capitalism won.. it swallowed up democracy and ate religion. Little by little Corporations became more powerful, until they began buying up nations, soon, the Earth was divided not by countries, but by the company line. Soon every human born was the legal property of one Corp or another. Technology advanced of course, the Great Corporations, cooperating all the while they were at war with one another, built great psace fleets, sacrificing millions of lives to open great portals through the aether. They colonized worlds too, and that is where the Corporate Wars really began.

Only one such planet is our concern however, Paprika Seven. It was too remote and backwater to be hotly contested and that was how King Samson I took it. He led qa full scale revolt against the corporations, setting up a monarchy enforced by various wasteland gangs. The corporations came, but instead of battle, they made a deal with him. They would send him Corporate Warriors, those desperate enough for freedom that they would act as mercenaries in order to procure the funds necessary to buy out the Corporations' share in their existence. These mercenaries would work jobs on the planet, for whatever faction they could get the work from, they'd save their monies in hopes of paying off their great Debt. In Return, King Samson would send trade goods, rare ores, and potential alien artifacts back on the great convoys to continually fill the coffers of ever greedy businesses.

You are one of those mercenaries now, bound on a ship for Paprika Seven. Maybe you'll be one of the few to make it down their in the bloody wasteland and become truly free. Or perhaps you have more ambitious goals. Samson is a despot, and the peole who overthrow him would have a chance to build a new world, a new society, taking up one of the old ideaolies like Democracy or Communism. Who Knows what the future holds?

Sign up will be QUITE different. Have a character name and appearance in mind but don't post anything just yet, until the Cross Corporate Worth Assesment Test is up in another post or so.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Cross Corporate Worth Assesment

This brief questionaire will assess your basic worth to the Corporation that has controlling intrest in your life. Please answer the following questions so that we may more easily process you into a vocation that you are most suited for.

Name:

1. If you had to fight which would you prefer?
    A. Bare hands
    B. A Firearm
    C. high powered explosions
    D. Stealth and a shiv
    E. Tactics

2. Does the idea of having your genetics drastically altered excite you?
    A. Yes
    B. No

3. Which of the Schools of Magic is most appealing
    A. Summoning
    B. Energy Evocation
    C. Necromancy
    D. There is no such thing as Magic, only Science that hasn't been properly explored.
    E. Magic is frightening/dangerous, I'd rather not deal with it.

4. Heavy Armor/Advanced Mechanae
    A. Slows me Down too much
    B. Is good for the guys I'm commanding
    C. Hells Yes.

5. How do you feel about Symbiotic/Parasitic Technology
    A. Suit me Up
    B. Parasties? As in things that feed off of you, no thank you
    C. An interesting study, I'd love to test the effects of it, on someone else.

6. You must enter a Rival Corporation's Research Outpost, there is no way to get official clearance. In a few words, tell us how you would gain entry.

7. Is Religion good for Morale?
    A. Yes
    B. No

8. If you could be assigned a particuarl Product Branch which would you prefer.
    A. Ballistics weapons division
    B. Applied Arcanics
    C. Gene/Form Manipulation Research
    D. Infiltrations Technology Department
    E. Medical/Support Systems

9. How do you feel about the common man/woman
    A. Fuck 'em.
    B. See Option A. unless they have a particular usefullness at the time.
    C. I care deeply about a select few (ie. family/peer groups)
    D. I care deeply about all others

10. If you lost a body part, would you prefer Cybernetics, or Stem Grown replacement parts.
    A. Cybernetics
    B. Stem Grown Clone Parts

11. How would you describe your political ideals?

12. Computers:
    A. Useful Tools
    B. A way for me to get into places I shouldn't
    C. Are frightening
    D. Are mostly irrelevant in places I'll likely end up.

13. How would you rate your Corporate Loyalty on a scale from 1-10, with 1 beings absolutely no loyalty and 10 being unswerving loyalty?

14. How would you rate your Loyalty to a team or peer group on a scale from 1-10 with 1 being absolutely no loyalty and 10 being unswerving loyalty.

15. What is your first instinct regarding defense from an assault on your person
    A. Heavy Armor will absorb almsot anything an opponent can push at me.
    B. Taking Coever, Dodging behind somethign is the smartest thing to do!
    C. I prefer to have advanced Gene Alteration provide me with regeneration/ablative protection
    D. I'll bleed and die!

16. Implanted Psionics:
    A. Telekineses and Mind Reading? Oh YESS!
    B. Inferior to Arcanics.
    C. Would too far reduce the storage in my body for cybernetic/genetic enhancement
    D. Is terribly frightening
    E. Is incompatible with the Heavy Armor/Advanced Mechanae I favor.

17. Guns
    A. A Coward's option
    B. Small, Compact, Concealable.
    C. Pragmatic but not my first choice
    D. The Bigger the better.
    E. Need scopes

18. Briefly describe your relationship to your family/primary peer group

19. If I had to be sneaky I'd do it by:
    A. remote Drones
    B. Natural talent/trained skill
    C. Top grade stealth technology
    D. camoflouging/sound dampening symbiotes - resistant to computer error/mechanical failure
    E. I can't keep quite/unseen to save my life

20. Feel free to add any other information that might help us in our assesment of your worth to this company. Clinically Insane Ravings will not discount a particular position, but will be taken into consideration.

Thank you for completing this Cross Corporate Worth Assessment.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Just PM me your test answers.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Your current user title is

Name: CK56

E. Tactics

A. Yes

D. There is no such thing as Magic, only Science that hasn't been properly explored.

A. Slows me Down too much

A. Suit me Up

6. You must enter a Rival Corporation's Research Outpost, there is no way to get official clearance. In a few words, tell us how you would gain entry.

With an explosion

B. No

A. Ballistics weapons division

B. See Option A. unless they have a particular usefullness at the time.

10. If you lost a body part, would you prefer Cybernetics, or Stem Grown replacement parts.
    A. Cybernetics

What ideas?

12. Computers:
    A. Useful Tools

13. How would you rate your Corporate Loyalty on a scale from 1-10, with 1 beings absolutely no loyalty and 10 being unswerving loyalty?

14. How would you rate your Loyalty to a team or peer group on a scale from 1-10 with 1 being absolutely no loyalty and 10 being unswerving loyalty.

15. What is your first instinct regarding defense from an assault on your person

C. I prefer to have advanced Gene Alteration provide me with regeneration/ablative protection

16. Implanted Psionics:

B. Inferior to Arcanics.
    or
    C. Would too far reduce the storage in my body for cybernetic/genetic enhancement

17. Guns

E. Need scopes

loner

&

Flame,Troll and Spoil

in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals

Name: Evelyn Rollins

B. A Firearm (are always a good back up)
    C. high powered explosions (definitly my number one choice)

A. Yes that could be interesting

B. Energy Evocation would be awesome if it were real

A. Slows me Down too much (but having a built in wrench and hammer would be useful)

B. Parasties? As in things that feed off of you, no thank you

i would blow everything up. end.

B. No (it causes fights between friends)

A. Ballistics weapons division or really anywhere i can blow things up or put my machenics to work

C. I care deeply about a select few (ie. family/peer groups) and Magellan my fennec fox

A. Cybernetics

politics are messy.

12. Computers:
    D. Are mostly irrelevant in places I'll likely end up.

B. Taking Coever, Dodging behind somethign is the smartest thing to do!

16. Implanted Psionics:
    D. Is terribly frightening

17. Guns
    C. Pragmatic but not my first choice but if i gotta have one i want it big

everyone i'm close to dies. the only friend i have is magellan my fennec fox.

A. remote Drones
    D. camoflouging/sound dampening symbiotes - resistant to computer error/mechanical failure
    E. I can't keep quite/unseen to save my life

20. Feel free to add any other information that might help us in our assesment of your worth to this company. Clinically Insane Ravings will not discount a particular position, but will be taken into consideration.

that's all the information you need.

Thank you for completing this Cross Corporate Worth Assessment

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

Default CK56

CK56, You have been approved! Welcome to the CrossCorporate Mercenary Recruitment/Training/Equiping Program.

Based on your Examination you have been provided with the following Skill Sets/Gene Modification Upgrades.

* Basic Firearms Training - You have been trained in all small arms.

* Basic Hand to Hand Combat Training

* Long Range Portable Ballistics Training - You have been trained and authorized for the use of Long Range Mortar and Sniper Rifles.

* Symbiotic Affinity Augmentation - You have been innoculated and your body has been specially treated to implant/remove any symbiotics you are able to acquire. You have been given rudimentary training in the installation and safe removal of all authorized Symbiotes.

* Cybernetic Affinity Augmentation - You have been innoculated and your body has been specially treated to recieve cybernetic replacement parts. Note: Cybernetics CAN interfere with Symbiotics or other Gene Alteration. SubNote: While you are cleared for Cybernetic replacement, your enlistment in the Mercenary Buyout Program prohibits you from Corporate Insurance. All Cybernetics and Installment costs must come out of pocket.

Based on your Examination you have been given the following Equipment outfitting.

* Orcus Defiler Class Autofire Pistol

* Narissian Electron Slug Symbiote (Right Arm Slot): Feeding of the bodies own electrical impulses, Electron Slugs can be used to fire concentrated orbs of electricity. More practically used against Mechanae or Computerized Systems, Narissian Electron Slug projectiles can easily damage living tissue as well.

* Oxidizer Shrike (Left Arm Slot) Oxidizer Shrikes feed primarily on metal but can subsist on the iron in the human body. More remarkable however is the ability to use their hosts own blood to produce a powerful Oxidizing agent that can almsot instantly corrode metal. The Shrike can spit it's Oxidizing Agent to a range of 10 yards.

* 1500 in DigiCash

Controlling Interest in your existence is : Mandrake Pharmaceutical Corporation
    Your Worth/Buyout cost is: 324,000 DigiCash.

You will be processed and shipped to Paprika Seven at the earliest possible convenience, thanks again for your coorperation and enrollment.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Default Evelyn Rollins

Evelyn Rollins, You have been approved! Welcome to the CrossCorporate Mercenary Recruitment/Training/Equiping Program.

Based on your Examination you have been provided with the following Skill Sets/Gene Modification Upgrades.

* Expanded Long Range Portable Ballistics Training - You have been trained and authorized for the use of Long Range Mortar and Sniper Rifles. Your Expanded rating also qualifies you in the use of Rocket Launchers And Medium Calliber Autocannons.

* Cybernetic Affinity Augmentation - You have been innoculated and your body has been specially treated to recieve cybernetic replacement parts. Note: Cybernetics CAN interfere with Symbiotics or other Gene Alteration. SubNote: While you are cleared for Cybernetic replacement, your enlistment in the Mercenary Buyout Program prohibits you from Corporate Insurance. All Cybernetics and Installment costs must come out of pocket.

* Demolitions Training - You have been thouroughly trained in the proper use of Authroized Explosives

* Basic Drone Repair/Programming - You have Rudimentary training in the setting up/operation/maintenence of Basic Grade Remote Drones.

* Advanced Vehicle Maintenence - You have been thouroughly trained in all vehicle maintenence courses.

Based on your Examination you have been given the following Equipment outfitting.

* 1 Metronome Systems Blowfly class Drone. Blowflies have a remote range of up to one mile and are equipped with twin linked Orcus Defiler Class Autofire Pistols.

* 5 Orcus Inferno Firebomb Units

* 2 Atlas Small Structure Demolition Packages

* 700 DigiCash

Controlling Interest in your existence is: Atlas Manufacturing
    Your Worth/Buyout is: 300,000 DigiCash

You will be processed and shipped to Paprika Seven at the earliest possible convenience, thanks again for your coorperation and enrollment.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Default Marsh

Marsh Rollins, You have been approved! Welcome to the CrossCorporate Mercenary Recruitment/Training/Equiping Program.

* Mechane/Powered Armor Operations Training - You have been trained in the operation of all Mechanae/Power Armors

* Emergency Services Medical Training - You have been trained in First Response Field Medicine

* Basic Medical Training - You have been trained in Basic Medicine. You are also authorized in the installment of Simple Symbiotic/Cybernetic Installment. You do not have clearance/training for Advanced Surgical Techniques/Body Mod Installment

* Bishamonten Battle Systems First Response Power Armor: This Armor is designed for Front Line medics for use during Inter Corporate Skirmishes. It is equipped with the following subsystems
    - Standard Power Supply - One Week Runtime (Power Supply Slot)
    - Internal Basic Life Support Systems (Internal Basic Slot One)
    - Basic Small Band Communications Suite (Internal Basic Slot Two)
    - On Board Medical Diagnostics Computer ( Left Arm Slot)
    - Mini Class Storage Bay (Back/Storage Slot)
    - Short Range Jump Jets - 4 Minute Charge (Left/Right Leg Slot)

* Eir Medical Field Medicine Kit

* 500 DigiCash

Controlling Interest in your existence is: Eir Medical
    Your Worth/Buyout is: 500,000 DigiCash

You will be processed and shipped to Paprika Seven at the earliest possible convenience, thanks again for your coorperation and enrollment
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Your current user title is

Now what?

Flame,Troll and Spoil

well, I'm gonna wait for one or two more people... if no one signs up in a couple of days I'll atually start.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Default Jas Past

Jas Past, You have been approved! Welcome to the CrossCorporate Mercenary Recruitment/Training/Equiping Program.

* Advanced Hand to Hand Combat Training

* Advanced Infiltration/Stealth Training - You have been trained to the highest standards in stealth. In addition you have received Advanced level training in disabling security devices.

* Reconnaissance Equipment Training - You have received rudimentary training in the use of various Reconnaissance equipment and are authorized for their use

* Limited Drone Operation Training - You have been trained in the Operation of Stealth and Reconaissance Drones only.

* Shaitain Illusory Class Manual Silenced Pistol

* 2 Heated Core Concealable Grade Daggers. Note- Heated Core weaponry can be temporarily overclocked to heat to extreme tempatures, allowing them to penetrate most forms of metal. This is not officially condoned however, as it leads to a tendency to Break down the fuel cells and short out the Heating Core in the weaponry

* 1 Metronome Systems MiniRodent Class Surveillance Drone

* 1 DataMine Visual Disruptor 15 minute battery- This advanced stealth device blurs the image of the user, implementing a partial holographic display of whatever is imediately behind them.

* 3,000 DigiCash

Controlling Interest in your existence is: DataMine Corporation
    Your Worth/Buyout is: 200,000 DigiCash

JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Feel free to post your input/hopes/whatever about the game in this thread as well as any questions you have about the setting. I'll make another thread for the actual story/gameplay tomorrow evening.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

And for those concerned about the pacing, it'll be largely dependent on y'all. I know some people don't have time to get on more than once a day and make a post, so I'll try not to leave anyone behinds. For character Development/Personal Side Plot type stuff everyone can go as quickly or slowly as they want. I don't exoect this to be NEARLY as ridiculously fast paced as Neccessary Evils, or even Pirates, so no worries there.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

You can make up NPCs along the way, sure. I'm sure I'll create plenty, and most of them can be used by whoever needs em.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Please dont smile, it makes me jealous dragon_berry's Avatar

Kinda miss PD, and just in time for a (seemingly) osm RP. Mind if I join in? :9

Name: Verge Archain

D. Stealth and a shiv

B. No

B. Energy Evocation

B. Is good for the guys I'm commanding

C. An interesting study, I'd love to test the effects of it, on someone else.

Gain private connection to one of the corporation's well-ranked beforehand. Let him/her do the work. No need to danger myself by physically getting in myself

A. Yes. (Although morale isn't really a good asset)

8. If you could be assigned a particular Product Branch which would you prefer.
    C. Gene/Form Manipulation Research

B. See Option A. unless they have a particular usefulness at the time.

B. Stem Grown Clone Parts

Sweet. But if it bound too much, it become a hindrance

12. Computers:
    A. Useful Tools

3. I only pledge myself to science and knowledge

16. Implanted Psionics:

17. Guns
    C. Pragmatic but not my first choice

Families are given without the chance to refuse. Friends' value depend on how they're capable of. Although their trust is a great assets whatsoever.

Fallen_wings, my oldest friend(?) :P
    Global "Warming", the inventor of 'we were was' :-X
    Poke_Hunter the 'please online' pair :happysad:
    Eon Spirit the fellow RP-er :D
    Trixie the anti-idiot pair :cool:
    God, the only reason I survived PD :nigga:

Fellow Spritist: Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor
    All hail google

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Am I too late?? This is very fascinating, I think this will be tons of fun! (I hope I did this right)

Name: Minuette (Min-you-it) Lyre

E. Tactics All of the above are useless without the brains to use them.

A. Yes "Excite" is a strong word, but do I really have a choice?

A. Summoning This sounds the least likely to backfire...

A. Slows me Down too muchNot everything has to be overdone. Never underestimate the body's will for survival, it is probably the greatest armor you could wear.

A. Suit me Up Who am I to argue otherwise?

Time. Work your way in, from the bottom up and trust few. All things being equal, the simplest answer is often the best.

B. NoReligion, at it's basic definition, is any habitual pattern repeated over and over and over again.

E. Medical/Support SystemsPreservation is key.

C. I care deeply about a select few (ie. family/peer groups) If we cannot even begin to believe in eachother, can we ever hope to believe in ourselves?

B. Stem Grown Clone PartsAlthough I'm familiar with neither process

Subordinace and compliance.

12. Computers:
    D. Are mostly irrelevant in places I'll likely end up. Never was gifted with those.

Ten

Ten

B. Taking Coever, Dodging behind somethign is the smartest thing to do! You can't kill what you can't hit... right?

16. Implanted Psionics:
    D. Is terribly frighteningWe should be more careful about who we invite in our minds.

17. Guns
    B. Small, Compact, Concealable. Never to be used as a crutch, but rather, as a tool.

My family is everything to me. They own my heart, now I must pay the debt for them.

I am young, but ready and eager to work. I am but a humble subordinate, I can take orders and follow direction.

Thank you for completing this Cross Corporate Worth Assessment.
    You're welcome.

HOLY SHIT MUTTYS! HEEY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Also, I'll process this asap.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Me? Oh, I don't know. Busy I guess. But I miss writing, and I love sci-fi and I remembered this place and thought I'd take a peek.

Awesome, I'll try and do up your profile tonight, and maybe we can get the game back on track. Only Nyrisis and Ripdo ever posted...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I say force posts, evenn if it's three people to start. Eventually it will get the ball rolling and people will clamour to join.

Just keep moving forward.

definitely. I've had some family issues to deal with at the house for the last couple of days so I'm slow to finish your profile. Many Appologies.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Nothing to apologize for! Take your time, it's not like I shouldn't be studying anyway. I hope it works itself out.

Please dont smile, it makes me jealous dragon_berry's Avatar

Just keep this one alive, please
    Fallen_wings, my oldest friend(?) :P
    Global "Warming", the inventor of 'we were was' :-X
    Poke_Hunter the 'please online' pair :happysad:
    Eon Spirit the fellow RP-er :D
    Trixie the anti-idiot pair :cool:
    God, the only reason I survived PD :nigga:

Fellow Spritist: Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor
    All hail google