Thread: i'm gon write a treatise on why pd can never be a successful forum

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default i'm gon write a treatise on why pd can never be a successful forum

no doubt it will probably be riddled with factual errors but hopefully i'll get my point across

im gonna write a treatise on lords sexuality

hes a faggot

im gonna write a treatise on procrastination

later

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

y u so negative
    "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

because i lack positive charges

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

I mean Lord. but I can agree with tht.
    "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    I mean Lord. but I can agree with tht.
    i'm not negative, i'm a realist

thats my line

you are negative

you are gay

you said that with a negative tone, thus proving my point

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

"Lawd is a feggeht" - Rayne
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

that makes me sound eastern european

That is the most European your gonna get.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Hahaha oh kirby

Ever since I joined PD, I'll admit I've have an unhealthy fixation on 'good posting.' PD has always been radically different from every other Pokemon forum out there because its culture is rooted in 'good posting.' Whilst anywhere else, SPAM is treated as a bad thing, it is encouraged over here. Mostly anything you can name that's treated as bad as Leukemia on other orthodox forums is a-okay here, so long as it's done by a 'good poster.' When Miss Raichu joined PD in January 2009, she got into minor scuffles with the two head honchos of the forum at the time, Fullmetal and God. She had been told to relax because she wasn't yet a 'good poster,' her response was aptly, 'what is a good poster?' This question was reiterated for weeks until she eventually stopped logging in and despite God, Fullmetal, a whole bunch of elites and background posters pitching in with what makes a 'good poster,' she never got an answer.

So everyone on this forum is brought up to appreciate 'good posting,' (as if there is objectively such a thing) but no one can tell you what it is. Me? I like reading varied posts, ranging from analytical; humourous; informative; personal; satirical or just hanging out. But I'm not everyone - I'm just me. And if I've learned anything about myself in the last while, it's that I'm a controversial character: nobody can agree with me all of the time. If no one can agree with me all of the time (and as the saying goes, no one can agree with anyone all of the time), how are we all meant to agree on 'good posting?'

The truth of the matter is that the forumites here are not acclaimed critics of message board postings, they are actually just good at preemptively guessing what someone will like. That 'someone' is not an interchangeable term with anyone you want, it actually only denotes one person: the de facto ruler of PokeDream Forums: God. How did Mario become number one when most of the forumites hated him; how did he run everyone who disliked him off the forum? Simple, God endorsed him. With that, Mario got a loyal following of teenagers who took God's word as that of the gospel and blew it out of proportion. Teenagers need someone to look up to and what was better than as close a revolutionary as they can get to; someone who overthrew a totalitarian rule of a forum and ended up admin of a fun general discussion board.

If an elite or a background posters says, 'it looks like ___ is a good poster,' what they actually mean, without even knowing it, is that this poster is likely to be endorsed by God as a 'good poster,' and in turn, the sheep will think the same thing. There is no such thing as good posting, only a cult following of someone's opinion.

I actually don't care about "good posting". If I can "talk" to them, or find them interesting, then I like them. Don't understand why posts need to be analysed all the time. I never make any effort to make mine "good" in any sort of way, I just post if I want to talk to someone.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

bump

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Boring thread

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I was on this forum before Tim. Which means that I remember PD before the duo got on board.

I respect his opinion on people, but it's not like I have to get his opinion on someone before I can make an opinion myself. Our opinions DO vary on a couple people, but I don't post my opinions on them because I don't have to.